Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Addicks v's Colchester Match Thread 12/08/14

Evening all and welcome to the first evening match thread of the season. My thanks to @lancashirelad and everyone else for stepping in last Saturday. Now onto tonight firstly here is the team -:
CHARLTON: Henderson, Wilson, Gomez, Morrison, Bikey-Amougou, Moussa, Harriott, Buyens, Fox, Cousins, Tucudean.
Charlton subs: Pope, Berg Gudmundsson, Church, Nego, Pigott, Ben Haim, Vetokele.

think we will win ......2-0 to the addicks..............Oh and its great to be back!!! COYR's

Comments

• Options
    Decent side, wish I could make it :(
  • Options
    Welcome to the new season Red and thanks in advance for all your hard work. 4-1 to the new look Reds!
  • Options
    5-3-2?
  • Options
    Colchester -: Lewington, Clohessy, Okuonghae. Eastman, Gordon, Gilbey, Moncur, Vose, Sears, Massey, Ibehre.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Off to your mancave then
  • Options
    Grrrrr mancave
  • Options
    Great to see Gomez in the lineup
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Happy that a few of the first teamers are getting a rest, specifically Vetokele, Solly and TBH. Hope Cousins doesn't get more than 65, need him fresh for Saturday.

Still a strong team though, hope Tucadean bags a goal or two for his confidence.

Anyone clarify whether it's Morro-Bikey-Gomez-Fox or Morro-Bikey-Gomez and Wilson/Fox as wingbacks?

Could be 4-2-3-1 w/

Morro Bikey Gomez Fox
    --Buyens Cousins
    Wilson Moussa Harriott
    -----Tucadean

• Options
    Be interesting to see where Moussa and Harriott play... Moussa on the left, with Harriott up front or Harriott on the left and Moussa playing off Tucudean.
  • Options
    Surprised we've not given Pope a run out. Apart from that not a bad side.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It'll be 4-4-2. Gomez, Bikey, Morisson, Fox. Twitter has just announced it in a weird order
  • Options
    Jaddick said:

Happy that a few of the first teamers are getting a rest, specifically Vetokele, Solly and TBH. Hope Cousins doesn't get more than 65, need him fresh for Saturday.

Still a strong team though, hope Tucadean bags a goal or two for his confidence.

Anyone clarify whether it's Morro-Bikey-Gomez-Fox or Morro-Bikey-Gomez and Wilson/Fox as wingbacks?

Without being sure, my guess would be

Gomez Morrison Bikey Fox

Wilson and so on

But I'm not sure - I just think Gomez played a little right back in preseason
  • Options
    4-2-3-1:

Henderson
    Gomez, Morrison, Bikey, Fox
    Buyens, Cousins
    Wilson, Moussa, Harriott
    Tucudean

Could also be 4-4-1-1 with Moussa/Harriott left and the other in the hole. Could even be wingbacks in a 3-5-2 but I think that unlikely.
  • Options
    Isn't Gomez a centre back?
  • Options
    Welcome back @RedMidland - thank you for doing the match threads - much appreciated.

COYR
  • Options
    Valley11 said:

Isn't Gomez a centre back?

Yes, been playing right back at times in pre season to ease him into the side.
  • Options
    WSA said:

Welcome back @RedMidland - thank you for doing the match threads - much appreciated.

COYR

Thanks @WSA its a pleasure.
  • Options
    Regardless of the formation it's going to be really interesting to see Buyens and Cousins pairing in the middle.

Hopefully it works alright tonight and gets given a go on Saturday if we're sticking w/ 2 up top.
  • Options
    Would have thought it would make more sense to play a youngster in his correct position but hey ho, let's see how he goes.
    This is effectively an extra pre season game.
  • Options
    mrsrm said:

Off to your mancave then

mrsrm said:

Grrrrr mancave

I thought I heard Mrs Redmidland chip in...... Watch it Wally, the boss is about ;)
    Good evening to you both.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Uh oh Red, sounds like trouble brewing from Mrs Red ;-)
  • Options
    apologies up front for any typos and spelling mistakes with this new side.
  • Options
    Surprised how strong that team is but great news IMO, glad Bob is taking the cup seriously.
  • Options

Uh oh Red, sounds like trouble brewing from Mrs Red ;-)

Yep looks as though I'm gonna get a beating from Mrs RM.....still it can wait until game is over!!! LOL
  • Options
    Evening @TCE, how you doing mate?
  • Options
    Sounds like you may enjoy it!
  • Options
    Pitch is looking immaculate.....someone has posted pics on Twitter and ground looks top notch!!
  • Options
    The warm up
  • Options

Sounds like you may enjoy it!

Oh yes....but I wont tell Mrs RM!!
  • Options
    It's the League Cup early August at the Valley and the rip snorting free scoring Addicks are at home to lower league opposition...

Soapy checks his almanac of past Charlton cup glories and makes a snap decision (well of 20yrs standing) that he is too excited to attend in person. Good luck the lads. Welcome back Red and let the cup run begin!

C'mon you Addicks!
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!