Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Operation Minibus - Medway/Swale/Dartford/Belvedere/Charlton

edited April 2007 in General Charlton
Operation MiniBus - Is Underway we are close to agreeing a fee with a potential coach driver willing to take x10 footie fans to the game saturday week. Coach hire details we hope to announce soon. We will advise of cost as soon as we know more. Pick up points will be Sittingbourne & well possibly Dartford, b*llox are we going all the way back to Charlton to go back out to Blackburn.

P.S. There will be a £5 surcharge for Ginger Beards

Comments

• Options
    Nice!

• Options
    Good work Ketters. Let me know price as soon as you can and I'll get the ok from the lads...
  • Options
    Excellent! If I start walking now I should get to Sittingbourne on time, no way am I trusting my mothers navigational skills again, I would have needed to leave last week after her display yesterday.
  • Options
    What is the clubs free peasant coaches not good enough for you? i mean the club lays on free coaches costing thousands and you rebels give it the finger. disgrace. ;-)
  • Options
    If you dont behave carlsberg, carter will give you the fingers!!
  • Options
    Finding out some interesting laws re Coach Minibus Hire. If we use a company that provides it's own driver :-
    i) We are not allowed to arrive 2 Hours Before Kick Off (No Probs)
    ii) We must leave within an hour after the game (Again No probs)
    iii) No you no what is allowed on board travelling to a sporting event (Looks like we are gonna be doing Self Drive then)

Also I heard a wicked rumour that we will be going as a group of 12 now not 10, as two more will be joining us at Dartford. I have spoken to a driver who is willing to take us, just gotta get hold of a 16 seater now.

Will keep you all posted redevelopments.
  • Options
    i may of missed the point here. Carter has offered to drive it, just hire a self drive minibus for about £70, split the petrol and buy Carter's ticket, food and drinks for the day, with a promise of a few ales on the lads at a later date ??
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]i may of missed the point here. Carter has offered to drive it, just hire a self drive minibus for about £70, split the petrol and buy Carter's ticket, food and drinks for the day, with a promise of a few ales on the lads at a later date ??

that there afka is an amazing suggestion! Carter??
  • Options
    Depends on the size of the minibus. If it's a 16 seater or can carry more than 10 bodies you need a PCV allowance on your driving licence, I've still not told work I'm coming in yet so I'm available still
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]Also I heard a wicked rumour that we will be going as a group of 12 now not 10, as two more will be joining us at Dartford.

Got my large capacity flask at the ready dood. Are Doylies needed?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Carter[/cite]Depends on the size of the minibus. If it's a 16 seater or can carry more than 10 bodies you need a PCV allowance on your driving licence, I've still not told work I'm coming in yet so I'm available still

dude, my mate drove a 17 seater to the jousting, and he didnt have any kind of pvc thingy! shall i find out where they hired the van, i know it was in biggin hill, have you heard of that?
  • Options
    It will be 12 people plus driver so Carter not sure if you are allowed to drive ? Happy for you to do it if you really really want it ?

How about a Luton Van & chuck everyone in the back ?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]It will be 12 people plus driver so Carter not sure if you are allowed to drive ? Happy for you to do it if you really really want it ?

How about a Luton Van & chuck everyone in the back ?

If you hire it mate, I'll drive it. Luton van is a good idea too!!

I'd rather do it legally though!! Blackburn is a long walk know what I mean!!
  • Options
    I'm on the call out list for this weekend so that could put the kybosh on things somewhat.

Bollocks.
  • Options
    As far as i know, you have to be 21 and over to hire up to a 17 seater including driver. Any more than that you need a PCV, or if you are hiring it out to other passengers (ie openly selling seats) in a vehicle with nine or more passengers.

We do it for our footy tour every year, Charlton Charlie is our driver.
  • Options
    I have spoken to a guy who will hire us a 15 Seater Minbus for £70 per day plus £100 returnable deposit. We will also have to pay 10p per mile over 200 miles. I am guessing we are gonna be doing 550 miles approximately total so thats a surcharge of £35. Then we will have to factor in Petrol & driver costs.

Can MCS, WSS, Medders, CafcBourne, Sco, Stu of SE7 all confirm that this seems acceptable to them. We still have to confirm the driver & how much he will want (Carter cannot do it due to work) but the barman at the Red Lion was interested when I spoke to him last night.

There will be x12 of us was thinking of say £35 per head to cover everything ? What do you think ?
  • Options
    It can be a confusing one because you need a D1 entitlement on your licence (7.5 tonne) most people aged below 28/29 won't have this unless a HGV is held or you apply for it. I no longer hold the HGV but I still have the D1 and what I've been assured is that as long as the vehicle is not being used commercially its fine to drive with just the D1.

Seeing as it looks like I'm going to struggle to get out of being on call this weekend this gem of information could prove useless!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]I have spoken to a guy who will hire us a 15 Seater Minbus for £70 per day plus £100 returnable deposit. We will also have to pay 10p per mile over 200 miles. I am guessing we are gonna be doing 550 miles approximately total so thats a surcharge of £35. Then we will have to factor in Petrol & driver costs.

Can MCS, WSS, Medders, CafcBourne, Sco, Stu of SE7 all confirm that this seems acceptable to them. We still have to confirm the driver & how much he will want (Carter cannot do it due to work) but the barman at the Red Lion was interested when I spoke to him last night.

There will be x12 of us was thinking of say £35 per head to cover everything ? What do you think ?

Who's that hiring with Ketters? Surely we're better going for a company who allow unlimited mileage?
  • Options
    Sounds absolutely fine to me Ketters.
  • Options
    Just Tried S&B Car Hire in Sittingbourne & they no longer do Minibuses !
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    i'm fine with it, even if i dunno whats going on!!

Put me down regardless Kets
  • Options
    Yeah im in whatever, just get someone with one of those licence's required chuck him a score to use it and then let whoever the fuck we like drive it!!
  • Options
    Mini Bus information:

Driving licence held before 1 January 1997

If you had entitlement to drive cars prior to 1 January 1997 you can drive a minibus provided you are 21 or over and the minibus has a maximum of 17 seats including the driver's seat and is not being used for hire or reward.

To drive a minibus which has nine or more passenger seats for hire or reward you will normally need passenger carrying vehicle entitlement (PCV). To obtain this you must meet higher medical standards and take a further driving test. However, if you drive a minibus for an organisation under the minibus or community bus permit scheme you will not need to have the higher PCV entitlements.

* Minibus and community bus permits

New rules from 1 January 1998

Your minibus entitlement will remain valid in the United Kingdom (UK) and on temporary visits abroad until your licence is next renewed. When your licence is renewed, your minibus entitlement can only be issued if you make a special application, which will involve meeting higher medical standards.

If your minibus entitlement is renewed you will normally be granted a licence for three years which will allow you to drive a minibus, not for hire or reward, in the UK and on temporary visits to other European Community/European Economic Area (EC/EEA) countries. See below for more details about licences that will be accepted abroad.

If your minibus entitlement is not renewed, the entitlement will no longer appear on your licence. However if you are aged under 70 years, you may still be able to drive minibuses in certain circumstances. Drivers whose licences are due for renewal will receive advice about these new procedures with their renewal reminder letter.

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Motoring/DriverLicensing/WhatCanYouDriveAndYourObligations/DG_4022498
  • Options
    OK so pretty much anyone who passed 10 years ago.

I have one more local company to call who are currently just letting their phone ring & ring. However the other companies I have rang will either not let an all male party loose on one of their vehicles, or no longer do MinBuses. The quote above is still best one we have at present.

I will not be calling companies outside of our starting area as that just creates more problems. Will let you know more later......
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Let's just steal a girl and take her along so that it is no longer an all male party!!

The first quote seems reasonable though.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Stu of SE7[/cite]Let's just steal a girl and take her along so that it is no longer an all male party!!

The first quote seems reasonable though.

'Steal a girl' is that not really another way of dressing up the word abduction, pretty sure that this is illegal & may involve some Jail time, but we can look into it.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Stu of SE7[/cite]Let's just steal a girl.

Does an inflatable one count? First to burst her buys the beers...
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Okok, borrow then? Is that any less illegal?
  • Options
    Got anyone in mind you wish to Borrow ?

(Mum's not allowed)
  • Options
    Not for a football outing no ;-)