Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

A way to show our appreciation to RD on Tuesday / Saturday?

edited August 2014 in General Charlton
I'm not talking about anything on the pitch, I'm talking about the multi millions of pounds spent this summer on bringing The Valley back up to scratch again. Wasn't a necessary investment but they have listened and spent.

What do you think?

Comments

• Options
    Bar humbug!
  • Options
    Let's just turn up, take it seriously and make some noise.
  • Options
    Turn up and support the team.
  • Options
    nichorob you want to get yourself a book
  • Options
    Looking forward to my fish n chips!
  • Options
    Katrien is f*ckin gorgeous can we be particularly thankful to her
  • Options
    edited August 2014
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Turn up - tick
    Get behind the team - tick

That's it.
  • Options
    I think a Belgian flag across the North Upper.
  • Options
    I'm going to wear each one of his football clubs shirts for 10 minutes. Will take a fee games to get them all done though. Let's hope he's here.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    I will pop along to Greggs and purchase a Belgian Bun before the home games this week.
  • Options
    If he is there on Saturday, I believe he deserves very big welcome. Some of your memories are far too short.
  • Options
    Thank him by buying a ticket tomorow and attending.

We all want the same thing...for charlton to do well.... Whether thats for pleasure, business, or a bit of both.
  • Options
    MrLargo said:

A lot of people on here seem to be getting very excited about some new plastic seats and a lick of paint here and there. He appears to have invested a reasonable amount of money in the playing squad but has also failed to keep hold of arguably the best youngster we've had since Parker. Think I'll at least wait until we've taken some points off Millwall before I start flashing my moobs at him.

I think you are being harsh about keeping Poyet. Poyet had decided to go a long time before RD arrived. Failure to secure his services lies firmly with the previous board. However, Rd has done nothing out of the goodness of his heart and he hopes to make money out of his purchase and investment. I am happy that he is here and made his investment but am under no illusion that he will be here long term.
  • Options
    MrLargo said:

A lot of people on here seem to be getting very excited about some new plastic seats and a lick of paint here and there. He appears to have invested a reasonable amount of money in the playing squad but has also failed to keep hold of arguably the best youngster we've had since Parker. Think I'll at least wait until we've taken some points off Millwall before I start flashing my moobs at him.

Nothing to do with Roland. His decision to move to pastures new was made a while ago - I am sure of that.

There's no way we would throw £15k a week at him whilst there was a realistic chance of being in League 1. Sad but true.

I fully agree Roland deserves deserves a big thankyou for everything he has done for the club so far - and I hope it continues in the same way.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited August 2014
    Belgian chocolates, or more specifically cherries soaked in Kirsch and then enrobed in dark chocolate. I'm up for doing my bit however onerous:-)
  • Options
    He deserves a nod of appreciation for the stadium development. I can't forget about the Powell / Kermorgant incidents though, and will hold back on any overwhelming thank yous until the success on the pitch is memorable.
  • Options
    Kap10 said:

MrLargo said:

I think you are being harsh about keeping Poyet. Poyet had decided to go a long time before RD arrived. Failure to secure his services lies firmly with the previous board. However, Rd has done nothing out of the goodness of his heart and he hopes to make money out of his purchase and investment. I am happy that he is here and made his investment but am under no illusion that he will be here long term.
    Don't want to get involved in the "Is Roland a very nice man or the epitome of evil?" debate - there's already thousands of posts elsewhere on that subject. Interested in your last comment though, about being "under no illusion that he will be here long term". Are you saying that you think he's in it to make a quick buck, presumably hoping to get us promoted to the Premier League and then sell up as soon as there's a decent offer on the table?

Jiminez/Slater and co made it quite clear from the outset that was there intention (before Cash withdrew is cash) to get us to the Prem and sell up. I didn't really get that impression with RD though. I don't think he's sold any other clubs yet (aside from transferring ownership of a Belgium club into his wife's name). Obviously RD is in it to make money, but my theory was that he would achieve this by running, say 5 clubs as a network for the cost of running maybe 3 independently. Not looking for an argument, just curious about your theory.

By the way, for what it's worth, I don't believe Poyet had decided to go before Duchatelet had arrived. I think he would have stayed under Powell and I think he was considering it under Riga. 3 managers in 6 months doesn't suggest the sort of stability you want when your trying to build your career though.
  • Options
    shirty5 said:

I will pop along to Greggs and purchase a Belgian Bun before the home games this week.

This!! :)
  • Options
    Dave21

You may be buying a ticket but he is supplying the entertainment and facilities so we should doff our caps at an appropriate time none the less
  • Options
    barstool said:

Dave21

You may be buying a ticket but he is supplying the entertainment and facilities so we should doff our caps at an appropriate time none the less

Doth our caps? What is this an East 17 appreciation meeting?

• Options
    Perhaps we could show appreciation back to Roland in kind? If his investment on the pitch yields the results then we eat more pies and drink more beer!

• Options
    Man's a legend he's replaced my faded plastic seat!
  • Options
    edited August 2014

Man's a legend he's replaced my faded plastic seat!

But you didn't renew your season ticket (as you've told us sooo many times). Your seat ???
    Your favourite memory at Charlton is - "Not having a season ticket drop through my letterbox this year!"