Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

3 games in...

So we have played 3 games. Have your views changed in anyway on.

1. Bob
2. Where we will finish
3. RD and the club in general

Comments

• Options
    Pleasantly surprised
  • Options
    Like what I see so far. The players available help, but it does look like we are starting games with a real desire to get three points rather than try not come away with nothing.

I'd be disappointed if we weren't top half. It is too early to seriously say it but I'm hopeful of a good season with a hope of play offs.

I was very skeptical of RD and will eat humble pie. They look like they are doing right by us in general. Pitch, stands, players are all improved.
  • Options
    It's a good start, but that is all it is a start. New players have done well, apart from Henderson. But we are still lacking a physical presence alongside Vetekele, hopefully it can be Delorts. We also need another goal scoring threat in midfield, hopefully Traore.
    But I like the way Lord Peeters is trying to get us playing football from the back.
  • Options
    Early days but if we play well and win on Tuesday night again, then i will start to believe my prediction of midtable may have been too pessimistic.
  • Options
    Feels are looking promising. I don't think we'll be in a relegation battle this season!
  • Options
    I'm a happy bunny. Good feel about it all. I'm sure there will be heartaches along the way but compared to this time last year this is happy days!
  • Options
    Very, very early days but we have made the almost perfect start and it looks like some extremely astute purchases have been made.

Sad to say it but why would you pay massive money for English L1/L2 players (or other English Championship players or ex-Premiership players) when you can get such good value from Europe?

How much would an English version of Gudmunsson cost?
  • Options

Guess that would be someone like McManaman (I know he's Irish) who'd probably cost at least £5m
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I have €100 at 50-1 on The Addicks to win the Champ and I'm all the more sure of a bloody good holiday next year with my winnings.
  • Options

Guess that would be someone like McManaman (I know he's Irish) who'd probably cost at least £5m
    Fair call, you're probably in the right ball-park there.

• Options
    Very good start but I hope RD let's Bob get a few more signings in.
  • Options

Great question. I think the important thing to ask yourself when answering is whether your reply would have been different had that late winner not gone in yesterday and we were now on two draws.

Or if Harriott had scored vs Brentford instead of hitting the bar... Luck has a big role to play in this game.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Looking good atm. The Valley is so much better with the improvements. We've had investment in the team and not finished buying yet! Big Bob is great, already has a connection with the fans. I was sceptical when Roland came in especially letting Riga leave but hey what do I know! All looking good. Fancy a top half finish, possibly play offs!
  • Options
    1. He is saying the right things. Football being played well too. Impressed
    2. Top 8
    3. I have been very impressed by the changes around the club. New sponsorship deals, maximising on shirt revenue sponsorship(and shorts), new caterers, the stadium done up a bit, a few nice touches for the fans like the wall of memories and an exciting looking team on the pitch which has me hoping for a playoff challenge. I don't think it can be underestimated the good business and effort that has gone in over the summer. Very very impressed.
  • Options
    Early signs are we will be a tough side to beat again but we also have some quality in the final third to win games. We still need another striker and CM but I feel we are in for an exciting season.
  • Options
    We are a work in progress and it is still too early to judge in my view.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited August 2014
    1 No - I took to Bob straight away
    2 Yes - I thought we would start slowly and finish strongly as the new boys settled in but they are already showing good signs of gelling
    3 Nothing to complain about on the pitch and plenty of positives off the pitch so his stock has certainly risen with me. We still need to strengthen up front and in midfield but it does sound like we're trying to do that.
  • Options
    Doing as well as I hoped, yet better than I expected................
  • Options
    WSS said:

Great question. I think the important thing to ask yourself when answering is whether your reply would have been different had that late winner not gone in yesterday and we were now on two draws.

Or if Harriott had scored vs Brentford instead of hitting the bar... Luck has a big role to play in this game.
    I thought it was completely scientific based on players valuations on http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/?
    Glad you were reading that thread but obviously not the detail! The correlation was 0.749 not 1. There's only so much money you can throw at the squad as you need good management and luck with injuries and referees. Having said that, transfermarkt told us (if you were prepared to listen) that these new signings with an average value of €1m are a different class from the squad of the last three years.
    In answer to the original questions:
    1) more confident about Bob now I've seen two league games - he's very clear about the squad and substitutions.
    2) thought we would finish somewhere in the middle and too early to revise that upwards until we've played 8-10 games - let's see where we are in September.
    3) Always comfortable with RD ever since Riga delivered some wins...and especially after transfermarkt revealed the assumed value of our new signings - this is what having 3 x €2m players in your front six looks like. Let's see whether he signs a €2m striker in the next few weeks.
  • Options
    1) yes. Wasn't expecting to warm to him but he's made a great impression so far. Like his attitude and passion and from what I've read on here, has time for the fans too.
    2) I'm gonna confidently say top ten.
    3) G18/oak group or whatever you're called, where are you now!
  • Options
    No.
  • Options

And that's why we love the game - the 'what ifs', the 'if onlys' on one hand we could have 6 points, on the other we could have 2 - points aside though, we are playing with what looks to me like a great deal of self belief. Yes, there will be bigger tests to come...losing two on the bounce will be Bob's real test, esp as we are not blessed with the most patient of fan-bases.

But to the questions
    1. I like Bob, he's said all the right things (imo) and I think there is a bit of an underdog mentality as well
    2. To early to tell re the finish, i'd have settled with avoiding a relegation scrap - and if we do, then that's progress for me.
    3. I have no issues with RD and what he's done at the Valley, money is being spent where it's needed, and the football (and the manager should do the talking) - i'm very pleased he's happy to stay out of the spotlight. I have issues with owning a network of clubs, but that's for another thread i'm sure.

This is a good one to revisit after 10 games.
  • Options
    I was firmly in the camp of feeling pretty negative at the end of last season but it is now looking increasingly wrong.
    1. Bob is coming across well. At the moment he is looking an astute choice.
    2. I had no real league position in mind other than avoiding relegation. Early evidence suggests this might be avoided ;-)
    3. As for old RD, well the investment and commitment is plainly there now for all to see. The club seems to be moving forward in significant areas and you cannot argue against that at the moment.
  • Options
    Read on another thread (match views v Wigan) that real ale was being sold from a pop up bar in the East Stand, also the pitch is looking really good and the ground has been tarted up...all positives. These things off the field along with the 3 games would suggest we are going in the right direction agree with the above it's a 'tad' early to tell where we will end up at the end of the season though.
  • Options
    I like Big Bad Bob from what I have seen so far, and am also impressed by him - think he has loads of potential to be a very good manager Head Coach.

I like what I have have heard from Katrien and how she has got to grips with so much so quickly.

I still can't fathom Roland or really understand his motivation for owning a network of football clubs. But he has selected BBB and Katrien, so clearly has half an idea.

Time will tell where we finish - plenty of highs and lows to come, as usual, but I am looking forward again to being on the rollercoaster.