Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Burnley vs Chelsea

13»

Comments

• Options
    dizzee said:

yeah could defeinitely happen, i'd enjoy it. Burnley don't belong there. Hope they go straight down.

Burnley don't belong there? Who does then?
    In all seriousness, they don't bigger clubs do like Forrest, Wolves and Leeds, I'd rather have them in the prem than a club like Burnley. The prem is meant to be the best league in the world or at least one of and having Burnley in there doesn't exactly light up the league now does it? Historically speaking Burnley are not a small cllub, far from it, they just don't excite me or the league and I'm sure many would agree.

Anyway, it's nice for them to be up there for their supporters, they'll have another short little cameo and it will be bye bye Burnley.
    Greece shouldn't have been in the euros then... And should never have won it as they're not seen as a big footballing team. Hate this attitude nowadays.
    That's not what I'm saying at all and that comparison really makes
    no sense. I'm saying I would prefer it if they weren't not that they don't deserve to be. They've won promotion I'd have to be a bit deluded to argue they don't deserve to be there.

When I'm saying they don't belong there that's my opinion. I don't consider Burnely a first division club and i would rather have a different team in the top tier other than them. I'm not saying Charlton never deserved to be in the prem (i found it quite astounding that was even suggested) or that the prem should be exclusive to only the big clubs.

Seems like some of you have misunderstood what I've said and seen it as a dig at small clubs in general when it was merely just me saying I'd rather have someone else than Burnely, who deserve there chance but won't stay long and I wont be too fussed when they're back down in the championship.

Hope that clears it up a little.

• Options
    NomadicAddick. Don't worry about it. I think people know what you meant. They're just having a dig because this is a forum and people like having digs on forums.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    I don't think anyone is deliberately misinterpreting what Nomadic is saying in order just to have a dig at all. His point of view was that Burnley did not belong in their division as they are not big enough to entertain him or 'light up the league' as he puts it.

Others see it differently and I'm still not really sure what he means. Some of the smaller teams like Swansea and Blackpool have been a lot more entertaining to watch than many far larger clubs, like Villa or WHU, who have been dire for years but according to Nomadic's point of view are more deserving of their place because they are not whipping boys (ignoring the relative finishing positions).

He's not alone in thinking bigger is always best(!) though so we are having the discussion not digging him out, well I'm not anyway.
  • Options
    If a team finishes in the promotion places or wins the play-offs then it belongs in the next division regardless of ground size, fan base etc.

We always took offence when we were referred to as 'Little Charlton' so why use that at other clubs?
  • Options
    Have to say I've always thought it's the results on the pitch that matter. If a club, large or small, has results which earn their place in a higher league or the next stage of a cup competition, then so be it.

Besides which, isn't half the interest in football is seeing totally different sides play? Wouldn't it get boring if it was always big clubs playing each other?

Now that the stranglehold of Fergie's Man U has gone the Premiership is far more open and interesting!

Go Burnley!!