Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Match Thread etiquette.

2»

Comments

• Options

Personally, I'd prefer it if the thread was locked to those who are updating and read only for everybody else, as I find it gets all a bit too messy at times. 30 odd posts of GOAL!!! leaves me wondering if we've scored one or are breaking records and racking up a cricket score................

The ideal solution is a variant on this

2 match threads running, one locked so only RM and whoever else is updating can post, the other is open to all as usual. When RM and sidekicks make a post in one they also copy it into the other. Everyone then gets to choose whether to read just updates or to read the thread with chat and other scores

• Options
    rina said:

Personally, I'd prefer it if the thread was locked to those who are updating and read only for everybody else, as I find it gets all a bit too messy at times. 30 odd posts of GOAL!!! leaves me wondering if we've scored one or are breaking records and racking up a cricket score................

The ideal solution is a variant on this

2 match threads running, one locked so only RM and whoever else is updating can post, the other is open to all as usual. When RM and sidekicks make a post in one they also copy it into the other. Everyone then gets to choose whether to read just updates or to read the thread with chat and other scores

you must be joking commentate on one thread and copy to another, yes you are joking aren't you?

the ettiquette has always been not to mention Prem scores but to mention if any ex Charlton player does anything notable, and that is how it should stay. If someone is on the matchday thread then they also have access to many web sites that give the scores as they happen.