Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Banners for brighton away

Comments

• Options
    £32 rip off
  • Options
    And for seven games at The Valley away fans will pay £28.

Bearing in mind the free bus and train travel within the boundary zone of the amex the price is reasonable.
  • Options
    MSE7 said:

£32 rip off

Not great, but as Elsborg says regarding part of the travel included in the price, it's ok. Ipswich and Leeds will charge roughly the same, so not just Brighton.

Easy answer in my opinion. If you feel it's too expensive then don't go.
  • Options
    And think of all that money you've saved by sitting in A Block.
  • Options
    We'll sell out at £32 so it's hardly going to be football without fans
  • Options
    rina said:

You think so?
  • Options
    shirty5 said:

MSE7 said:

£32 rip off

I don't think I can go Brighton away anyhow it clashes with my appointment up Harley street. Been on the waiting list for months to have a reduction done.
  • Options
    MSE7 said:

shirty5 said:

MSE7 said:

£32 rip off

I don't think I can go Brighton away anyhow it clashes with my appointment up Harley street. Been on the waiting list for months to have a reduction done.
    I did think you were a big tit! ;o)
  • Options
    Brighton is great day out. Excellent facilities and very welcoming (guest ales from away team's region). I think £32 is reasonable... if you disagree don't go.
  • Options
    Might take me fishing rod steal some of their fish while we are down there,try and get £32 worth of Seabass

"Brighton are our friends they hate palace"
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Of course it's a rip off, so is £28. The liverpool banners in the picture are protesting at the emirates, Man city fans have protested and boycotted other fixtures. West ham prices are ridiculous too -£49 to see stoke?! Leicester charging £50 this season to their own fans on their members scheme see Manchester united.

On the whole we have reasonable pricing at Charlton but if we go up how many of us would or could keep going? Those saying 'Don't go then', you lovers of market forces, are missing the point in the same shortsighted way as those setting these silly prices. You'll be in half empty stadia wondering why the atmosphere is half again what it used to be and why our away numbers are ever smaller..
  • Options
    at the end of the day we are much better off in the championship,our ground is a championship size ground and would not like what happened to us cash wise like last time
  • Options
    So, throwing in a bit of free local travel all of a sudden makes it a cheap day out? One of the reasons I don't tend to go to away games these days. By the time you've forked out to get there, had something to eat etc, you find that's a good part of £60 gone just watching a game of football> Glad to hear that most on here can afford it so easily though..............
  • Options
    Brighton's ground is a pain to get to and away from. Last season they had the game streamed online so hoping for the same this year.
  • Options
    Will be in Brighton on the 30th, unfortunately not for the game but for a friends wedding, went last season good day out even though the performance was poor.
  • Options

Bearing in mind the free bus and train travel within the boundary zone of the amex the price is reasonable.

TeeC said:

Brighton is great day out. Excellent facilities and very welcoming (guest ales from away team's region). I think £32 is reasonable... if you disagree don't go.

I suppose it may be 'reasonable' measured against some other stuff, like other football matches, or a visit to the theatre in London. Then again it isn't 'reasonable' compared to buying in SKY television.

I don't think it is that reasonable compared with working in Sainsbury's for example getting paid the minimum wage, and as a percentage of an old age pension it is an unreasonable amount.

Still, Liam Ridgewell and his ilk need a steady supply of £50 notes I suppose.

I got a ticket for Brentford for £19, the Brighton game would cost an extra £13 for me, very hard to justify the expense if it is ongoing.

Are clubs going to continue to up prices until they find the tipping point?
  • Options
    Prague has often spoken about the german model where cost to fans is kept down.

The playersare the main beneficiaries of the sky money in this country. Everyone else is ripped off.
  • Options

So, throwing in a bit of free local travel all of a sudden makes it a cheap day out? One of the reasons I don't tend to go to away games these days. By the time you've forked out to get there, had something to eat etc, you find that's a good part of £60 gone just watching a game of football> Glad to hear that most on here can afford it so easily though..............

Wish it was £60 for an away game
  • Options
    seth plum said:

TeeC said:

I suppose it may be 'reasonable' measured against some other stuff, like other football matches, or a visit to the theatre in London. Then again it isn't 'reasonable' compared to buying in SKY television.

I don't think it is that reasonable compared with working in Sainsbury's for example getting paid the minimum wage, and as a percentage of an old age pension it is an unreasonable amount.

I got a ticket for Brentford for £19, the Brighton game would cost an extra £13 for me, very hard to justify the expense if it is ongoing.

So what do you consider a fair price?
  • Options
    blockquote class="Quote" rel="ElfsborgAddick">
    seth plum said:

TeeC said:

Well 'fair' is as relative as 'reasonable', but since you ask then I reckon two adults and two kids would get a 'family' cinema ticket at the O2 which is £32.60. I therefore reckon (back of the envelope thinking) that £60 for a family for the football is probably the most they ought to shell out for the experience...maybe fifty squids would be even neater.
    Both the cinema and the football would incur 'excursion' expenses, and of all that has to also stack up against subscriptions to Netflix and Sky.
    A family of four going to Brighton would be looking at £72 assuming one of the kids is under 10, or £80 if both kids were teenagers.
    That money would eat up the income from a whole days work for a parent with a modest and humble job.
    Or it would be about one and a half sheets of toilet paper for Liam Ridgewell.<

• Sponsored links:

• Options

Is that reasonable considering their travel,food and drink costs? Are the club charging too much?

• Options
    shirty5 said:

Is that reasonable considering their travel,food and drink costs? Are the club charging too much?

Accrington charge £20 for league two football, without going through the whole division if that is an average price then our £28(for gold games) is fair enough.
  • Options
    seth plum said:

blockquote class="Quote" rel="ElfsborgAddick">

seth plum said:

TeeC said:

Well 'fair' is as relative as 'reasonable', but since you ask then I reckon two adults and two kids would get a 'family' cinema ticket at the O2 which is £32.60. I therefore reckon (back of the envelope thinking) that £60 for a family for the football is probably the most they ought to shell out for the experience...maybe fifty squids would be even neater.
    Both the cinema and the football would incur 'excursion' expenses, and of all that has to also stack up against subscriptions to Netflix and Sky.
    A family of four going to Brighton would be looking at £72 assuming one of the kids is under 10, or £80 if both kids were teenagers.
    That money would eat up the income from a whole days work for a parent with a modest and humble job.
    Or it would be about one and a half sheets of toilet paper for Liam Ridgewell.<

It's a topic that could go on forever.

However whilst the package of £32 is acceptable, I have just been on Brighton's website and seen that lower tier on the half-way line is £42, THAT is a bit too heavy.
    Oh yeah, we are a grade A game as well!
  • Options
    MSE7 said:

rina said:

You think so?
    We only had 1,500ish there in April.
  • Options
    2,667 Massives made the short trip to Brighton yesterday
  • Options
    CAFCTrev said:

MSE7 said:

rina said:

You think so?
    Tuesday night wasnt it? Saturday would sell out no problem
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    CAFCsayer said:

CAFCTrev said:

MSE7 said:

rina said:

You think so?
    Tuesday night wasnt it? Saturday would sell out no problem
    No it was a Saturday. If we couldn't sell out for the same game last season which was only a few months ago, I can't see us doing it this time around....
  • Options
    Only once Charlton reduce the £28 price for 7 of our games this season for away games will the moaning about the £32 price be valid.
  • Options
    In terms of what is reasonable, well, Essex charge £17 for a whole day of second division cricket. I can't see that Div 2 football can really justify being that much different really. That makes a Charlton adult season ticket where I sit about right price-wise. It makes watching an away match at Brighton, Ipswich and the like a bit of a rip-off frankly.
    As for the inclusive travel argument well I don't want to travel standing up on a crowded shitty park-and-ride bus or on some train that's likely to break down. I want the convenience of getting into my car and driving to a car park at or near the ground. I then want to leave the ground and go home. I don't want to queue for an inadequate train service or kick my heels waiting around in some soulless concrete facility until the queues have dissipated.
    I went to Brighton last season but I'm not going this and it won't get anywhere near selling out.
  • Options
    Probably not a fair comparison to look at the likes of Accrington. Their other income streams i.e. TV are pitiful, so maximising turnstile revenues is critical to them keeping afloat. Agree the pricing has to be right and we should look at those around us as a better comparison. For me, anything under £30 is ok for Championship football and if the £32 for Brighton includes a few quid for the train out the Falmer, then I am ok with that (and I am going). Brighton is probably the best test of our away following. A good location and not too far, Given early season optimism I would hope we sell out or get close. Oohah can't probably articulate that better.....