Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Valley Atmosphere

I have missed the first two home games at the valley but will be back for the next one so I was just wondering what's the atmosphere like the feel around the stadium is it positive or negative.

Comments

• Options
    Can't wait until the next home game; real ale and a great chicken balti pie; oh and the football. I thought the atmosphere was great although size of crowd disappointing. Nice when we drowned out the strong contingent of Derby fans on "When I was young". "Peeters Red Army" rang out and it was good to see him ackowledge the fans at the end of the game in all 3 stands. If we play like this the atmosphere will only get better. You'll love it.
  • Options
    To be honest, I thought the Valley was like a morgue for most of the game and it was only Derby fans making any noise. It livened up at 3-1, but if you aren't going to cheer when you're 3-1 up, when are you?!

Also, how you can know that anyone was outsinging anyone when both sets of fans are singing the same song I'm not sure!
  • Options
    I thought it was excellent last night.
  • Options
    Usually our worst crowds (numbers wise) of the season (games 1 and 2), unless we have been continually crap as in the last two seasons.
  • Options
    Not much different from before really.
  • Options
    North stand did their bit, A block were heard too. I sat in upper west and don't think I will again, some decent people to have a chat with but if you get in with the chants it seems like some people get offended/think you're too loud. I don't get why east and west stand people don't get as loud, some people didn't even stand up when we scored...

• Options

North stand did their bit, A block were heard too. I sat in upper west and don't think I will again, some decent people to have a chat with but if you get in with the chants it seems like some people get offended/think you're too loud. I don't get why east and west stand people don't get as loud, some people didn't even stand up when we scored...

Their cobwebs fall off!
  • Options

i dont understand going to a football match and not chanting/cheering when we score. It's part of the experience.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I remember from my season ticket days in the West Upper Brazil. When we scored, once I'd securely screw fastened my flask of Bovril, extracted myself from the tightly tucked in tartan blanket, made sure I hadn't guillotined my leg on my walking frame and retrieved my hot water bottle from the bloke sitting in front, the players were back in their own half and the oppo were just about to kick off...
  • Options
    I think the atmosphere was stronger before A block was around to be honest.
  • Options
    It was a bit weird both sets of fans singing the same song though!
  • Options
    Ah well the celebrating is not for everyone I guess, just surprised that even when we scored a few some people still didn't get involved. I also heard a couple of people moaning despite us beating one of the favourites.

Think I'll sit in North next game, never actually watched a football game from that view.
  • Options
    I almost lost my voice last night so was loud from my point of view lol
  • Options
    Decent - massive improvement having a vocal section down the away end in addition to the Covered End.
  • Options
    The atmosphere will never sound decent until you get the home fans back in the Jimmy Seed. A thousand people singing in the North generates about the same acoustic levels as a couple of blokes standing chatting to each other in the South.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    crewton said:

To be honest, I thought the Valley was like a morgue for most of the game and it was only Derby fans making any noise. It livened up at 3-1, but if you aren't going to cheer when you're 3-1 up, when are you?!

Also, how you can know that anyone was outsinging anyone when both sets of fans are singing the same song I'm not sure!

I just don't get this one, I thought the atmosphere was cracking for most of the game. It was rocking in the north upper - where do you sit??
  • Options
    bbob said:

crewton said:

I just don't get this one, I thought the atmosphere was cracking for most of the game. It was rocking in the north upper - where do you sit??
    I thought this too, atmosphere in north upper was great with only a couple minor lulls. I then realised crewton is a derby fan..
  • Options
    I'm in singapore so that just be it.
  • Options
    Get the choir downstairs in the West end of the North lower. Be like the old days and right in the face of the opposition as they come on/off pitch. Sound will carry better too!
  • Options
    crewton said:

You must be hard of hearing Crewton!
  • Options

Decent - massive improvement having a vocal section down the away end in addition to the Covered End.

would be even better if everyone was down in the north lower.

• Options
    Was dead in the home stands last season when we played there. Hopefully getting a few 150 quid season ticket holders in will add to the atmosphere this season. Suppose it doesn't help when you give away so many tickets to neutrals.
  • Options

Was dead in the home stands last season when we played there. Hopefully getting a few 150 quid season ticket holders in will add to the atmosphere this season. Suppose it doesn't help when you give away so many tickets to neutrals.

So what brings you to a rival (yes, rival otherwise you wouldn't be here) forum at 9.30pm?

Secret Charlton lover.
  • Options

So what brings you to a rival (yes, rival otherwise you wouldn't be here) forum at 9.30pm?

Secret Charlton lover.
    Never denied you was a rival. Just not a very important one.