Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

A way to show our appreciation to RD on Tuesday / Saturday?

2»

Comments

• Options
    Minutes applause at 3 minutes (run for cover)?...We are still in the Championship...
  • Options
    Maybe we can all applaud in the 25h minute to mark how many days the Delort rumour has been going on?
  • Options
    MrLargo said:

Kap10 said:

MrLargo said:

A lot of people on here seem to be getting very excited about some new plastic seats and a lick of paint here and there. He appears to have invested a reasonable amount of money in the playing squad but has also failed to keep hold of arguably the best youngster we've had since Parker. Think I'll at least wait until we've taken some points off Millwall before I start flashing my moobs at him.

I think you are being harsh about keeping Poyet. Poyet had decided to go a long time before RD arrived. Failure to secure his services lies firmly with the previous board. However, Rd has done nothing out of the goodness of his heart and he hopes to make money out of his purchase and investment. I am happy that he is here and made his investment but am under no illusion that he will be here long term.
    Don't want to get involved in the "Is Roland a very nice man or the epitome of evil?" debate - there's already thousands of posts elsewhere on that subject. Interested in your last comment though, about being "under no illusion that he will be here long term". Are you saying that you think he's in it to make a quick buck, presumably hoping to get us promoted to the Premier League and then sell up as soon as there's a decent offer on the table?

Jiminez/Slater and co made it quite clear from the outset that was there intention (before Cash withdrew is cash) to get us to the Prem and sell up. I didn't really get that impression with RD though. I don't think he's sold any other clubs yet (aside from transferring ownership of a Belgium club into his wife's name). Obviously RD is in it to make money, but my theory was that he would achieve this by running, say 5 clubs as a network for the cost of running maybe 3 independently. Not looking for an argument, just curious about your theory.

By the way, for what it's worth, I don't believe Poyet had decided to go before Duchatelet had arrived. I think he would have stayed under Powell and I think he was considering it under Riga. 3 managers in 6 months doesn't suggest the sort of stability you want when your trying to build your career though.
    Or was it because they paid him a lot more money than we would
  • Options

I think we have been starved for so long we are now thankful for the basic meal.

The terrible previous owners are making him seem like a saint.

Uh?! The terrible owners that appointed chris powell?!

*runs outside with head in hands crying*
  • Options
    Simple chant of his name to the tune used for Paulo Di Canio