Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Players Marks: Charlton v Derby

Comments

• Options
    Pope 5 Gomez
    Wiggins 6
    Bikey 7
    Ben Haim 8
    Gudmundsson 8
    Buyens 8.5 (MOTM)
    Jackson 7
    Cousins 7
    Vetokele 7.5
    Tucudean 7
    Moussa 7 (looks to be getting fitness back)
    Wilson 7

• Options
    Pope 4.5
    Gomez 7
    Wiggins 6.5
    Bikey 8
    Ben Haim 7.5
    Gudmundsson 7
    Buyens 7.5
    Jackson 7
    Cousins 7
    Vetokele 6
    Tucudean 8
    Moussa 5.5
    Wilson 6.5

Fox n/a
  • Options

Pope 6 I am being charitable with the mark.I feel maybe another loan to York might help both parties .He will be a great keeper one day , but needs at least a season as someone's number 1. I notice the Minstermen's keeper was substituted last night for tactical reasons rather than injury . If you look at Hamer's pre Charlton career he only ever played in Cup games for Reading, but played in over 100 league games for Brentford and Exeter as well as a season in the Conference for Crawley.
    Gomez 7 Very assured . Smart tactical move by Peeters because it enabled Wilson to make an impact from the bench
    Wiggins 7 A lot better than Saturday
    Bikey 8 Really held the line well
    Ben Haim 8.5 So far this is the best central defensive partnership we have had in years.
    Gudmundsson 7 Very skilful a real box of tricks.
    Buyens 8 Looking better every game . Adapting well to English football
    Jackson 9 Playing a captain's role . Along with Solly he is the only first team survivor from the Parky era . Even I questioned him Saturday until I heard about the virus.
    Cousins 7 Prefer him in the middle but Buyens and Jackson will be hard to dislodge on that performance.
    Vetokele 7 Kept running , like to see him score with his feet.
    Tucudean 8 Scored and brought down for the penalty .
    Moussa 7 We matched Derby better in midfield after he came on .
    Wilson 8 Helped defensively and created the chance for the third.

Fox n/a
  • Options
    Pope 6
    Gomez 7.5
    Wiggins 7
    Bikey 7
    Ben Haim 7.5
    Gudmundsson 8
    Buyens 8.5
    Jackson 8
    Cousins 7
    Vetokele 8
    Tucudean 7.5
    Moussa 6.5
    Wilson 8
  • Options
    Pope 6
    Gomez 7
    Wiggins 6
    Bikey 8
    Ben Haim 8
    Gudmundsson 7
    Buyens 8 MOM
    Jackson 7
    Cousins 7
    Vetokele 7
    Tucudean 7
    Moussa 6
    Wilson 7
  • Options

For those of you at the Valley this evening your marks out of 10 (that is upto and including 10) please keep to the order of the list below:

Pope 5.5
    Gomez 7
    Wiggins 7
    Bikey 7.5
    Ben Haim 7.5
    Gudmundsson 7
    Buyens 8.5
    Jackson 7.5
    Cousins 7
    Vetokele 8.5
    Tucudean 8
    Moussa 7.5
    Wilson 7

• Options
    Pope 5.5
    Gomez 7
    Wiggins 7
    Bikey 7
    Ben Haim 8
    Gudmundsson 8
    Buyens 8.5
    Jackson 7.5
    Cousins 7
    Vetokele 7.5
    Tucudean 8
    Moussa 7
    Wilson. 7.5
  • Options
    Pope 5 Sorry, but the howler for their 2nd was inexcusable. Basic lesson, get your body behind the ball! If the Derby keeper had done it, we'd all be laughing at him.

Gomez 6.5 Thought towards the end he looked tired physically and mentally. But, hey, not bad for a 17 year old playing out of position?

Wiggins 5.5 Who would have thought that he would be our most suspect defender at the start of the season?

Bikey 7 Not as dominating in the 1st half, but got stronger as the game went on. Awesomely powerful.

Ben Haim 7.5 Seems to always arrive at the right place at the right time. Great distribution from the back, and he and Wilson helped with Gomez' debut.

Gudmundsson 8 Looks a class act. Just enough pace to worry defences, and when he changes wing, it's hard to tell which is his best position. I think when one of his shots goes in, he could score a hatfull.

Buyens 8 Another non stop performance in the engine room. One of the best penalties you're ever likely to see.

Jackson 9 - MOTM. Immense performance. In the 2nd half particularly. Tackled, blocked, and sometimes looked like a 3rd striker. Jacko at his very best.

Cousins 7 Great assist for the 1st goal. He lost his way a little in the 2nd half, but I wonder if it is due to the fact that Wiggins is not performing that well behind him?

Vetokele 7.5 Needs to take a deep breath sometimes. He snatches at chances sometimes, and could have had a hat-trick with a bit more composure. You have to admire his work rate, though. Makes most of his chances single handedly.

Tucudean 7 Unplayable for 45 minutes. A cracking goal, and mesmerising skill for the penalty. I have thought there was a very skillful player there, but wasn't match fit. I hope the injury is not serious.

Moussa 6.5 Finds space between midfield and defence very well. Two footed, which is a major bonus. Considering his reputation for spectacular, I have been disappointed with his shooting.

Wilson 6.5 Comes on, and we immediately look more solid. Hard to see him starting the way our midfield looks at present. But a great option on the bench. Helped Joe get through the last 15-20 minutes, when he was struggling a little.
  • Options
    Pope 6
    Gomez 7
    Ben Haim 8
    Wiggins 7
    Bikey 8
    Gudmudsson 7
    Buyens 8
    Jackson 7
    Cousins 8
    Vetokele 8
    Tucudean 7
    Moussa 7
    Wilson 8
  • Options
    Pope 4 - Shocking mistake
    Gomez 7 - Steady Debut
    Wiggins 7 - Improved performance
    Bikey 8 - Intimidating (Martin bottled it)
    Ben Haim 8 - Reliable
    Gudmundsson 7 - Quick & Lively
    Buyens 8.5 (MoM) - La Regista
    Jackson 7 - Industrious
    Cousins 7 - Shooting Star
    Vetokele 8 - A real handful
    Tucudean 8 - Improved performance also

Moussa 6 - calm down!!
    Wilson 7 - Reliable pro
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Pope 5
    Gomez 7
    Wiggins 6.5
    Bikey 8
    Ben Haim 8
    Gudmundsson 7.5
    Buyens 8
    Jackson 7
    Cousins 7
    Vetokele 8
    Tucudean 8
    Moussa 6.5
    Wilson 8
  • Options
    Pope - 4.5 Bad mistake, targeted by Derby
    Gomez - 7 - So tough to get round, really impressive
    Wiggins - 6.5 - Defended well, gave the ball away numerous times looking for forward passes
    Bikey - 7.5 - Great in the air, good on the floor
    Ben Haim - 8 - Thought he communicated brilliantly with Pope, constantly talking to him
    Gudmundsson - 7.5 - Classy
    Buyens - 8 - Faded a little towards end of the second half, but was brilliant. Moving the ball much more quickly
    Jackson - 8.5 MOM - Brilliant.
    Cousins - 7 - Covers Wiggo well who's not be brilliant thus far. Still provided a great attacking threat
    Vetokele - 7 - Looked exhausted by the end. Not his best, but still scored
    Tucudean - 8 - Fantastic first goal
    Moussa - 6.5 - Needed that extra body in midfield. Linked with Veto well
    Wilson - 7.5 - Brilliant when he came on. Steadied us and provided a threat of his own

Fox n/a
  • Options
    Pope 4 - I'm sure he'll bounce back but he was poor today. Kicking let him down and then the howler for the goal.
    Gomez 7 - Looked comfortable on the ball and some tidy interceptions.
    Wiggins 6.5 - Decent game.
    Bikey 7.5 - Absolute rock, has a good partnership with TBH.
    Ben Haim 7.5 - This guy is gonna be a very good player for us.
    Gudmundsson 7.5 - First half excellent, clever footballer as well.
    Buyens 8 - Tidy in possession, strong in the tackle and can take a pen. Quality player.
    Jackson 7.5 - As soon as i begin to doubt Jacko he has a great game.
    Cousins 6.5 - Good ball for the goal.
    Vetokele 7 - Dangerous player who looks lethal in this division.
    Tucudean 7.5 - Good finish and good plowing run for the goal.
    Moussa 6.5 - Some nice touches.
    Wilson 6.5 - No major impact on the game.
  • Options
    Pope 6 I thought he look very nervous in the second half, always seemed in two minds whether to stay or come, then there was the goal.
    Gomez 7 Good league debut, got a little rocky mid part of second half. 90 min concentration will come with game time.
    Wiggins 7 Looking better, some good interceptions, some wayward passes
    Bikey 8 The rock against which many Derby attacks broke down against.
    Ben Haim 8 Same as above, a promising pairing, together with JG and RW, the back four restricted Derby to long range shooting.
    Gudmundsson 7 Very busy, some good passes, just like to see a bit more from him getting behind the back four.
    Buyens 8.5 Superb, did all the disruptive work that the CD did with the passing and control of a CM
    Jackson 7.5 Playing well so far this season, Buyens however shows what JJ lacks
    Cousins 7.5 Get the hang of this wide role, gets better by the game
    Vetokele 7 Unlucky, bit wasteful, real handful, will surely score regularly on this kind of form
    Tucudean 7.5 Less in your face than Igor, his goal will be the first of at least 12, IMO
    Moussa 7 Another live wire, didn't really quite get into it
    Wilson 7 Did a good job when he came on. It shows how far we have come. He was one of our best last year, playing well this year, but can't get a start
  • Options
    Pope - 6
    Gomez - 7.5
    Wiggins - 6
    Bikey - 8
    Ben Haim - 7.5
    Gudmundsson - 8.5
    Buyens - 9
    Jackson - 9
    Cousins - 7
    Vetokele - 7
    Tucudean - 7
    Moussa - 7
    Wilson - 7
  • Options

Pope 4 - I'm sure he'll bounce back but he was poor today. Kicking let him down and then the howler for the goal.
    Buyens 8 - Tidy in possession, strong in the tackle and can take a pen. Quality player.

Agree with your comments, except that without Wilson's nice touch on to Igor, the third goal wouldn't have happened. I'd call that a 'major impact'. Just saying.
  • Options
    Pope 5 hopefully he'll put the howler down to experience
    Gomez 7 very decent debut - childish booking but he'll learn
    Wiggins 6.5 better than saturday
    Bikey 7
    Ben Haim 7
    Gudmundsson 6.5 faded away 2nd half especially when on left
    Buyens 6.5
    Jackson 9 MOM immense in new role as spoiler and disrupter of oppo midfield
    Cousins 6 wide left ain't his manor - yet
    Vetokele 8 busy strong creative
    Tucudean 5.5 took goal and earned pen very well but barely featured in other 43 minutes
    Moussa 6.5 getting better with games and we need the depth
    Wilson 6 team better balanced with him on right and his flick on for goal was great and obviously what he intended and not a mis-hit at all ;)
  • Options
    Pope 5
    Gomez 6.5
    Wiggins 6.5
    Bikey 7.5
    Ben Haim7.5
    Gudmundsson 8
    Buyens 7.5
    Jackson 7
    Cousins 6.5
    Vetokele 8
    Tucudean 8
    Moussa 7
    Wilson 7
  • Options
    Peter_G said:

Agree with your comments, except that without Wilson's nice touch on to Igor, the third goal wouldn't have happened. I'd call that a 'major impact'. Just saying.
    To be honest forgot about that but yeah you're right.
  • Options
    Pope - 6 - Bad mistake every keeper does this once.
    Gomez - 7 - Just drifted inside too much.
    Wiggins - 6- Better but still the weakest link, looks nervous.
    Bikey - 8- Great again had one of the toughest tests he will have all season
    Ben Haim - 8 - Great again had one of the toughest tests he will have all season, my surprise signing of the season.
    Gudmundsson - 8 - What a prospect he is, just give him the ball more.
    Buyens - 9 - MOM by a mile, just class.
    Jackson - 7 - better display
    Cousins - 7 - Still not helping out at the back enough for me.
    Vetokele - 8 - Worked tirelessly, hes gonna be a Valley fav.
    Tucudean - 8 - The gorgeous one was MOM for first half, great strike and caused agg.
    Moussa - 7 - Still not totally fit, but again worked well with Igor
    Wilson - 8 - He used to be shite but now he's more than alright.

BP - 10/10 again, great to see him going potty when we started playing too deep just before they scored, he sorted it during half time. Good pro-active subs.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Pope 5
    Gomez 8
    Wiggins 6.5
    Bikey 8
    Ben Haim 7.5
    Gudmundsson 8.5
    Buyens 8
    Jackson 7
    Cousins 6.5
    Vetokele 7.5
    Tucudean 7.5
    Moussa 7
    Wilson 7
  • Options
    Pope - 6
    Gomez - 7
    Wiggins - 6
    Bikey - 7.5
    Ben Haim - 7.5
    Gudmundsson - 7.5
    Buyens - 8
    Jackson - 7
    Cousins - 6.5
    Vetokele - 7
    Tucudean - 7
    Moussa - 7
    Wilson - 6.5
  • Options
    Pope 6
    Gomez 8
    Wiggins 7
    Bikey 8.5
    Ben Haim 8
    Gudmundsson 8
    Jackson 7
    Buyens 8
    Cousins 7
    Vetokele 8
    Tucudean 8
    Moussa 7
    Wilson 7
  • Options
    Pope - 6 the lad felt the pressure tonight, understandably.
    Gomez - 7.5 grew into the game, looked confident at the end.
    Wiggins - 6.5 disappointing, sucked in narrow too much
    Bikey - 8 I really like this CB pairing
    Ben Haim - 8
    Gudmundsson - 8 exciting player, uses the ball well just needs to catch a screamer
    Buyens - 8.5 intelligent quality player, so glad we have him
    Jackson - 7.5 great second half, not the best first 45
    Cousins - 6 the lad looked tired tonight, not good 3 games in
    Vetokele - 7.5 should have scored again, had great chance.
    Tucudean - 8 getting better, good goal, good work for the pen
    Moussa - 7 needs to bring his shooting boots
    Wilson - 7 I'm sure he was trying to score with that "flick on" for the 3rd
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Pope-6
    Gomez-7.5
    Wiggins-8.5
    Bikey-8
    Ben Haim-8
    Gudmundsson-8
    Buyens-9 (MOM)
    Jackson-8.5
    Cousins-6.5
    Vetokele-8
    Tucudean-8
    Moussa-7.5
    Wilson-7.5
  • Options
    Pope - 5
    Gomez - 8
    Wiggins - 7
    Bikey - 8
    Ben Haim - 8
    Gudmundsson - 7
    Buyens- 8
    Jackson - 8
    Cousins - 7
    Vetokele - 6
    Tucudean - 7
    Moussa - 7
    Wilson - 6
  • Options

Pope 6 Will come back stronger
    Gomez 8 Class act cant wait to more of him
    Wiggins 7.5 Better than Wigan game
    Bikey 9 Solid
    Ben Haim 9 Solid
    Gudmundsson 8.5 Excellent passing and movement
    Buyens 8.5 improving with every game good penalty to put us ahead just before half time
    Jackson 8 Much improved captains performance
    Cousins 7.5 started well faded in the 2nd half
    Vetokele 8 Well deserved goal a little concerned with 1 on 1 situations
    Tucudean 8.5 good finish will do confidence good
    Moussa 8 composure 1st touch is amazing
    Wilson 7.5 Does what wilson does best run!
  • Options
    My first game of the season (well I saw the Brentford match via the web):

Pope - 6.5 - Other than that one mistake, for which I feel he is being way to harshly judged by people on here, he was pretty good. Made some good saves in the first half and caught/punched every cross with a 100% success rate

Gomez - 7.5 - So weird seeing someone you played with football at secondary school doing a more than solid job at right back for Charlton. He'll be even better at centre back but was more than capable on the right.

Wiggins - 7 - Looked a bit off the pace but defended very well

Bikey - 8 - An absolute beast, won everything in the air and on the ground

Ben Haim - 8 - Same as Bikey, organised and rallied everyone, also noticed he kept talking to and encouraging Pope even after his mistake, which was great to see.

Gudmundsson - 8 - Fast and clever, created space for himself all night, hardly misplaced a pass either.

Buyens - 8 - Broke up play and did all the simple things really well.

Jackson - 8.5 - Started slowly but got stronger as the game went on, went for every tackle and was 100% committed the whole game, he's still got it. Brilliant cross for Igor's goal to (MOTM)

Cousins - 7 - Started off very brightly and this was shown by his great pass to Tucudean for the opener, however after that he faded and drifted in and out of the game

Vetokele - 8 - Caused Derby problems all night and got his well deserved goal. Could've scored more though!!! Was good to see that he creates opportunities for himself as well

Tucudean - 8 - Great goal, not seen a turn and finish like that for years. And he turned Derby's defense inside-out for him to win the penalty, shame he got injured

Moussa - 7 - Looked tricky, again caused Derby problems but he wasn't clinical/quick enough with his decision making in the final third

Wilson - 7.5 - Does what he does best, just bombed up and down the right flank as soon as he was on, brilliant glancing header to set up Igor
  • Options
    Pope 5
    Gomez 8
    Wiggins 6
    Bikey 7
    Ben Haim 7
    Gudmundsson 7
    Buyens 8
    Jackson 7
    Cousins 6
    Vetokele 7
    Tucudean 7
    Moussa 6
    Wilson 6
  • Options
    Pope- 5. Some good some not so good. Poor distribution and exudes a lack of confidence when the ball is on the ground. Despite his cock-up he didn't hide
    Gomez -7. Only just turned 17??? Calm under pressure and improved as the game progressed. Not surprising that he passed square and back a lot. It was his league debut! Let's hope we hang onto Joe for longer than Poyet
    Wiggins -5. Rhoys allowed himself to get dragged too far across (did the same Saturday), leaving acres of open space behind him and didn't check to see where his opponent was.
    Bikey - 7.5. 'You shall not pass' is his motto. Great to see him attack the ball in the air too.
    Ben Haim - 7.5 Superb understanding with Bikey and brings the ball out of defence superbly. Started the first goal with just such a move.
    Gudmundsson -7. Better (IMO) than Saturday. Not only a brilliant turn and pass to Cousins leading to our opener but linked better well with Gomez and did a sterling job when switched to the left.
    Buyens - 8. Strong in the tackle and a keen eye for a pass. Already turning in some impressive performances
    Jackson - 7. This was more like the JJ of old. Some timely tackles and fine control. Showed all his coolness when chipping the ball back for Igor's goal. Well done Cap'n!!
    Cousins - 6. Marked on his play but to his detriment as he is a central midfielder. Nevertheless he put in a stint and IMO performed better than on Saturday
    Vetokele - 7.5. Fast, aggressive, strong in the air - he worried the shit out of Derby's defenders. His goal was a fair reward for his performance.
    Tucudean - 7. Interesting foil for Igor. Nice touch and a wonderful goal. Lacks a bit of pace but a better performance than Saturday so there is more to come
    Moussa -6.5. How fortunate that when we sub, it isn't Spongefoot but Frank, a real goal threat.
    Wilson -6.5. Lawrie can consider himself unlucky not to start but for CAFC, what a great player to be able to bring on! Solid defensively and powerful running going forward. Headed assist for Igor shows his value to the side