Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Press Day Today (24th Aug, page 31)

Comments

• Options

How are none of them potentially fit to start? If they are available they must be fit to start. Watt hasnt been out that long, Igor has played c70 mins v Wolves.

As for Makienok - if he is available then he must be over his hamstring strain. He has only been out for 2 weeks so cant have lost match fitness that quickly.

Igor was certainly not fit enough to play 70 mins against Wolves. Only came on early due to injury to Big Mak. Hoped he might be fit enough by now though.
    "Quickly spoke to Igor Vetokele who missed training due to being ill."
  • Options
    That Guy Luzon - he's a card.......!
  • Options

How are none of them potentially fit to start? If they are available they must be fit to start. Watt hasnt been out that long, Igor has played c70 mins v Wolves.

As for Makienok - if he is available then he must be over his hamstring strain. He has only been out for 2 weeks so cant have lost match fitness that quickly.

Personally, I'm pleased Luzon doesn't tell the opposition our line up. It's completely foolish to do so.

Why give them an advantage before the game kicks off ?
    Obviously if that's the reason then great. Makes perfect sense.
  • Options
    edited September 2015

“Igor didn’t train as he is sick,” Luzon said. “Cristian Ceballos is still injured; Simon Makienok trained for the first time today. “Tony Watt is available to play.

Read more at: http://www.london24.com/sport/football/clubs/charlton/guy_luzon_gives_injury_update_on_tony_watt_stephen_henderson_and_igor_vetokele_1_4227899
    Copyright © LONDON24
  • Options
    Try and keep your knickers on everybody.
  • Options
    Had Wales beaten Israel they'd have gone up to Fourth in the World?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/34202247
  • Options

“Igor didn’t train as he is sick,” Luzon said. “Cristian Ceballos is still injured; Simon Makienok trained for the first time today. “Tony Watt is available to play.

Read more at: http://www.london24.com/sport/football/clubs/charlton/guy_luzon_gives_injury_update_on_tony_watt_stephen_henderson_and_igor_vetokele_1_4227899
    Copyright © LONDON24

Ok - so Tony Watt is fit, Igor should be fit, Big Mak only trained for the first time today, so I guess he may be on the bench?
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    The Addicks missed out on two players on transfer deadline day, including Wolves winger James Henry after their improved second offer was rejected. Luzon however is keen to get at least one more, preferably two, in as soon as possible to give their midfield more of a spark. “Whether we are disappointed or not (that Charlton missed out on deadline day signings), I hope we will sign a new player this week or next week,” Luzon said. “We have a good squad but a short squad. We need a minimum of another player to help us. I hope we will get that done. “We need another attacking midfielder as we are short in that area. “I don’t know whether it will happen before the weekend or not, if we sign some players they won’t be ready for Saturday anyway. “Maybe we can get a loan from the Premier League, we have a few candidates and we hope in the next week we will have another player.” Luzon has key men such as Igor Vetokele, Tony Watt and Stephen Henderson returning from injury to bolster his squad.

Read more at: http://www.london24.com/sport/football/clubs/charlton/charlton_boss_reveals_addicks_loan_plans_as_new_signing_expected_in_the_next_week_1_4227947
    Copyright © LONDON24
  • Options
    I hope that we can sign a new player this week or next. We have a good squad but a short squad, and we need a couple more to help us.

“We need another attacking midfielder because we have a lack of players in this position. We have some candidates and I hope that we will have one by this time next week.”

Read more at http://www.cafc.co.uk/news/article/charlton-athletic-guy-luzon-press-conference-rotherham-2679562.aspx#EZ7RTLHlDWFyZzvt.99
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Glad to see Luzon stressing our need for an extra player or two.
  • Options
    We have two games in pretty quick succession, with players at various different levels of readiness. It is absolutely right to weigh up the pros and cons thinking about both matches rather than only the Rotherham game.
  • Options
    Greenie said:

That Guy Luzon - he's a card.......!

He's our ACE.
    Not our Joker.

• Options
    Could Guy be looking at any players from Bournemouth, I wonder.....

:wink:
  • Options

Could Guy be looking at any players from Bournemouth, I wonder.....

:wink:

Just the two.
  • Options

Igor was certainly not fit enough to play 70 mins against Wolves. Only came on early due to injury to Big Mak. Hoped he might be fit enough by now though.
    The sicknote is dead,

Long live the sicknote.

• Options
    I don't think Igor is up for the fight personally

Injured, injured, poorly sick for training....not a gladiatorial record.
  • Options

The sicknote is dead,

Long live the sicknote.

Would you get out of bed in the morning with his Mrs warm and snug arse pressed up against yer johnson?

"Errr.... Boss, itsss Igor! not coming in today I am feeling dead ruff... " sneeze/cough (optional)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Id be a little worried about Igor considering he's just come back from Africa!!!!
    Quarantine him I say!!!!
  • Options
    Yes why not. Of course it's super likely he has Ebola. Grrr
  • Options
    'Africa'
  • Options

Nothing much of interest from Luzon to be honest. No more loan signings, no new injuries, didn't want to talk Rhodes or defeats. Fun times.

— Brad Pinard (@Brad_Pinard) September 17, 2015
  • Options
    Charlton Athletic FC ‏@CAFCofficial 43m43 minutes ago
    GL: "I'm frustrated, but we have a lot of room to improve." #cafc

Charlton Athletic FC ‏@CAFCofficial 41m41 minutes ago
    GL: "We need to get back to our best. We showed in the first few games what we can do." #cafc

Charlton Athletic FC ‏@CAFCofficial 40m40 minutes ago
    Luzon confirms that there are no fresh injury concerns ahead of Saturday. #cafc

Charlton Athletic FC ‏@CAFCofficial 40m40 minutes ago
    GL: "You cannot judge the league table at this stage. Blackburn a good side and it will be a tough game." #cafc

Charlton Athletic FC ‏@CAFCofficial 38m38 minutes ago
    GL: "We need to come with discipline and passion. If we do that, we will get the points." #cafc
  • Options
    As Simon came off with what seemed like the same problem at Wolves,
    Is guy classing that as an old injury concern not a new one ?

Can't we also have an honest assessment on Igor ?
    Give him a couple of games in the U21 to get him match fit.
    Is there still a problem with his Achilles ?
    Is it an optical illusion or has he put weight on ? (he was thick set a year ago standing next to him at the bar at Bromley(he was on orange juice)

I/we need to know is there any thing else holding him back, because he was different gravy in the first 10 games last season. since then it's all such an effort for him.

• Options

As Simon came off with what seemed like the same problem at Wolves,
    Is guy classing that as an old injury concern not a new one ?

Can't we also have an honest assessment on Igor ?
    Give him a couple of games in the U21 to get him match fit.
    Is there still a problem with his Achilles ?
    Is it an optical illusion or has he put weight on ? (he was thick set a year ago standing next to him at the bar at Bromley(he was on orange juice)

I/we need to know is there any thing else holding him back, because he was different gravy in the first 10 games last season. since then it's all such an effort for him.

Igor is presently calling everyone 'duck' at Burton whilst JFH has decided to have a swansong at The Valley.

Or not.
  • Options
    When is it today? Isn't it usually 1pm. When is the exclusive KF interview taking place?
  • Options
    Chizz said:

cabbles said:

When is it today? Isn't it usually 1pm. When is the exclusive KF interview taking place?

As soon as they have got rid of all media
    lmfao Chizz - very good