Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton vs Wigan (BATTLE OF THE ATHLETICS) | Sat 16th Aug 2014 | Match Preview and Predictions

Comments

• Options
    1 - 2
  • Options
    Tough one. Going for a 2-1 win, JBG both goals. A loss wouldn't ruin my optimism though, think they're a good shout for promotion.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    A draw and complaints that we would have won on the old pitch.
  • Options
    1-1 igor for us
  • Options
    having just scanned the Wigan forums I'm a bit more optimistic, they don't like the idea of Andy D'Urso as ref, their performance at Reading was poor and they think that Rossler is a bit deluded as regard to their current form.

Henderson
    Solly, Bikey, BH, Wiggins/Fox*
    Gudmundsson, Buyens, Cousins, Moussa
    Vetokele, Tucudean

* depends on Wiggins fitness

2-0
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    A bit too much optimism on this thread for me. A draw against Brentford and a League cup win against lower league opposition and now we're going to steam probable promo challengers. 1-0 to us maybe, courtesy of a goalmouth bundle from Tucudean OR a superquick thunderbolt from the edge of the box from Gudmundsson, and several world class saves from Henderson. Otherwise 1-3 and some recognition that it's a long old season, and the team will improve over time.
  • Options
    Blackheath addick is bringing his father-in-law along, so we have absolutely no chance of winning this. He's brought him along to about 10 games now and has yet to see a charlton victory. Let's all hope his bloody car breaks down on the way.

Wigan to win 1-2 ..........
  • Options
    Scrappy 2-1 to us with them hitting the bar in the last 10 minutes...

A win here and some more good performances and I might start getting proper excited...

• Options

A bit too much optimism on this thread for me. A draw against Brentford and a League cup win against lower league opposition and now we're going to steam probable promo challengers. 1-0 to us maybe, courtesy of a goalmouth bundle from Tucudean OR a superquick thunderbolt from the edge of the box from Gudmundsson, and several world class saves from Henderson. Otherwise 1-3 and some recognition that it's a long old season, and the team will improve over time.

Spot on. Still not strong enough in midfield for the better teams in this division.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited August 2014
    Having to miss this one and Derby, as I am taking my grandkids down to Weymouth for a week - pray for some sunshine for us folks!

I think we are going to win this, 2-1. Derby will be a more difficult proposition.
  • Options
    Head says draw, heart says home win. 3-2.
  • Options
    What a difference a week makes.

This time last week I was not feeling it at all. After 20 mins at Brentford I almost got my Kindle out as I sat there thinking of all the more pressing things I had to do at home. Having predicted 1-3 I was mildly satisfied with 1-1 despite the late equaliser.
    One week on and after a 4-0 mid week romp against a 10 man L1 side I feel I little more confident. However this week I have succumbed to the more pressing tasks and will not be in attendance, for hopefully the only time this season.
    Another 1-1, may be a 2-1 either way, not sure how good/average we are yet.

• Options
    I've just got a free ticket for the match NW Quad Block C Row Z Seat 48

Anyone interested in it?
  • Options
    RobRob
    edited August 2014
    These early season games are so difficult to predict. We have almost a totally new team who are bedding in. Who knows about Wigan in reality. A lot can happen in the off season. Who would have predicted that Brighton would lose at home to the wendies. So, this is a prediction based mainly from the heart with a smattering of head after what I have seen from us so far. A clean sheet and we win 2-0. Igor with both.
  • Options
    2-1 home win.
  • Options
    I think we can beat them, as we are very new in team terms, we have a surprise element! Shhhhhh

2-0 Igor brace
  • Options
    Henderson
    Solly Morrison Bikey Wiggins
    Wilson Buyens Cousins Harriott
    Gudmundsson
    Vetokele

Subs: Pope, Gomez, Ben Haim, Fox, Jackson, Moussa, Tucudean.

I'm with this consensus but I don't reckon Jacko will be dropped. At least we have got some choice this season.
  • Options
    A big challenge for the first home league game of the season, but conversely a good chance to see how this team does against a top end Championship side. Could be any result simply because neither team will have totally settled down and really got into rhythm yet, but good support and a swell of enthusiasm after a good cup performance and I reckon we can take this one, 1-0 or 2-1. D'Urso WILL be shit - he always is.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Rassunfrassundoublecommentstupidforumgrumble
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If we were a defensive team we would put Wilson right midfield, as I believe BP likes to attack I think he will keep Gudmundsson there.

Henderson
    Solly/Bikey/Ben Haim/Wiggins
    Gudmundsson/Buyens/Jackson/Moussa
    Vetokele/Tucudean

Subs: Pope/Morrison/Gomez/Cousins/Harriott/Wilson/Church

Not the team I would like but hey what do I know
  • Options
    1-0 Tucudean
  • Options
    Last week I would have liked some substitutions before they equalised. Might have made no difference but it may have? Might be a similar story this week as I think we will score first. But Wigan will come back strong and I cam see them nicking it late on 2-1.
  • Options
    Missing the next 2 games due to holiday so does anyone know of any live streams of the game I can watch whilst in Spain !
  • Options
    E-cafc said:

Have a nasty feeling that D`Urso is going to walk around bouncing the ball for a while and then call the game off at 14.45 precisely for health and safety because he said there is some strange green stuff in the Jimmy Seed end goalmouth!

No it will be danger of friction burns to the assistant referee should they fall over on the artificial stuff - D'Urso likes to look after his assistant referees in case their selective blindness should suddenly disappear.
  • Options
    So annoyed I am at freaking work! If any customer tries to talk to me between 3 and 5pm I think I might hit them! Going to have the updates on my computer. Feeling very optimistic about this one, 2-0 to us, buyens and gudmundson, come on you reds!!!
  • Options
    2-1, Vetokele and JBG
  • Options
    -----------Henderson
    ----Solly Morrison Bikey Wiggins
    Wilson Buyens Cousins Gudmundsson
    ------------Moussa
    ------------Vetokele
  • Options
    CAFCsayer said:

-----------Henderson
    ----Solly Morrison Bikey Wiggins
    Wilson Buyens Cousins Gudmundsson
    ------------Moussa
    ------------Vetokele

This
  • Options
    Come on bob dont bottle it! Start wilson?