Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Going back to The Valley

Comments

• Options
    edited August 2014
    Gumbo said:

Real fans went Tuesday mate

The real fans followed the club to shelhurst and upton park and every other piss hole up north year after year.

And of course the old den now that was a proper shit hole.

• Options
    Can't get to the ground today but will be there on Tuesday. Can't wait! Very jealous of everyone going up today...

COYR!!
  • Options

Last game before leaving my beloved flat in Lansdowne Lane overlooking the ground .... bought in Nov 1991 as partly a home and partly an act of faith. The flat is now empty but my heart is full.

So a bit of a double special day today. Tuesday's dress rehearsal wasn't half bad. UTA !!
  • Options
    I genuinely can't imagine not being able to make it to every Charlton game. At this stage in my life, it seems like some sort of cruel torture. Best and worst 90 minutes of my week, but I always look forward to it like a kid at Christmas.
  • Options
    Now in The Royal Oak. Happy times.
  • Options

Can't wait. Moved to a different seat in a different stand. Closer to the away support. Looking forward to the banter.

Welcome back MSE7
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Just leaving in a minute mate, A Block here I come. Doubt whether I'll bump into the legend that is MSE7 though because he's seems such a shy and retiring sort of person :-0 COYRs
  • Options
    Now in Bartrams. The posters on the wall around West Stand are great.
  • Options
    Be sure to keep us posted buddy!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Hope I make in time to the game, up at 6 this morning, traveling back from Nottingham, at the moment , kids made me cut our holiday short just so we can watch this Match, got to see Vetekeles hat trick.
  • Options

Hope I make in time to the game, up at 6 this morning, traveling back from Nottingham, at the moment , kids made me cut our holiday short just so we can watch this Match, got to see Vetekeles hat trick.

Is that code for "I had enough of the kids on holiday and wanted to get to this match, so cut the holiday short"?
  • Options
    On the sofa waiting for PeteF. Cuppa poured. The sun just coming up. Trying not to wake up the neighbors when we score. My ritual every Saturday through the season from California.

Don't feel too sorry for me though. Manage to get to 3 or 4 games a year. Life's good. :-)
  • Options
    Rob said:

On the sofa waiting for PeteF.

Don't think he'll be joining you mate! He's probably at The Valley! :-)
  • Options
    The only time I wish I still lived in London is 3pm on a Saturday
  • Options
    I am sitting in a bar in Bkk just watched the manure game, but I would give anything to be at the valley today
  • Options
    Now in my seat. East stand Block A Row BB. Thats it.
  • Options
    edited August 2014

Now in my seat. East stand Block A Row BB. Thats it.

Decent view I hope; I'm enroute to my seat in Row X
  • Options
    Got to block A fine, now looking for some empty expensive seats for a free upgrade
  • Options
    Only drawback is I can't see the screen.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    She looks beautiful... Thanks Roland, not a foot wrong so far this seasom
  • Options
    Agree its good to be back at the Valley. We now have mirrors in the ladies loos in the north upper. Could do with hot water now.
  • Options

@Viewfinder you make Deptford sound like 1980's Romania.

I haven't been to Romania, Sheff, and you may well be right. Two of several things that Deptford has over Lagos, for instance, or Kingston (Jamaica), are Thomas Archer's gloriously baroque St Paul's Church (1776), and a very quick exit to Greenwich.

• Options

Last game before leaving my beloved flat in Lansdowne Lane overlooking the ground .... bought in Nov 1991 as partly a home and partly an act of faith. The flat is now empty but my heart is full.

So a bit of a double special day today. Tuesday's dress rehearsal wasn't half bad. UTA !!

Sorry to hear you are leaving the flat HGF.
    Hope you are okay, You will have to come down to the Trust stall some time, to say hello mate.
  • Options
    This will be my 52nd season following the Addicks and I still get that same feeling of excitement and anticipation walking down Floyd Road before the first game of the season.
  • Options
    yes we miss the Valley, we do go to about ten away games that are in the north and try to get to the Valley twice a year, we'll be down for the Watford game but it's not the same as the first game when everything is new, hopes are high
  • Options
    Red7oaks needs to read this as he is moving away and won't be able to make many home games! The north upper will miss his shit attempts at singing!!!
  • Options
    Indeed, I always pop into The Valley when I am back in the UK, even when there is not a game on!

There's just such a special feeling every time you turn into Floyd Road and see the stadium for the first time, having been through the 1980s with that diminutive Covered End I can never quite get used to that huge spaceship like North Stand, its almost surreal.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Looking forward to my visit of the season on Tuesday. I know they annoy us, piss us off, frustrate us in equal measures, but I could never stop going. It's honestly the most I miss anything living overseas.