Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Sky sports news hq

2»

Comments

• Options

Talal said:

Talal said:

So the channel has gone through a rebranding, that's fine, but who's bright idea was it to move to channel 401, pushing sky sports 1 to 402, sky sports 2 to 403 etc etc. Proper light bulb moment.

What a massive drama! How will you cope?

Thank goodness there aren't more important things happening in the world like genocide or mass outbreaks of a deadly disease in a really poor part of the world........
    Always gotta be some bellend that comes out with comments like this. I'm very much aware that relatively speaking it is unimportant. As is football as a whole, so I guess we should all just not bother eh?
    Bell end LOL. Calm down keyboard warrior, I was only messing about.
    Apologies for the bell end comment.
  • Options
    Talal said:

Talal said:

Talal said:

So the channel has gone through a rebranding, that's fine, but who's bright idea was it to move to channel 401, pushing sky sports 1 to 402, sky sports 2 to 403 etc etc. Proper light bulb moment.

What a massive drama! How will you cope?

Thank goodness there aren't more important things happening in the world like genocide or mass outbreaks of a deadly disease in a really poor part of the world........
    Always gotta be some bellend that comes out with comments like this. I'm very much aware that relatively speaking it is unimportant. As is football as a whole, so I guess we should all just not bother eh?
    Bell end LOL. Calm down keyboard warrior, I was only messing about.
    Apologies for the bell end comment.
    No need to apologise mate, if you read all my other comments on this forum you'll realise that you are actually right and I really am a bell end.
  • Options
    I think it's ridiculous that we have had to 'activate' Sky Sport 5. If you get it as part of your Sky package anyway, why the need to activate?

Unfortunately the property we rent hasn't got a landline so we cannot connect our box to broadband (we use a dongle to connect our PC). We therefore couldn't activate via the red button as it kept saying that we weren't connected to broadband.

I went onto Sky's website and the only options to activate SS5 were by opting to have Sky Broadband free for 2 years, which I can't do.

After discussions with Sky on Facebook they eventually gave me a link to activate SS5 without having Sky Broadband. Hopefully it will have been activated by the time I get home from work. What a waste of time when they could easily just give you access to the channel without all this palaver!

• Options
    Writing on the right hand side is too small, if I was watching it on a screen smaller than 46inches then I wouldn't be able to read it. Don't like the overall presentation or the annoying music that starts a full minute before the ads, and the number thing still really annoys me
  • Options
    So Sky sports play a huge part in ruining football and that's fine. But woe betide they move their channel numbers one place out of sync.
  • Options
    DRAddick said:

So Sky sports play a huge part in ruining football and that's fine. But woe betide they move their channel numbers one place out of sync.

Exactly. Woe betide.
  • Options
    Is anyone else using Virgin and having problems viewing this?
    I dont think i have an HD Box/TV, I can get every other channel up, apart from the new Sky sports news HQ channel.
  • Options

Yes of course it isn't a massive problem in the grand scheme of things, but as others point out are we just supposed to have deep meaningful conversations/discussions all the bloody time and nothing else?

It does seem silly having a channel called Sky Sports 1 on 402, when I can (almost) guarantee you that not one customer has complained that it is a problem to them. A marketing bod, trying to justify their salary/position, has persuaded a boardroom full of people, equally unsure of their position that it would be a "dynamic", "blue sky thinking" way of going about it and yes, as SE9 says, it will keep "the Brand" consistent with sky news. Forgetting that most sports fans don't give a flying one about what channel Sky News is on either...

The department that looks after the EPG is called Product Design and Development (PDD) I believe. They're techy more than marketing. The EPG numbers are usually pretty logical or contractually/ legally determined, the marketing teams generally don't get involved in the numbering of the channels.

I personally think it makes more sense to have SS1 next to SSN. I suspect it suits viewer behaviour a lot more. Once I'm up in that area, I don't type the numbers. I flick between channels using select and enter. I bet most people do. I bet few people generally found themselves typing anything other than 401 and 405 anyway.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I think Sky are going to be unbearable with their coverage this year, it's so over the top already. I might actually start rooting for BT sport to buy everything.
  • Options
    once sky lose the Champions League to BT (is it next year?) they will forget it exists anyway
  • Options

once sky lose the Champions League to BT (is it next year?) they will forget it exists anyway

It'll be all about the dutch league anyway. Who needs Champions League when you can watch RKC Waalwijk vs PEC Zwolle
  • Options

Do you say the same thing about the BBC currently? Would you really expect them to push BT's coverage instead?
  • Options
    JiMMy 85 said:

Do you say the same thing about the BBC currently? Would you really expect them to push BT's coverage instead?
    chill out I'm a fan of sky !!, have had it for years, but they don't really acknowledge sports they have no right to cover
  • Options
    Croydon said:

I think Sky are going to be unbearable with their coverage this year, it's so over the top already. I might actually start rooting for BT sport to buy everything.

Sky don't have Michael Owen ,I'm anti BT Sport on that basis , had the Charity Community Shield on on Sunday and he got to me straight away
  • Options
    Noticed on BBC Sportsday that today is the "Premier League Launch Day"...

WTF is that... Don't they know that the Football Season has actually begun!!
  • Options

JiMMy 85 said:

chill out I'm a fan of sky !!, have had it for years, but they don't really acknowledge sports they have no right to cover
    I'm wearing slippers, shorts, a t-shirt and listening to jazz. If I chilled out anymore I'd be in a coma. I just think there's a few cliches that get thrown at Sports that are lazy, and "they ignore sports they don't have the rights for! The wankers!" is one of the laziest and non-sensical.

So going back to the question - why would you expect them to, and why don't you say the same about the rest? BT, BBC or ITV don't spend much time on any tournaments they're not involved in (FA Cup, League Cup or even Champs League), do they?
  • Options
    they don't have dedicated 24 hour sports news channels do they (feel free to correct me if I'm wrong)

anyway as I said, it's not that I really care - I like sky and have had it for years, just find it amusing how over the top they are about stuff they cover and dismissive of stuff they can't....before the F1 channel they barely mentioned it
  • Options
    JiMMy 85 said:

Yes of course it isn't a massive problem in the grand scheme of things, but as others point out are we just supposed to have deep meaningful conversations/discussions all the bloody time and nothing else?

It does seem silly having a channel called Sky Sports 1 on 402, when I can (almost) guarantee you that not one customer has complained that it is a problem to them. A marketing bod, trying to justify their salary/position, has persuaded a boardroom full of people, equally unsure of their position that it would be a "dynamic", "blue sky thinking" way of going about it and yes, as SE9 says, it will keep "the Brand" consistent with sky news. Forgetting that most sports fans don't give a flying one about what channel Sky News is on either...

The department that looks after the EPG is called Product Design and Development (PDD) I believe. They're techy more than marketing. The EPG numbers are usually pretty logical or contractually/ legally determined, the marketing teams generally don't get involved in the numbering of the channels.

I personally think it makes more sense to have SS1 next to SSN. I suspect it suits viewer behaviour a lot more. Once I'm up in that area, I don't type the numbers. I flick between channels using select and enter. I bet most people do. I bet few people generally found themselves typing anything other than 401 and 405 anyway.
    Ooh - that's me told... :-D

I do take your point, but there are football matches on other channels too, like the new sooper dooper SS5 for example, so we'll still have to flick around when watching something on there.

They could have put SSN on 400 if they wanted couldn't they?

• Sponsored links:

• Options

Croydon said:

Sky don't have Michael Owen ,I'm anti BT Sport on that basis , had the Charity Community Shield on on Sunday and he got to me straight away
    I see your BT's Michael Owen and raise you sky's Niall Quinn.
  • Options

they don't have dedicated 24 hour sports news channels do they (feel free to correct me if I'm wrong)

anyway as I said, it's not that I really care - I like sky and have had it for years, just find it amusing how over the top they are about stuff they cover and dismissive of stuff they can't....before the F1 channel they barely mentioned it

In defense of Sky they can't do much of a news article on a sport if they have no video footage of it. Until they secured F1 they would, probably, not have been able to show clips which would have made it boring to watch.

I'm in the "What idiot thought moving the channels to numbers that do not correspond?" camp. Sure I will, very quickly, adapt but it is a stupid decision - they only needed to move SSN, and, frankly, there was no need for a SS5 either. They show so much rubbish and repeats I'm sure they could have managed to squeeze the SS5 content onto the existing 4 channels.

Any why, really why, change the name of SSN to SSNHQ? Who ever came up with that needs to have his job reviewed. I can understand why they would want to build a new studio as BT sport have a larger one and all that, but renaming it? They are, obviously, desperately in need of attention.

I know that these things are so unimportant in the grand scale of things, but it is still a mistake, and an unnecessary one.
  • Options

JiMMy 85 said:

I do take your point, but there are football matches on other channels too, like the new sooper dooper SS5 for example, so we'll still have to flick around when watching something on there.

That would actually make a hell of a lot more sense!
  • Options

JiMMy 85 said:

So obvious isn't it? 400 makes total sense.
  • Options

There are terrible things happening all over the world, tragic events everyday. Does this mean then that normal life cannot continue? Are we not allowed to have a light hearted grumble about the everyday things that niggle us?
    I was devastated this morning by the Sky rebranding and it has already ruined my day, I may get over it or maybe it will have a permanent affect on the rest of my life; only time will tell.
    Life goes on for the majority of the worlds population regardless of what is happening elsewhere, most people will feel for the sufferers of this cruel world but the same world cannot simply stop and dwell on all the sadness and evil for ever.

effect

bloody students :-)
  • Options
    I assume the moves are to generate discussion, which equals free advertising. They have been successful by the looks of this thread.
    A bit like when the supermarkets move things around, so you have to hunt round the shop to find what you want & in doing so, end up buying more :-)