Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Mark Robins Quits Huddersfield

Comments

• Options
    No surprise Huddersfield have gone through a few managers in recent times despite having a relatively successful time. the Chairman is a little impatient and the pressure on Robins was too much
  • Options
    Not surprised. As JohnnyH2 has said their chairman has gone through a few managers now. Met a Huddersfield fan a few seasons back who was the biggest knobhead who banged on like they were like Barcelona so my opinion of them has always been clouded.
  • Options
    Ridiculous. What is the point of going through a whole pre-season and then quitting after one game. The annual managerial circus has got off to a very early start
  • Options
    Powell is apparently talking with the owners. I'd be very happy for him taking this one - he deserves another crack at this league and I quite like HTFC. Here's hoping that if it happens they're not direct relegation rivals of ours so we can root for them
  • Options
    Leuth said:

Powell is apparently talking with the owners. I'd be very happy for him taking this one - he deserves another crack at this league and I quite like HTFC. Here's hoping that if it happens they're not direct relegation promotion rivals of ours so we can root for them

Fixed it for you
  • Options
    Leuth said:

Powell is apparently talking with the owners. I'd be very happy for him taking this one - he deserves another crack at this league and I quite like HTFC. Here's hoping that if it happens they're not direct relegation rivals of ours so we can root for them

And we'll see him several times a season with all the cup games we play against each other!
  • Options
    that would make sense with CP's first game being against us - nice!
  • Options
    Strong rumours the CP next Hudd manager.
  • Options
    thanks Colin
  • Options
    Steven Pressley is still the runaway favourite.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I know and if I stick 20 quid on Megson his name will also shoot into the frame.

• Options

I know and if I stick 20 quid on Megson his name will also shoot into the frame.

Dare ya..........
  • Options

If you stick that twenty right up your 'arris, I'm sure some of your fellow piglets will shoot right into the frame.

• Options
    Huddersfield should be in exactly the same place as us and Sheffield Wednesday, i.e., third season after League 1 promotion, able to release players they don't think can help going forwards and with no real threat of relegation nor the play offs. They haven't spent big and they don't have the legacy of high earners like many clubs in the division. I haven't followed exactly what has gone on - Is Robins off somewhere else?
    Certainly a job which Powell (or Riga!) might take on to get him back in the dug out?
  • Options

If you stick that twenty right up your 'arris, I'm sure some of your fellow piglets will shoot right into the frame.

And if I stuck it up yours you'd be a happy man living in Brighton?
  • Options

Huddersfield should be in exactly the same place as us and Sheffield Wednesday, i.e., third season after League 1 promotion, able to release players they don't think can help going forwards and with no real threat of relegation nor the play offs. They haven't spent big and they don't have the legacy of high earners like many clubs in the division. I haven't followed exactly what has gone on - Is Robins off somewhere else?
    Certainly a job which Powell (or Riga!) might take on to get him back in the dug out?

Next man that goes to Huddersfield will have a job on, not even sure I'd like CP to get the job as he genuinely seems a decent bloke.
  • Options
    Got to laugh at Chizz, he really takes things to heart doesn't he?

• Options
    If Powelly does end up as the Hudds manager it will be interesting to see what tactics he employs...as I felt that was his achillies heel (puts tin hat on).
  • Options
    I think he would do well there the owner seems quite a supporter of his mgrs and loyal clubs fit their mgrs that would be a good fit for Powelly
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    SCP at Huddersfield would work for me, always worrying he will end up at a club to dislike(like Curbs at West Ham) but every time i have been to Huddersfield, they seemed like a decent family club like us.
  • Options
    Rumoured
    Deserves another go
  • Options
    Thanks colin
  • Options

Looks like he'd fit right in.............

Woulda been perfect if he'd been sat in an outside lav.................
  • Options

Looks like he'd fit right in.............

That is superb.
  • Options
    Didn't stop a certain northern addick flagging it though................. :-D
  • Options

Didn't stop a certain northern addick flagging it though................. :-D

Lol whoops my finger slipped.

*admin - I retract that flag and take tangoflash's post in the spirit it was meant (this time ;-) )*
  • Options
    That's okay AUN, I've been thinking that my flag count is letting me down anyway....................;-)