Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Players Marks: Charlton v Derby

Comments

• Options
    Pope - 5.5
    Gomez - 7.5
    Bikey - 7
    Ben Haim - 8
    Wiggins - 7
    Jackson - 8
    Buyens - 8
    Gudmundsson - 8
    Cousins - 6
    Vetokele - 7
    Tucudean - 7
    Wilson - 7
  • Options
    Pope 6 Charlie Wright moment but other than that ok

Gomez 7.5 Hard to believe this was his Championship debut. An assured performance. This bloke could go far.

Wiggins 7 More like the old Rhoys we know and love

Bikey 7 Looked solid

Ben Haim 7 Did all he needed to thought he might have to go off

Gudmundsson 7.5 Lovely turn and give to Cousins in the build up to the first goal. Danny Green eat your heart out

Buyens 8 Assured performance and a well taken penalty

Jackson 8.5 Captain's performance. Great tackling and set up the third goal

Cousins 7 Faded a bit but played an important part in the build up to the first goal

Vetokele 7 In and out at times but he scored which is what strikers are meant to do

Tucudean 8 Well taken goal and mazy run for the penalty. Hope the injury is not too bad

Moussa 7 Offered an outlet and a bit of pace. A bit too similar to Igor in some ways

Wilson 7 Played a vital part towards the third goal and linked well with Gomez
  • Options
    Pope - 5.5: received rather more back passes than he would have liked and made the unfortunate error near the end.
    Gomez - 8: a hugely assured debut.
    Wiggins - 6: still not firing on all cylinders but should improve with more games.
    Bikey - 7.5: distribution a little looser than in earlier games but he did very well to contain the strong and skilful Martin.
    Ben Haim - 8.0: this guy really is class. Excellent use of the ball and calmness personified.
    Gudmundsson - 8.0: showed some outstanding moments of quality. A game changer.
    Buyens - 8.5: an absolutely pivotal player for us (I hope he stays fit).
    Jackson - 7: a much better second half. Several good interceptions and blocks and a lovely first time cross for the third goal.
    Cousins - 7: another very decent performance.
    Vetokele - 7: a relatively quiet first half but you know he is going to cause trouble over the 90 minutes. A real worry for tiring defenders, especially if their team has to push up and play a higher line.
    Tucudean - 8: an excellent and, ultimately, match winning performance in the first half.
    Moussa - 7: good link up play.
    Wilson -7: brings energy to the team and did well both offensively and defensively.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Pope 6.5 I don't think he saw the ball until late on for the 2nd goal. Yes, he should've done better but it didn't cost us 3 points. Think there's a few exaggeration a on here.

Gomez 7 (-.5 for the yellow card) it was a needless yellow which I felt fired them up a little. Apart from that, solid debut! At 17 as well! Looked better when Wilson came on.

Wiggins 7 improved as the game went on but he wasn't as fearless as last season. I don't think he's 100% fit.

Bikey 7.5 he's absolutely solid and can be heard from west upper. He knows he's not quick but he anticipates things well.

Ben Haim 8 he started the move off for our first. I thought he was brilliant and Morrison will do well to get in the starting 11.

Gudmundsson 8 we've finally found a player who's capable of splitting open defences. For too long we've had strikers who don't get good balls into the box. Now we have this lad. He's our Prem class player.

Buyens 8 good passing, good tackling and he scored a penalty. Happy days.

Jackson 8.5 MOTM again I feel some have rated him too low. His leadership today is what (IMO) won us the game. Some of the tackles he made were so solid they'd start attacks. Not to mention his cross for the winner!

Cousins 7 he had an off day by his standards. Didn't seem to read the game very well but again, he looked dangerous when running and cutting inside with ball.

Vetokele 7.5 should've had a hat trick. I'm glad he scored though and for a small guy he won a lot if headers.

Tucudean 8.5 he set up a few attacks which led to nothing. I'm sure for out first goal he had his back to the goal. It was so well taken though! And for the penalty, he made that run whilst injured! Best game yet and I think he will do very well for us.

Moussa 7 Derby seemed scared of him. Me worked very hard but perhaps tried too hard to score.

Wilson 7.5 we needed his knowledge on the pitch at the end so it was a good change by Big Bob.

Fox n/a
  • Options
    Pope 4 handling, kicking and that howler
    Gomez 7
    Wiggins 7
    Bikey 7
    Ben Haim 8
    Gudmundsson 8 classy player
    Buyens 7
    Jackson 6
    Cousins 5
    Vetokele 8
    Tucudean 7
    Moussa 8 really impressed with Moussa
    Wilson 7
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Pope - 6.5

I was very nervous at the prospect of Pope being our only GK at the moment; but he pulled off some very good saves and there was nothing he could've done for the equaliser. The equaliser just came after a very good save in itself. However the second was an absolute howler. He lost a mark for that unfortunately.

Gomez - 7.5

Very good. I have no qualms with him sharing that position with Solly - he had an incredible amount of confidence and stood his ground well. I'm not sure why I'm surprised at his confidence really, after all - all our Academy lads seem to step up like it.

Wiggins - 7.5

Well improved after Saturday, he made some good runs up the field and worked well at the back. Maybe a left footed player in front of him may give him more security though?

Bikey - 7.5
    Ben Haim - 7.5

A very very good partnership. Both of these guys look confident and make me feel confident as a fan; I think it should be noted how important they are in our new style of playing the ball out via the defence. They do seem to enjoy their backpasses to Pope which concerns me, but perhaps this is part of the "tire the opposition out" plan?

Gudmundson - 7

I look forward to seeing more of him, he looks capable of moving the ball around and beating his man. I can't help but ponder whether the left would be better though. I like the confidence he has to go for goal from distance.

Buyens - 8 (MOTM)

Broke up play and sprayed the ball around incredibly effectively. He always seemed able to receive the ball too. Defensively he provided a lot of support to the back four too. I didn't see him to a great deal in the final third, but I don't think thats his role. A nice self-assured penalty too, which he only took after it seemed JJ had directed him to. Very impressed.

Jackson - 8

Welcome back Captain Fantastic. No obvious signs of tiring tonight and, like Buyens, he played a large role in dispossessing the oppo and helping control the midfield. He played a simple role, and he played it very well. Provided good support for our attacks too.

Cousins - 7

Not as dominating as he was on Saturday, but I felt he controlled that match. Very assured despite working the wing on his weaker foot, and felt he was let down by others in the team to be honest. He was often seen demanding the ball and calling for it, often in space and good positions, only for it to be sent elsewhere. This really isn't his fault though..

Vetokele - 7

Very good at running down the oppo defence, and he most certainly has got some speed in his locker. I feel that his style of play is such that you don't really notice him when he's not directly on the ball, and a lot of todays match seemed to revolve around the midfield. He did chase everything down when needed though, and his goal was well taken. He's definitely a threat when given the opportunity.

Tucudean - 8

Silenced some of the doubters? I think he's finding his feet, and he looked very dangerous going forward. Brilliant work for the penalty and a very well taken goal. I hope his injury isn't serious, as I can see him being an excellent partner for Vetokele - acting in a target man style role, helping hold the ball up and creating space.
  • Options

Pope 5.5
    Gomez 7
    Wiggins 6.5
    Bikey 7
    Ben Haim 7
    Gudmundsson 7.5
    Buyens 8
    Jackson 8
    Cousins 6.5
    Vetokele 7.5
    Tucudean 7.5
    Moussa 7
    Wilson 6.5

Fox n/a
  • Options
    Pope -4
    Gomez -7
    Wiggins - 6.5
    Ben Haim -7.5
    Bikey - 6.5
    Gudmundson - 7
    Beyens -7.5
    Jackson - 7.5 (MOTM)
    Vetokele - 7.5
    Tucdean -7.5

Moussa - 7
    Fox - NA
    Wilson - 6.5
  • Options
    Pope 6 - Good on crosses, but ball control at feet lacking a little and put himself under pressure. Charlie Wright Mk 2?
    Gomez 7 - Confident, pacy, good passer; able replacement for Solly
    Wiggins 6.5 - Struggled at times, and some wayward passes again
    Bikey 7 - Solid, but seemed to tire near end?
    Ben Haim 7.5 (MoM) - Good passing, and dealt well with Martin
    Gudmundsson 7 - A very good player, fabulous first ten minutes or so, but then faded out and only got involved intermittently
    Buyens 7 - Consistent and work hard; good game
    Jackson 6.5 - Good tackling but off the pace again
    Cousins 6.5 - Got involved, but needs to be harder
    Vetokele 6.5 - Tough game for him but came to life towards the end; missed some chances but got the winner in the end
    Tucudean 7 - Great finish for his goal; stupid booking; will have a big bruise where he was whacked; won the penalty!
    Moussa 7 - Lively, and worked hard, but needs to make better choices when supported
    Wilson 6.5 - Shored up right side when came on, and got forward well; assist for the winner!
  • Options
    Pope - 5 - Poor kicking and at fault for the 2nd goal
    Gomez - 7
    Bikey - 7
    Ben Haim - 8
    Wiggins - 6.5
    Jackson - 7.5
    Buyens - 8
    Gudmundsson - 7.5
    Cousins - 6.5
    Vetokele - 7
    Tucudean - 7.5
    Wilson - 7
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Pope 5.5 OK, not a great start, but let's give the guy a break and a further chance. Only one real error, and of course it was awful, but he'll come good, I think
    Gomez 8 class, class, class
    Wiggins 6 Something not right, really. When Cousins is wide left, Wiggins should be bombing down like an old-fashioned (60s/70s) overlapping full back. But he's tentative in that, and opponents know that they simply have to channel him inside onto his right foot
    Bikey 7 Solid
    Ben Haim 8 Really marshalled the back line well. Lots of intelligent reading of the game
    Gudmundsson 7.5 no end product yet, but it will come
    Buyens 8 Diego who?
    Jackson 8 best game of the season by far. much more involved and a brilliant cross for the winner
    Cousins 7.5 worked hard defensively, assist for the first. can he work on his left foot a bit?
    Vetokele 7 got the winner so can't complain, but might have had more
    Tucudean 8 real impact and quality now...
    Moussa 7 buzzed around, played his part
    Wilson 8 very important cameo, really made a difference when he came on
  • Options
    Pope-5 (Made a few to many mistakes, almost got caught out by Martin a few times)
    Gomez-7 (Started off looking nervous and left to many gaps, but as they game went on he improved massively)
    Wiggins- 7 (Their full back seemed to have far to much room)
    Bikey- 8 (BEAST)
    Ben Haim-8 (Best performance I have seen from him so far)
    Gudmundsson-7 (Definitely an improvement from his first couple of games)
    Buyens- 8 MOM (What a player he is)
    Jackson-7 (Looked strong, dont think he is finished just yet)
    Cousins-7 (Looked ok in patches and a few good passes)
    Vetokele-7 (was cool, composed and made sure he had as many touches as he could be shooting, never rushed)
    Tucudean-7 (Much improved from the last 3 games, a few good runs, and a great finish)
    Moussa- 7 (Linked up well with Vetokele)
    Wilson- 7 (Helped to steady the ship, got forward but helped defensively as well)
  • Options
    Pope 5.5 should have done better for 2nd goal
    Gomez 8 really impressive against a good side
    Wiggins 7 improved from last game
    Bikey 8 immense
    Ben Haim 8 calm on the ball
    Gudmundsson 8.5 hardworking and skillful
    Buyens 9 again looked very comfortable
    Jackson 7 much improved
    Cousins 7 would rather have him in the centre but he put in a shift again
    Vetokele 7.5 worked hard and got rewarded
    Tucudean 7.5 showed more nice touches
    Moussa 7 looks a threat going forward
    Wilson 7 reliable as always
  • Options
    Pope - 5
    Gomez - 8
    Wiggins - 6
    Bikey - 7
    Ben Haim - 8
    Gundmundsson - 8
    Buyens - 9
    Jackson - 7
    Cousins - 5
    Vetokele - 7
    Tucudean - 8
    Moussa - 7
    Wilson - 8
  • Options
    Pope... 5 - Caught the crosses all night long.. made a good save prior to the first Goal (Which he could do nothing about).. other than that he had nothing to do all evening (apart from catching practice) which could have had something to do with the error... Still point taken off I'm afraid (Pleased with Peeters' comments about him)

Gomez... 7.5 - What a lovely sliding block to cut out a pass late in the 2nd Half... He's going to be a talent, made a few mistakes (Understandable against a team like Derby) but was good enough on this occasion to deal with them, his throw-ins need improvement though.

Wiggins... 7 - Much better last night from him, my missus' (a veterinary nurse) made an interesting comment by saying his knees look swollen and problematic so could be the issue for his form.

Bikey... 8 - Man Mountain, we've a Defender who lets the Strikers know they've a fight on their hands (Although some of his passes back to Pope did get the latter into trouble at times)

Ben-Haim... 8 - Morrison is gonna find it difficult getting game time at the moment, really good partnership between him and Bikey at the moment (Although some of his passes back to Pope did get the latter into trouble at times)

Gudmundsson... 8.5 MOTM - Pretty much set up the play for the first and third goals... Just another Danny Green BUT he's got the talent!!

Buyens... 8 - Class Midfielder, so glad Belgium have so many good Midfielders ahead of him in the National Team as he wouldn't be with us else

Jackson... 8 - Jacko pretty much at his best, just missing the late run into the box to score with a header ;)

Cousins... 7 - Got the assist for the first goal but otherwise went missing for large parts

Vetokele... 7.5 - Made himself a nuisance yet decision making needs to improve (and will am sure in time)... He could have had a hat-trick or two assists had he done better.

Tucudean... 7.5 - Would have given him an 8 yet hard to do when he only played 45mins... Really like this bloke

--------------------
    Subs
    --------------------
    Moussa... 7 - Worked hard... didnt really get any goalscoring chances, helped out Vetokele up front really well

Wilson... 7 - Same again, got himself a neat assist and protected Gomez
  • Options
    LuckyReds said:

Pope - 6.5

I was very nervous at the prospect of Pope being our only GK at the moment; but he pulled off some very good saves and there was nothing he could've done for the equaliser. The equaliser just came after a very good save in itself. However the second was an absolute howler. He lost a mark for that unfortunately.

Gomez - 7.5

Very good. I have no qualms with him sharing that position with Solly - he had an incredible amount of confidence and stood his ground well. I'm not sure why I'm surprised at his confidence really, after all - all our Academy lads seem to step up like it.

Wiggins - 7.5

Well improved after Saturday, he made some good runs up the field and worked well at the back. Maybe a left footed player in front of him may give him more security though?

Bikey - 7.5
    Ben Haim - 7.5

A very very good partnership. Both of these guys look confident and make me feel confident as a fan; I think it should be noted how important they are in our new style of playing the ball out via the defence. They do seem to enjoy their backpasses to Pope which concerns me, but perhaps this is part of the "tire the opposition out" plan?

Gudmundson - 7

I look forward to seeing more of him, he looks capable of moving the ball around and beating his man. I can't help but ponder whether the left would be better though. I like the confidence he has to go for goal from distance.

Buyens - 8 (MOTM)

Broke up play and sprayed the ball around incredibly effectively. He always seemed able to receive the ball too. Defensively he provided a lot of support to the back four too. I didn't see him to a great deal in the final third, but I don't think thats his role. A nice self-assured penalty too, which he only took after it seemed JJ had directed him to. Very impressed.

Jackson - 8

Welcome back Captain Fantastic. No obvious signs of tiring tonight and, like Buyens, he played a large role in dispossessing the oppo and helping control the midfield. He played a simple role, and he played it very well. Provided good support for our attacks too.

Cousins - 7

Not as dominating as he was on Saturday, but I felt he controlled that match. Very assured despite working the wing on his weaker foot, and felt he was let down by others in the team to be honest. He was often seen demanding the ball and calling for it, often in space and good positions, only for it to be sent elsewhere. This really isn't his fault though..

Vetokele - 7

Very good at running down the oppo defence, and he most certainly has got some speed in his locker. I feel that his style of play is such that you don't really notice him when he's not directly on the ball, and a lot of todays match seemed to revolve around the midfield. He did chase everything down when needed though, and his goal was well taken. He's definitely a threat when given the opportunity.

Tucudean - 8

Silenced some of the doubters? I think he's finding his feet, and he looked very dangerous going forward. Brilliant work for the penalty and a very well taken goal. I hope his injury isn't serious, as I can see him being an excellent partner for Vetokele - acting in a target man style role, helping hold the ball up and creating space.

Wilson?
    Moussa?
  • Options
    Pope 5.5
    Gomez 7
    Wiggins 7
    Bikey 8
    Ben Haim 8.5
    Gudmundsson 8
    Buyens 8
    Jackson 7.5
    Cousins 7
    Vetokele 7.5
    Tucudean 7
    Moussa 7
    Wilson 7.5

• Options
    Pope 5 - Poor off the ground and howler for the goal, but he's young and still improving
    Gomez 8.5 - terrific, strong and disciplined, can also get forward well
    Wiggins 8 - much improved, surrendered possession on occasions, but very disciplined and worked hard
    Bikey 8 - monster at the back, doesn't get caught out
    Ben Haim 8 - works so well with Bikey, the experience is obvious
    Gudmundsson 8 - classy on the ball, picks a pass superbly and keeps play moving
    Buyens 8.5 - real engine and composed on the ball, superb penalty
    Jackson 7.5 - sometimes lacks a yard of pace but makes up for it with work rate and determination
    Cousins 7.5 - great play for the first, good turn of pace, but faded a little
    Vetokele 8 - excellent playing off the last defender, should have had at least one more with a little extra composure
    Tucudean 8 - can be frustrating to watch but can't argue with a great goal and terrific work to win the penalty
    Moussa 7 - decent running off Vetokele but slipped and fell when could have been through
    Wilson 7.5 - tightened up the right side effectively and worked well with Gomez
  • Options
    Pope 5 Needs another season on loan
    Gomez 7
    Wiggins 6.5
    Bikey 7.5
    Ben Haim 7.5
    Gudmundsson 8.5
    Buyens 8
    Jackson 7.5
    Cousins 7
    Vetokele 7
    Tucudean 7.5
    Moussa 7
    Wilson 6.5
  • Options
    Pope 4 - Even allowing for youth and inexperience I thought he was very disappointing. Distribution awful and the howler loses a mark in itself. saw enough on Saturday's cameo to know he is a good keeper though and needs careful handling.
    Gomez 7 - Looks a great prospect
    Wiggins 7 - Up against it and put in a real shift. Little forward momentum which is disappointing.
    Bikey 7.5 - Solid. Harder game than Saturday. Will never be graceful but he is effective.
    Ben Haim 7.5 - Solid and good distribution.
    Gudmundsson 7 - Absolute class but faded noticeably. Passes better than he shoots.
    Buyens 8 - POTY candidate already.
    Jackson 7.5 - Proper captain's shift last night.
    Cousins 5 - Forgot he was playing. Not his fault. Out of position.
    Vetokele 7.5 - Tries so hard and he will score loads.
    Tucudean 7 - Growing on me. Looks awkward at times but ball sticks to him better than others.
    Moussa 6.5 - Not fit yet but looks better every time I see him. Not sure the double act with Vetokele works - too similar.
    Wilson 7 - Good man. Should be starting.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Pope -5
    Gomez -7.5
    Wiggins -7.5
    Bikey -7
    Ben Haim -7
    Gudmundsson -8
    Buyens -8
    Jackson -7.5
    Cousins -7
    Vetokele 8.5 MOM
    Tucudean -7.5
    Moussa -7
    Wilson -7
  • Options
    Pope - 4 Sadly I think this could have been a Piggott moment of too much too soon. Clearly has ability but might not be quite ready for the Championship yet and wouldn't be surprised if we see a loan keeper coming in
    Gomez - 7
    Wiggins - 7
    Bikey - 7
    Ben Haim -7
    Gudmundsson - 8
    Buyens - 8
    Jackson - 7
    Cousins - 7
    Vetokele - 7
    Tucudean - 7
    Moussa - 7
    Wilson - 7
  • Options

Pope 7 assured and claimed everything in the air well. Worried about how long he holds onto the ball - has the 6 second rule been binned? Only downer was the 2nd goal.

Gomez 8 caught out a couple of times, but against one of the best teams in the division that's not a criticism. Left his man out wide a few times as we pull in tight, but was trying to get TBH to cover so he could pick up. Fantastic player & prospect.

Wiggins 7 better than recent games

Bikey 8 immense in every way
    Ben Haim 8 always looking to play the ball out. A few wayward passes, but generally very good game

Gudmundsson 8.5 like him and think he's only getting better

Buyens 8.5 quietly efficient and great penalty

Jackson 8 best game of the season. Involved in everything & chasing down every ball

Cousins 7 not as involved last night, but good when he was

Vetokele 7.5 poacher's instinct for the goal & unlucky slip at the end. Always looking to get involved.

Tucudean 7.5 much better. Wasn't convinced in the first couple of games, but took his goal well, great feet leading up to the penalty and good game all round. Really pleased for him.

Moussa 6.5 passed him by a little. Can't wait to see him hit a cracking goal like he did at Cov!

Wilson 7 unlucky not to be in at the start, but a great guy to have coming on. Provided good cover to Gomez and typically good getting forward. Nice header on for Igor :)

Fox n/a

Really impressed with the way we are passing it about. Keeping calm and probing, looking for the right ball. Even when it didn't work, we didn't get flustered and just tried again as soon as we got the ball back. All this against a very, very good team.
  • Options
    Incredibly optimistic before the season started, and this was the first game I've been to see. Was not disappointed and all the new signing looked good.

Pope 4 - looked nervous all game and made a really bad mistake for their second.
    Gomez 8 - Excellent, very comfortable at this level for someone so young.
    Wiggins 7 - sloppy on the ball a few times, but defended well and made a couple of important interceptions.
    Bikey 7 - the guy is a man mountain, wish he'd play the easy ball more.
    Ben Haim 8 - thought he was more impressive than Bikey, very composed.
    Gudmundsson 8 - showed a lot of quality, real threat going forward and tracked back well to cover Gomez.
    Buyens 8 - Breaks the game up, plays the simple pass, seems to read the game well. Very calmly taken pen too.
    Jackson 7 - quiet but steady next to Buyens, preferred it second half when he helped the forwards press high.
    Cousins 8 - one of his better performances out wide. His touch looked better than last season.
    Vetokele 7 - said after the game he was knackered, you could tell, but he was still a threat throughout.
    Tucudean 8 - took his goal well, did brilliantly for the penalty. Still have reservations but hope he proves me wrong!
    Moussa 6 - struggled to get into the game, looked promising on the break but shots were weak.
    Wilson 7 - shored us up for the final onslaught, and set up the third with a good cross.
  • Options
    Pope - 6
    Gomez 7.5
    Wiggins - 7
    Bikey - 7
    Ben Haim - 7.5
    Gudmundsson -7
    Buyens - 8 mom
    Jackson - 7
    Cousins - 7
    Vetokele - 7.5
    Tucudean - 7.5
    Moussa - 6.5
    Wilson - 7
  • Options
    Pope-----5 -- lets hope that howler dosnt do his head in.
    Gomez----7 -- needs someone in telling not to drift inside, but at 17 looks the business.
    TBH------7.5----looked class
    Bikey-----7---given his hardest game by their CF but did well.
    Wiggins----6----not the player he was. Hardly gets forward.
    Gudmenson---7---needed to help Gomez more but still a handful.
    Buyens-------8----makes it all look easy
    Jackson-----7.5----i think he has sussed how he fits into the team, his best game so far
    Cousins----6----still think he shouldnt be out wide
    Vetokele----7.5---huge effort this guy puts in.
    Tucadean----7.5----good goal and could of been MoTM if he made the second half.

Moussa---6
    Wilson----7-----its what Gomez needed in front of him and made a goal.

Bob----9----he is the man.

• Options
    Pope -- 5
    Gomez - 7
    Wiggins - 6.5
    Bikey - 7
    Ben Haim - 7
    Gudmundsson - 7.5
    Buyens - 8.5
    Jackson - 7.5
    Cousins - 6.5
    Vetokele - 7.5