Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Sky sports news hq

So the channel has gone through a rebranding, that's fine, but who's bright idea was it to move to channel 401, pushing sky sports 1 to 402, sky sports 2 to 403 etc etc. Proper light bulb moment.

Comments

• Options
    does seem a bit of a total waste of time
  • Options
    Probably so it's consistent with Sky News (501)
  • Options
    Same has happened on Virgin Media. 501 for SSN, 502 for Sky Sports 1. Really frustrating as it used to be 511 for SS1.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    At work so I cant check now but can anyone tell me what will happen to my channels....

I have BT tv, with Sky Sports added on, so Sky Sports 1 is 501 and Sky Sports 2 502. Does that mean im now not going to get Sky Sports 2 and only have news on 501 and 1 on 502?!

Or am I just confusing myself?!
  • Options
    Should have used 500 for SSNHQ

I reckon they'll rebrand the channels soon, so SSFORMULA1, SSFOOTBALL SSCRICKET etc etc
  • Options

At work so I cant check now but can anyone tell me what will happen to my channels....

I have BT tv, with Sky Sports added on, so Sky Sports 1 is 501 and Sky Sports 2 502. Does that mean im now not going to get Sky Sports 2 and only have news on 501 and 1 on 502?!

Or am I just confusing myself?!

you will still have the channels, they will just have a different number.
  • Options
    Talal said:

So the channel has gone through a rebranding, that's fine, but who's bright idea was it to move to channel 401, pushing sky sports 1 to 402, sky sports 2 to 403 etc etc. Proper light bulb moment.

What a massive drama! How will you cope?

Thank goodness there aren't more important things happening in the world like genocide or mass outbreaks of a deadly disease in a really poor part of the world........
  • Options
    There are terrible things happening all over the world, tragic events everyday. Does this mean then that normal life cannot continue? Are we not allowed to have a light hearted grumble about the everyday things that niggle us?
    I was devastated this morning by the Sky rebranding and it has already ruined my day, I may get over it or maybe it will have a permanent affect on the rest of my life; only time will tell.
    Life goes on for the majority of the worlds population regardless of what is happening elsewhere, most people will feel for the sufferers of this cruel world but the same world cannot simply stop and dwell on all the sadness and evil for ever.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    How could this numbering have gone so wrong?

This is all the fault of God/The Israelis/Hamas/Thatcher/Prothero/Guardian/Daily Mail/Blair/Powell/Katrien/The atheists * delete as appropriate*
  • Options
    @MrOneLung‌ You missed out Dowie.
  • Options
    redcarter said:

Talal said:

Thank goodness there aren't more important things happening in the world like genocide or mass outbreaks of a deadly disease in a really poor part of the world........
    The last thread you started was about Baked Beans.
    should have put a smiley face at the end of my comment (oops).
  • Options
    Talal said:

Talal said:

Always gotta be some bellend that comes out with comments like this. I'm very much aware that relatively speaking it is unimportant. As is football as a whole, so I guess we should all just not bother eh?
    Bell end LOL. Calm down keyboard warrior, I was only messing about.
  • Options
    Yes of course it isn't a massive problem in the grand scheme of things, but as others point out are we just supposed to have deep meaningful conversations/discussions all the bloody time and nothing else?

It does seem silly having a channel called Sky Sports 1 on 402, when I can (almost) guarantee you that not one customer has complained that it is a problem to them. A marketing bod, trying to justify their salary/position, has persuaded a boardroom full of people, equally unsure of their position that it would be a "dynamic", "blue sky thinking" way of going about it and yes, as SE9 says, it will keep "the Brand" consistent with sky news. Forgetting that most sports fans don't give a flying one about what channel Sky News is on either...
  • Options

Yes of course it isn't a massive problem in the grand scheme of things, but as others point out are we just supposed to have deep meaningful conversations/discussions all the bloody time and nothing else?

It does seem silly having a channel called Sky Sports 1 on 402, when I can (almost) guarantee you that not one customer has complained that it is a problem to them. A marketing bod, trying to justify their salary/position, has persuaded a boardroom full of people, equally unsure of their position that it would be a "dynamic", "blue sky thinking" way of going about it and yes, as SE9 says, it will keep "the Brand" consistent with sky news. Forgetting that most sports fans don't give a flying one about what channel Sky News is on either...

That's pretty much how I have made a living to be honest!
  • Options

Talal said:

Talal said:

Always gotta be some bellend that comes out with comments like this. I'm very much aware that relatively speaking it is unimportant. As is football as a whole, so I guess we should all just not bother eh?
    Yeah it really came across that way, you've sure got humour cracked.

• Options
    Talal said:

Talal said:

Talal said:

Like I said, I should have put a smiley face at the end so simpletons who don't get irony can understand that I was just joking. Sorry about that, must try harder next time.
  • Options

Ah - so that's why you were "sticking up for it"... ;-)
  • Options

Ah - so that's why you were "sticking up for it"... ;-)
    LOL - to be honest I actually agree with Talal. I'm just in one of those moods! ;o)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Talal said:

Talal said:

Talal said:

Like I said, I should have put a smiley face at the end so simpletons who don't get irony can understand that I was just joking. Sorry about that, must try harder next time.
    I guess that applies to the others that didn't think you were joking and those that hit like on my response then. Apology accepted cheers.
  • Options
    Talal said:

Talal said:

Talal said:

Talal said:

I guess that applies to the others that didn't think you were joking and those that hit like on my response then. Apology accepted cheers.
    Are you gonna buy me a pint later or what?
  • Options

Talal said:

Talal said:

Talal said:

Talal said:

Why? What's the point in it all. I'm going to bed and that's where I'll stay. :p:);)
  • Options
    Talal said:

Talal said:

Talal said:

Talal said:

Talal said:

Why? What's the point in it all. I'm going to bed and that's where I'll stay. :p:);)
    ok, but will you be watching 401 or 402 on Sky? ;o)
  • Options

Yes of course it isn't a massive problem in the grand scheme of things

It bloody well is Algarve. I now have to go home and reprogram my TV remote to automatically go to a different channel when it starts everything up!

That's a good five minutes wasted when I should be perving over Natalie Sawyer!
  • Options

Talal said:

Talal said:

Talal said:

Talal said:

Talal said:

ok, but will you be watching 401 or 402 on Sky? ;o)
    401 - more boobs
  • Options
    cafcpolo said:

Yes of course it isn't a massive problem in the grand scheme of things

It bloody well is Algarve. I now have to go home and reprogram my TV remote to automatically go to a different channel when it starts everything up!

That's a good five minutes wasted when I should be perving over Natalie Sawyer!
    Oh f*** - I didn't think of that... Schoolboy error on my part!
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

How could this numbering have gone so wrong?

This is all the fault of God/The Israelis/Hamas/Thatcher/Prothero/Guardian/Daily Mail/Blair/Powell/Katrien/The atheists * delete as appropriate*

It's all gone wrong since Roland took over. We should all throw our season tickets at him in protest. Oh and demand a meeting with the club. ;-)
  • Options
    i love Natalie Sawyer. Beautiful woman.