Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Robin Williams RIP

13»

Comments

• Options
    Such a shame that, from now on, every time I watch one of his films/stand up routines/riotous interviews the joy will be tainted by the knowledge of the seriousness of his inner struggles - the front that hid so much.

Making people laugh was, as we know, just one of his addictions. It's so sad that he couldn't finally find a way of managing the ones that caused him so much misery and led to his untimely death.

The world was a better place with Robin Williams. Sadly, he just couldn't, at certain times, appreciate or put any value on that.

RIP Robin.
  • Options
    RIP Robin, true comedy genius. One of the greats!
  • Options
    r i p robin, thanks for all the laughs and there were many, very sad day. loved the fisher king.
  • Options
    Found out about 30 mins ago when my Mum text me to say "What sad news about Robin Williams, I'll never forget the amount of times we used to go to the cinema when you were in Primary School to watch his films"

Thats what hit me the most. The sort of actor who really was great entertainment for families and all ages.

RIP.
  • Options
    Many demons throughout his life

Even the films like happy feet etc where his voice was done

Night at the museum 3 is out soon
  • Options
    A truly original, brilliant comedian and actor. RIP Mork. Nanu Nanu.
  • Options
    Gutted to hear the news this morning.
  • Options
    Films such as patch Adams come to mind," laughter is the best medicine" it must be horrible for a comedian/comedy actor to have to continually make people laugh when all they want to do is cry :-( at least he won't be suffering anymore. RIP
  • Options
    RIP

Had the unusual knack of being able to play both comedy and straight roles to perfection . You really felt his characters (with the possible exception of Mork !) were genuine and you both laughed and cried with them . Dead Poets Society was probably my favourite film of his.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    RIP
    Loved his films and his comedy.
    Appears he was a very nice man with a good heart.
  • Options

Genie, you're free. pic.twitter.com/WjA9QuuldD

— The Academy (@TheAcademy) August 12, 2014
  • Options
    Sad; a real loss; RIP
  • Options
    Seen Mrs Doubtfire countless times. I have the DVD on shelf about 2 metres away from where I am now.
  • Options
    Just seen something from a few months ago, noticed a few if his films are on sky the next couple of days so thought it might have been his birthday or something and came across this

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2829868/Robin-Williams-suicide-triggered-hallucinations-devastating-form-dementia.html

Apparently the doctors reckon his suicide is likely to have been caused by hallucinations and Paranoia caused by Dementia.

So very sad
  • Options
    Actor Jamie Costa released this 5 minute piece he worked on after a positive reaction to a previous Robin Williams impression he did.
    Fans are now calling for him to star in a biopic about the late actor. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-kOy4s_Z0M&t=306s
    That's actually pretty uncanny