Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bob Peters Composure and Apparent Carson Issue - We Should Be a Family Friendly Club

DMCDMC
edited August 2014 in General Charlton
Yes I know that there is a thread for each but I think there is a bigger issue here that should be taken seriously.

I understand that BP was getting excited in the moment and was showing passion, but Chris Powell (and Jose Riga to an extent as well) showed a huge amount of passion without charging provocatively towards the opposition manager. In what should be a family friendly club the manager has a responsibility because he is who the younger folk look up to. It gets worse when he refuses to apologize for his part in the spat, I dont care what the Wigan manager said BP should be acting the "bigger man". I know we don't have "the gentleman of football" managing us anymore but I don't want a manager who gets himself into petty disputes so hopefully this will be the first and last.

As for the second incident, obviously it goes without saying that it was an appalling one and I hope Carson doesn't take a disliking to Charlton fans because of it. If it was a one off incident then I wouldn't be too bothered but there have been more incidents over the last year than normal for us and I think we as a club need to take more responsibility over our own actions. Moments like this can take the gloss off wonderful performances.

Im interested to know what you think.

Comments

• Options

Why didn't anyone around the spitting man say something? We should police each other.

My thoughts exactly
  • Options

DMC said:

Yes I know that there is a thread for each but I think there is a bigger issue here that should be taken seriously.

I understand that BP was getting excited in the moment and was showing passion, but Chris Powell (and Jose Riga to an extent as well) showed a huge amount of passion without charging provocatively towards the opposition manager. In what should be a family friendly club the manager has a responsibility because he is who the younger folk look up to. It gets worse when he refuses to apologize for his part in the spat, I dont care what the Wigan manager said BP should be acting the "bigger man". I know we don't have "the gentleman of football" managing us anymore but I don't want a manager who gets himself into petty disputes so hopefully this will be the first and last.

As for the second incident, obviously it goes without saying that it was an appalling one and I hope Carson doesn't take a disliking to charlton fans because of it. If it was a one of incident then I wouldn't be too bothered but there have been more incidents over the last year than normal for Charlton and I think we as a club need to take more responsibility over our own actions.

Agree with the second part, but cant agree with first
    Agree with you there Paulie.
  • Options

DMC said:

As for the second incident, obviously it goes without saying that it was an appalling one and I hope Carson doesn't take a disliking to charlton fans because of it. If it was a one of incident then I wouldn't be too bothered but there have been more incidents over the last year than normal for Charlton and I think we as a club need to take more responsibility over our own actions.

Agree with the second part, but cant agree with first
    Agree with you there Paulie.
    Why?
  • Options
    I don't care what anyone says, it would've literally been impossible for him to control himself in that situation. I am personally glad we finally have a manager who shows so much passion. Too many times in recent years we have just rolled over when it comes to local derbies and big games, and I think with Bob that will begin to change.
  • Options

I don't care what anyone says, it would've literally been impossible for him to control himself in that situation. I am personally glad we finally have a manager who shows so much passion. Too many times in recent years we have just rolled over when it comes to local derbies and big games, and I think with Bob that will begin to change.

It was a great moment but why did he run towards the away end??
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Nothing wrong with a bit of fire in your belly. Good on ya Bob.
  • Options
    Considering Carson applauded the charlton fans as soon as the final whistle went, I doubt he took particular offence to the whole club, just a small minority.

"Charging provocatively" is such an over statement of what peters did. From what I saw he ran on the pitch and in direction of away dugout with hands aloft in celebration mood.
    Don't see how that is in conjunction with "charging provocatively"
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Spitting disgraceful and hopefully will be dealt with accordingly by the club. Come on, the Peeters thing was a bit of passion as alluded to and admitted by the man himself.

Why have some of our support got to be so wet?
  • Options
    Cos like the rest of us he was buzzing off his face and lost his head for a few seconds. It happens
  • Options
    DMC said:

Honestly don't think Bob had any intention of antagonising Rosler or the Wigan bench.
  • Options
    DMC said:

He said afterwards he just started running and did not know what way to go
  • Options

DMC said:

Honestly don't think Bob had any intention of antagonising Rosler or the Wigan bench.
    No certainly not but he should have run towards his own fans. I just don't see why he didn't apologize for that after.
  • Options
    Will be absolutely fantastic to see a team go out v Millwall and not roll over to have its tummy tickled like we usually do. I get the feeling that we have the players that might actually turn up and compete.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    You must be on the wind up dmc
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    DMC said:

He regrets it now and has so much as said he will learn from it and not do it again. I'm sure it wasn't premeditated. It was his first home league win against a playoff team from last season and one of the favourites to go up this season he just took off without thinking of the consequences. No big deal we need to move on.

Second point, despicable act that we don't need at our club find the culprit and punish accordingly.
  • Options
    The managers situation is just handbags and a bit embarassing from both to be honest, you can be passionate without being a bellend.

As for the Carson incident, words cant describe how moronic that person clearly is, hopefully he is having a word with himself as we speak, and a ban will be swift, and it will be righteous. *Fist bangs table*
  • Options
    DMC said:

DMC said:

No certainly not but he should have run towards his own fans. I just don't see why he didn't apologize for that after.
    I think he was mainly saying he wasnt going to apologise for getting angry with Rosler at full time. Can see what you're saying, I'm sure he regrets running in that direction but I reckon questions at the press conference were more aimed at the FT incident.
  • Options
    DMC said:

DMC said:

He did:

“In that moment, I need to be smarter and just step away. I lost my composure a bit.

I apologise before my players that I lost my composure. I need to be strong in every moment, but I’m not going to apologise to him because he said things to me. Never ever.”
  • Options
    Rest assured the Millwall games and the cup games will be much more exciting this year
  • Options
    WSS said:

DMC said:

DMC said:

He did:

“In that moment, I need to be smarter and just step away. I lost my composure a bit.

I apologise before my players that I lost my composure. I need to be strong in every moment, but I’m not going to apologise to him because he said things to me. Never ever.”
    Ok thank you I didnt see that. However my point still stands that if he had apologised he would have put the wigan bloke to shame and shown his integrity.
  • Options
    edited August 2014

Will be absolutely fantastic to see a team go out v Millwall and not roll over to have its tummy tickled like we usually do. I get the feeling that we have the players that might actually turn up and compete.

You'd hope so but I've learnt never to expect anything from Charlton against Millwall.