Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Cheap 24 hr vet needed

Anyone i have a out of control dog our dog has lost the plot already bit someone< RSPCA gave a number to some expensive place who just gave advice and they said a vet to come out and sedate him

Comments

• Options
    pdsa.org.uk/ maybe?
  • Options
    I can't help, but if you say where you are, it might help you.
  • Options
    SE2
  • Options
    PDSA Freida Powell centre , Thamesmead
  • Options
    Yes the PDSA have a vets now part i presume they use as a base left a message, concerning thing is if you have not had a call back in 24hrs they say call back FFS
  • Options
    edited August 2014

Yes the PDSA have a vets now part i presume they use as a base left a message, concerning thing is if you have not had a call back in 24hrs they say call back FFS

It's a charity mate - give 'em a break - they provide a service on a shoestring. It's not the AA!

• Options
    FFS no one wants to help
  • Options
    Phoned Goddards wont come out wont even see him as his not under them

• Options
    cafcfan said:

It's a charity mate - give 'em a break - they provide a service on a shoestring. It's not the AA!

Sorry slighly frustrated as no vets seem to want to know or help

• Options
    Also Pets now are based at PDSA and you have to pay so not free they charge, i think they use it as a base
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Never thought I would see the words Vet and cheap in the same sentence.
  • Options
    How is the person the dog bit?
  • Options
    Huskaris said:

How is the person the dog bit?

OK had tetnus small cut but deep the Dr said

Just worried it could be a kid next my Niece or nephew or anyone

• Options

Never thought I would see the words Vet and cheap in the same sentence.

LOL Now i dont care how much it is no one wanst to help

All local ones use Vetsnow???

• Options
    I'm presuming you're trying to arrange for him to be destroyed? Could you isolate him in a room and wait until the morning?
  • Options
    Vets Now charge £130 to walk through the door.
  • Options

I'm presuming you're trying to arrange for him to be destroyed? Could you isolate him in a room and wait until the morning?

In his cage now but still not chilling out yes maybe last thing i want to do but, may have to be in the morning

• Options

In his cage now but still not chilling out yes maybe last thing i want to do but, may have to be in the morning

Not nice, whatever the outcome. Hope he calms down soon.
  • Options
    cafcfan said:

Its a charity if your on the dole.

Ive always had to pay

Just take him and see what they say

• Options
    Really sorry to hear this left behind good luck keep it in the cage until.you find a solution
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Must be a nightmare for you LB. Let's hope he calms down and someone can help you out.

Have you tried Battersea Dogs Home - I'm sure they would give you some good advice/help?

020 7622 3626
  • Options
    Sorry just seen this, your dog has bitten someone?
    Just an unprovoked bite on this person?
    You want to rehome him? If so what is the breed or crossbreed
    I'm not sure why you would want a vet unless as stated above?
    Are the police involved?
    Hopefully I can help, but I'd need to know more
  • Options
    Wow what a night with no help from anyone.

I have spoken to a vet today and we are seeing them and a behavourist as well, early hours of the morning he snapped out of it and was the cute bundle of joy that we love.

So now we work to learn more and get him out of this.
    Unprovoked yes daughters b/f dropped his Oyster card bent down to get it and wham.

He is a cross breed a Cavachon
  • Options
    I don't suppose, it could be something so simple, like the dog had been stung ? (I doubt it).
  • Options
    Not claiming to be an expert or anything, but if this incident is totally out of character, it could be down to something wrong with the dog. He might just showing his frustration (as they can't talk to you).

A dog I owned years ago all of a sudden went from the most lovable pet into a monster almost overnight (I still have the scar to prove it). Turned out he had a severe ear infection that was causing him alot of pain. After treatment he returned to being the lovable dog he was before. So I'd suggest getting him seen to before taking any drastic measures.

Hopefully you get to the bottom of this............
  • Options
    A cavachon? I look after one of those occasionally and its as silly as arseholes.
    The yorkshire terrier however.... thats a nightly occurrence.
  • Options
    Sorry about your problem but you must keep him the The Den.
  • Options

Wow what a night with no help from anyone.

I have spoken to a vet today and we are seeing them and a behavourist as well, early hours of the morning he snapped out of it and was the cute bundle of joy that we love.

So now we work to learn more and get him out of this.
    Unprovoked yes daughters b/f dropped his Oyster card bent down to get it and wham.

He is a cross breed a Cavachon

I'm not familiar with the breeds/size of the dog, when the card was dropped where was the dog in relation to the boyfriend was he sitting/standing with your daughter? I assume the b/f was just visiting the house?

• Options
    Charlie is a cavashon. Cavalier King Charles and a Bishon I believe.