Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Burnley vs Chelsea

Comments

• Options
    Kap10 said:

yeah could defeinitely happen, i'd enjoy it. Burnley don't belong there. Hope they go straight down.

Burnley don't belong there? Who does then?
    In all seriousness, they don't bigger clubs do like Forrest, Wolves and Leeds, I'd rather have them in the prem than a club like Burnley. The prem is meant to be the best league in the world or at least one of and having Burnley in there doesn't exactly light up the league now does it? Historically speaking Burnley are not a small cllub, far from it, they just don't excite me or the league and I'm sure many would agree.

Anyway, it's nice for them to be up there for their supporters, they'll have another short little cameo and it will be bye bye Burnley.
    Burnley got there on merit, they may fail to stay there on merit, if you start to think clubs should only be allowed into the Prem based upon some supposed size criteria then you continue with the ongoing destruction of fiootball in this country and that will effect us
    Spot on
  • Options

yeah could defeinitely happen, i'd enjoy it. Burnley don't belong there. Hope they go straight down.

In all seriousness, they don't bigger clubs do like Forrest, Wolves and Leeds, I'd rather have them in the prem than a club like Burnley. The prem is meant to be the best league in the world or at least one of and having Burnley in there doesn't exactly light up the league now does it? Historically speaking Burnley are not a small cllub, far from it, they just don't excite me or the league and I'm sure many would agree.

Anyway, it's nice for them to be up there for their supporters, they'll have another short little cameo and it will be bye bye Burnley.
    Fuck off... Whats the point of a club existing if it dont have the same right that Forest, Wolves and Leeds do, take that approach and you could say Charlton dont deserve to be in it.

Take your nose out the History books created by the Premier League and you'll notice that Burnley have won the First Division TWICE... lets compare that shall we with Forest (one English title).. Wolves and Leeds (three titles)
    Or Spurs (twice), West Ham (Nil) etc, etc
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Anyone else notice that Burnley have narrowed their pitch on the nearside by about 5 foot ?
  • Options
    Kap10 said:

Burnley got there on merit, they may fail to stay there on merit, if you start to think clubs should only be allowed into the Prem based upon some supposed size criteria then you continue with the ongoing destruction of fiootball in this country and that will effect us
    Hold on, I'm not saying that at all, where did I suggest that? That would be totally ludicrous and I'd understand this reaction if my user name was Greg Dyke, but I'm only saying it as a Premier league and football fan that I'd rather have a bigger club who would actually challenge the already established teams and not be tipped for relegation straight away, I find having whipping boys in the prem as being boring and when I said Burnley 'don't belong in the prem' I said that because that's just how I feel, the same way I felt Wigan didn't belong there, not because I want to introduce some absurd new system where prem teams are elected based on their ground sizes and how much silverware they've won in the last century.
  • Options

Fuck off... Whats the point of a club existing if it dont have the same right that Forest, Wolves and Leeds do, take that approach and you could say Charlton dont deserve to be in it.

Take your nose out the History books created by the Premier League and you'll notice that Burnley have won the First Division TWICE... lets compare that shall we with Forest (one English title).. Wolves and Leeds (three titles)
    Wow idiot. As I said Burnley have a lot of history if you actually read my post, and does winning a divison necessarily make you a big club? They were merely examples of clubs that I see as bigger than Burnley.

For Gods sake read my reply to Kap10 I'm not going to type it again but I wasn't suggesting any teams rights changing at all, Christ.
  • Options

Kap10 said:

Hold on, I'm not saying that at all, where did I suggest that? That would be totally ludicrous and I'd understand this reaction if my user name was Greg Dyke, but I'm only saying it as a Premier league and football fan that I'd rather have a bigger club who would actually challenge the already established teams and not be tipped for relegation straight away, I find having whipping boys in the prem as being boring and when I said Burnley 'don't belong in the prem' I said that because that's just how I feel, the same way I felt Wigan didn't belong there, not because I want to introduce some absurd new system where prem teams are elected based on their ground sizes and how much silverware they've won in the last century.
    Apologies if I misunderstood you but thats the implication of what you said and the attitude a lot of fans had towards us when we were in the prem.
  • Options
    Trouble is the Premier League is there to protect itself now... (i.e. as someone said with Shane Long joining Southampton for £12m)

As mentioned on Soccer Saturday this weekend there are seven clubs that can challenge for Europe the other 13 clubs are fighting relegation, doesnt matter who comes up from the Championship now, unless they've the financial backing compared to Man City it would be a miracle if they challenged for the League... You saw what happened this summee with Southampton, moment they become a threat they lose their players... any team coming up now at best can hope for a season like Swansea (winning the Leagus Cup) or Hull City (in last years FA Cup), nothing more
  • Options
    I listened to the start of the. Match on 5 live as I was driving, they said that Burnleys squad cost £14 million to assemble, Chelsea's .... Over £350 million, how on earth can you compete against that?
  • Options
    Kap10 said:

Kap10 said:

Apologies if I misunderstood you but thats the implication of what you said and the attitude a lot of fans had towards us when we were in the prem.
    Yes it seems like you did slightly, no worries. I'm saying it with no input into the Premier league system at all (obviously) so wasn't really expecting to have to clarify what I meant in such detail but i'm glad I did.

Yes, I know a lot of people did but they had soon shut up when they saw how good we were for those first few years and I most definitely would if Burnley did the same.

However I don't think they will and would rather have a club in the prem that would put up more of a challenge.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Every club deserves the chance to be in the first division not clubs based on size
  • Options
    Great tackle by Marvin there. Never a foul...
  • Options

Great tackle by Marvin there. Never a foul...

He's a dirty sod. We taught him everything he knows!
  • Options
    Nice to see super Marv laying into JT.
  • Options
    Marvin was always going to go through on Terry. I love the innocent look at the ref.
  • Options

Every club deserves the chance to be in the first division not clubs based on size

Yes they do but I find it more frustrating when a small club is in the premier league and failing miserably (of course i dont mean burnley yet) as I think if that was us we would be doing a lot better and it makes me miss our time in the premier league even more, regardless of how good the championship is that is the place I want our club to be and while we're not in it I want the standard to be as high as possible to make it more enjoyable to watch as a neutral.
  • Options
    @nomadicAddick I'm not the only one that interpreted it as that and they did not shut up at all. I also recall prior to the Prem being formed and The Massives being in the top flight, they used us as the sort of little club they did not want to play.
  • Options
    What was the score?
  • Options

Yes they do but I find it more frustrating when a small club is in the premier league and failing miserably (of course i dont mean burnley yet) as I think if that was us we would be doing a lot better and it makes me miss our time in the premier league even more, regardless of how good the championship is that is the place I want our club to be and while we're not in it I want the standard to be as high as possible to make it more enjoyable to watch as a neutral.
    On that basis I agree... A few years ago many clubs would be promoted to the Premier League and they'd set out to Defend and keep the score down (kinda like when San Marino play England)...

Since Blackpool had their year in the top flight though it seems everyone goes on the attack a bit more and even if it doesnt work it makes it much more entertaining
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    CAFCTrev said:

Why would a family from Yorkshire support a team from Lancashire?
  • Options
    Looking at the records, I hadn't realised that Burnley won the league as recently as 1959/60, so it's not as though they were winners in the 1920s like Huddersfield.

Besides, Jimmy Anderson is a Burnley fan!
  • Options

What was the score?

Can't say as Bournemouth Addick may want to watch the highlights later.

Burnley 1 Chelsea 3 :-)
  • Options

What was the score?

Can't say as Bournemouth Addick may want to watch the highlights later.

Burnley 1 Chelsea 3 :-)
    Pah...I was waiting for that :-p
  • Options
    There's always one idiot :-)
  • Options

Under your definition are Swansea a small club? if not, when did you decide that they are not?
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Any club winning promotion from the Championship over 46 games (plus the play-offs) deserves one year minimum in the Premier League. The Championship appears to be the toughest second tier in Europe. If a club achieving promotion chooses not to follow the path trodden by Cardiff and QPR (and now Fulham) spending tens of millions on average players then is that a problem?
    We simply don't know how the three promoted clubs will fare this season - in some years they all struggle whereas in others they all stay up. I don't even know who Burnley play this month let alone how many points they will achieve so let's wait and see how the Premier League pans out, top and bottom. It's a laugh...pure entertainment and the knives are out for Man Utd after 90 minutes!
    Hopefully we can take our place sooner rather than later :)
  • Options
    If you were to take me to a phsyicartist to try and find out the real reason that I don't believe Burnley deserve to be in the premier league I don't think it would take very long to find out.

Under your definition are Swansea a small club? if not, when did you decide that they are not?
    Under my definition, which may differ to others, yes they are a small club.

• Options

Greece shouldn't have been in the euros then... And should never have won it as they're not seen as a big footballing team. Hate this attitude nowadays.
  • Options
    I just don't get it at all what next no relegation or promotion based on results but based on historic achievements and ground size