Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Match Thread etiquette.

Ok I'm sure the usual suspects will make their usual unfunny comments about this but can we please come to an agreement about Premiership scores on the match thread.

It's not fair on Red Midland and others to have the thread taken over with bickering and people looking for bites from those of us who would rather not know the scores before catching up with MOTD. I am aware that I've bitten in the past but have made an effort to ignore the issue when people have done it more recently, as much out of respect for those that put the effort in to keeping those of us not at the game up to date.

I do understand that not everyone gets 'it' and that some of you think it's a bit weird or whatnot but some of us get a huge amount of enjoyment out of both the match thread and also not knowing the result of a match before watching it. There is usually another thread running to discuss that days other scores/events so it can work out for everyone if we try to play nice.

If AFKA or Lookie decide they want to have Premiership scores/sendings off/missed pens, etc, etc in the match threads that's fair enough and those of us not wanting to know about them can avoid it or otherwise of course.

*puts tin hat on for another year*

:-)

Comments

• Options
    Why not just have a separate thread for Premiership / Football League scores and keep the Match Thread to what it is supposed to be... the match between Charlton and Wigan?
  • Options
    I always take my shoes off
  • Options
    And a seperate threas for. updates on when any player who has ever been linked to Charlton scores too. I love those updates, they make my matchday experience complete.
  • Options

And a seperate threas for. updates on when any player who has ever been linked to Charlton scores too. I love those updates, they make my matchday experience complete.

Definitely need a separate thread for that. Couldn't really give a flying **** if *insert player from years ago* scores in the 92nd minute or farts in the refs direction. Some people really need to project their lives forward.
  • Options
    Have to agree..Prem scores in a seperate thread simply means match of the day isn't ruined for those that want to watch it without any knowledge of what's gone on...

• Options

Definitely need a separate thread for that. Couldn't really give a flying **** if *insert player from years ago* scores in the 92nd minute or farts in the refs direction. Some people really need to project their lives forward.
    Even if it's poyet?

think other champ scores are useful in the match thread but prem scores are like a broken pencil...
  • Options
    mascot88 said:

Have to agree..Prem scores in a seperate thread simply means match of the day isn't ruined for those that want to watch it without any knowledge of what's gone on...

I think a 'Let's all laugh at rivals misfortune' thread each Saturday afternoon would be most welcome though!
  • Options
    Man U are losing already?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    CH4RLTON said:

Problem is you are always going to get some poor unsuspecting newby who jumps in the thread, thinks wow Man U are loosing, that's worth a mention. I don't think it's a problem you will ever get rid of. If you are one those people who wants to watch match of the day without knowing the scores, find a room with no internet or tv and lock your self in there until 10:30. Personally I think its selfish to tell people what they can or cant say just so you can watch match the day without knowing the scores. Just my opinion

Surely it could be said it is selfish/inconsiderate to state the scores in the match thread when so many people have voiced that they would prefer people not to? I'll be keeping abreast of all the scores and still watching MOTD, but can understand people not wanting to know beforehand
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    If you don't want to know today's scores then turn away now
  • Options
    why not just put "no prem scores" in the thread title so everyone sees it before opening? that way everyone at least knows.
  • Options
    ...And then a separate prem scores thread can be started if anyone wants to?
  • Options
    It's pretty funny we can't reach an agreement really ... I bet there is an identical conversation on every match thread in the country...

My view is anyone can do whatever they like, of course, however it's important they know that there's lots of people who's enjoyment of MOTD will be done in by knowing the scores.
  • Options

Kasey Palmer has just scored for Chelsea U18s

• Options
    Macronate said:
    Was that MSE7 on his last holiday?
  • Options

Kasey Palmer has just scored for Chelsea U18s

You bastard
  • Options
    It wouldn't be a new season without a plea from BA about prem scores :-)!!

Agree with the sentiments!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Just seen this thread, I have to agree with BA and those who don't want to know the Prem scores, however Champ scores are always most welcome on the match thread. If we can leave Prem scores off I would appreciate it. Cheers
  • Options

It wouldn't be a new season without a plea from BA about prem scores :-)!!

Agree with the sentiments!

It's as traditional as a pre-season friendly at Welling :-)
  • Options
    I've been led to believe that the far prettier Mrs Redmidland is doing the match thread after her old man failed a late fitness test, when is say late it was around 7.30/8.00 last night image
  • Options
    Why would anyone want to pollute the Match thread with scores from the prem anyway?
  • Options
    @TCE sod off!!! LOL I can assure evryone the match thread is being completed by yours truly after Mrs RM got invited to a 'picnic' by her family!!
  • Options
    Personally, I'd prefer it if the thread was locked to those who are updating and read only for everybody else, as I find it gets all a bit too messy at times. 30 odd posts of GOAL!!! leaves me wondering if we've scored one or are breaking records and racking up a cricket score................
  • Options

Personally, I'd prefer it if the thread was locked to those who are updating and read only for everybody else, as I find it gets all a bit too messy at times. 30 odd posts of GOAL!!! leaves me wondering if we've scored one or are breaking records and racking up a cricket score................

I second that idea, doesn't actually need any 'comments' other than the match.
  • Options

Agree too. i tend not to post on the match thread anymore, because i know it will just get 'lost' amongst all the other chit-chat.
  • Options
    RedMist said:

Even if it's poyet?

think other champ scores are useful in the match thread but prem scores are like a broken pencil...

Especially ****ing Poyet!!!
  • Options
    I've not watched match of the day since we got our two minutes at the end of every Saturday when we was in the prem.
    Couldn't care less ( unless I've had a bet) on what goes on in the cash cow.