Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

3 games in...

2»

Comments

• Options

So we have played 3 games. Have your views changed in anyway on.

1. Bob
    2. Where we will finish
    3. RD and the club in general

Not really no.
  • Options
    I'll tell you after 3 games in (ie tomorrow night).

Is the pop-up Bar there every home game in the East?
  • Options
    1) No
    2) No
    3) No

Far too early yet in my opinion.
  • Options

So we have played 3 games. Have your views changed in anyway on.

1. Bob
    2. Where we will finish
    3. RD and the club in general

1. Yes ..He's 3 games further away from his time at the scum , so that's an improvement
    2. Yes, improved from thinking bottom half for sure to more of a middle placed team
    3. Nope , always thought they were looking to improve but don't agree with some of the club staff changes which would have saved pennies in the grand scheme of things
  • Options
    Compared with where we were thsi time last season, there has clearly been major improvements. Many of our fears about RD are now dispelled - we are not going to be a feeder club and RD is not picking the team. For teh first time in years we have spent money on good players and on facilities, especially the pitch.

I don't think we are play off quality but I'm very confident we won't get relegated this season. Just as importantly, I feel that we are on an upward trajectory with the club in the hands of a well-resourced, sensible owner.
  • Options
    1. Like the look of Bob, seems to be continuing the team spirit that Charlton have had over the last couple of years, have to say though that JJ probably has a lot to do with that too. Think Bob will be a popular figure amongst us fans.

2. 9th

3. Can't figure RD out and what his master plan for all these clubs is, maybe he doesn't have one! What he does seem to do well which I guess all successful businessmen do is employ excellent people in key positions and allow them to get on and do their jobs and make decisions.
  • Options
    In relation to number 3, and this is not supposed to be some kind of negative question, is there any news of the £6million development of Sparrows Lane Training Ground?
    My understanding so far is that the new regime took up an initiative from a previous structure and have submitted planning permission which has been approved. We have seen the plans on the internet, and I believe on the club's official site.
    Given how swiftly things have happened with regard to the Valley pitch, and indeed the stop put to the Pierre Bolangi memorial development at Sparrows lane pending the big change(s) I was kind of expecting the trucks to be thundering up and down sparrows lane by now.
    Anybody know anything? (no need to ask Delors father).
  • Options
    I am so positive. I think we're going to hit it really hard this season. I think we're the surprise package. We've been creating chances for fun, in a way I've not seen in years. At this level at least.
  • Options
    1. Bob.................. is still building
  • Options
    @seth plum‌ my understanding of the academy cat 1 development is that it is 1) big and 2) mainly funded from external sources 3) it was being project managed by Steve Bradshaw who has left the club.
    I would therefore suggest that the first signs we might see would be the announcement of project management either within CAFC or outsourced...
    @Weegie Addick‌ why would one run a clutch of clubs? One clue is from a belgian poster who stated that "Liege fans are always up in arms but Liege was known as the worst run club in Belgium". Having made an impact at Liege, perhaps he feels he can repeat the formula and also have the benefit of moving players like Piotr and Buyens and Ajdarevic around... He doesn't tell us and we can only watch what happens in SE7 and abroad. People know my views on the squad transformation, and while we might be lucky to have four points now, we may well have 8 or 10 by end August which is a big change from 12 months ago.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    1. No change
    2. Second (I honestly haven't seen anything that convinces me we'll finish higher than that)
    3. No change
  • Options
    1. I had no opinion about him, so was open
    2. Much more optimistic that we'll be looking upwards rather than downwards this season
    3. More positive, and that includes the catering changes too
  • Options
    I'm surprised that there are still some doubting RD and that there is pessimism still. We have had near enough the best league start we could ask for, kicked ass in the first round of league cup, peeters has interacted with the fans and showed emotion during the game. We've signed a shed load of new players that are doing well thus far, our original players have also seemingly pulled their socks up. The season is looking anything other than pessimistic. Whatever happens for the rest of the season I think we can safely say that RD wants what's best for Charlton and we are definitely not a feeder club.