Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Heating on already?

2»

Comments

• Options
    Chizz said:

When do people normally put their heating on? It was nippy last night, but I cannot justify putting it on in September.

Still in Rotherham ?
  • Options
    Chizz said:

When do people normally put their heating on? It was nippy last night, but I cannot justify putting it on in September.

Needs to be some time in October for me (if you put it on too early, I dont think you feel the benefit as much as it gets colder).

Ideally, some time around mid march.

Looking ahead between now and the end of the month it is 17 or 18 degrees at least all the way going by current forecasts. Far too warm for heating. Needs to drop down to a daytime high of 14 or 15 to put heating on I reckon.
  • Options
    Surly the stat on the wall dictates when the heating comes on not the month.
  • Options
    have had underfloor heating installed throughout the summer, interested to see how well it heats the house when it is cold
  • Options
    Ours is a proper cold house - Old, poor insulation in loft, rubbish windows that need replacing and upstairs needs carpeting / recarpeting. Hang a towel over the rail at the top of the stairs and it breezes around like its in the garden.

However, there is no way our heating is going on any time soon. Its what jumpers are for.
  • Options

have had underfloor heating installed throughout the summer, interested to see how well it heats the house when it is cold

At christmas make sure you dont have any chocolates wrapped up and left on the floor.
    Can get bit messy !!!
  • Options
    Still Summer in my flat. 26 degrees... It's actually far too hot still, having to leave balcony doors open in the night still...

Also, a real wise investment would be a heated blanket, they cost pennies to run and are far far far more efficient than a central heating system.

They only work when you are in bed though...
  • Options
    went on about 10 minutes ago, first time sice spring / summer - not happy
  • Options
    Me and my missus will start bickering about it around 10th October. I'll probably eventually give in so it will go on 15th Oct.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Me and my missus will start bickering about it around 10th October. I'll probably eventually give in so it will go on 15th Oct.

More like the 11th :-)
  • Options
    On for an hour tonight. Was on for an hour last night. Not impressed.

Might have to stick it on for an hour in the morning as well if things continue the way they are going!
  • Options
    If you can afford it and you are cold, why suffer? If you can't afford it - suffer
  • Options
    edited September 2014

Ours is a proper cold house - Old, poor insulation in loft, rubbish windows that need replacing and upstairs needs carpeting / recarpeting. Hang a towel over the rail at the top of the stairs and it breezes around like its in the garden.

However, there is no way our heating is going on any time soon. Its what jumpers are for.

Isn't it what kids are for as well, AFKA ?

Get 'em on your lap, drape 'em all over you and you're as snug as a bug .

Mind you, gets a bit weird when they 're around 15 or 16.....

• Options

Isn't it what kids are for as well, AFKA ?

Get 'em on your lap, drape 'em all over you and you're as snug as a bug .

Mind you, gets a bit weird when they 're around 15 or 16.....

why has a certain David Walliams sketch just popped into my mind ..

• Options

More like the 11th :-)
    You're more than likely right.

• Options

On for an hour tonight. Was on for an hour last night. Not impressed.

Might have to stick it on for an hour in the morning as well if things continue the way they are going!

It's not cold yet though. Stick a jumper on if you get a bit chilly. Bet you're sat there in your string vest and baggy y-fronts aintcha...
  • Options

Snap.

Are there actually physiological differences that make it a men v women issue as it's certainly the same in my place and also in my office? Strangely it always seems to end up with me losing the argument discussion :-(
  • Options
    edited September 2014

Snap.

Are there actually physiological differences that make it a men v women issue as it's certainly the same in my place and also in my office? Strangely it always seems to end up with me losing the argument discussion :-(
    Apparently women feel the cold more

If you can get through the typical female moaning journalist trite there's some decent points.

http://www.express.co.uk/life-style/health/159980/Why-women-really-do-feel-the-cold-more-than-men