Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Press Day Today (24th Aug, page 31)

Comments

• Options
    Simonsen said:

Toughen up is probably referring to mentality, especially with two away games coming up. And also in terms of being organised so as not to concede.

And not constantly getting life threatening injuries
  • Options
    Who's LT?
  • Options
    _nam11 said:

Who's LT?

Lost in Translation
  • Options

From the written version he knows the team and division, he's been watching us (on video?) And talks about Boro like he's heard of them.

I said this the other day. He wasn't at Hamme to manage them. He was there to wait.
  • Options

Here we go again. Another 6 months another manager. And guess what. He's making all the right noises .And a bonus,he actually speaks English!
    Next, Katrien and the club telling us we need to give this fella a chance. We need to be patient. Give him time to work his magic. Yada yada yada..

Well we've heard it all before Katrien.
    The last fans in the world you should be telling to be patient, give him a chance, shut up and be quiet is the Charlton fan. We've had enough. We've been taken for mugs for far too long.
    We will sit and suffer in silence no more.

Hope you're ready x

Hope you're ready....hilarious

You don't know who you're dealing with KM / RD !
  • Options
    Heard it all before. Bla bla bla bla bla.
  • Options
    edited October 2015

30 odd seconds in he says "red wires" ... Anyone know what he means
    Comes across a nice bloke but he's got a "tough" job on his hands

Red wires: I know what he means ... (lol). "the common thread". Actually, we're laughing our ass off, whenever we here Louis Van Gaal translating some typical Dutch expressions into English. It's usually all over the Dutch/Flemish media. I'm afraid this is the first one done by KF. If only someone could tell him ... (LVG couldn't care less though ... ).
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited October 2015

If Luzon or Peters had given that interview I'd have been happy and would have praised them. I'm affraid I'm too far gone with Roly and Co. It reads as contrived rubbish. Feels like someone has picked through all criticisms levied and addressed them one by one:

What does he know about the Championship? - check
    What does he know about our next opponents? - check
    Does he understand the club and its history? - sort of check
    Appease supporters with known face (Euell) and big him up - check
    Will the players respect him? - check

I don't see the cynicism going away anytime soon and I still don't want him or his master anywhere near the club.

Hang on, if someone had deliberately told him to answer like that, why would you be happy with Peeters etc doing a interview like that?

Slightly Contradicted yourself there.
  • Options
    skywalker said:

Red wires: I know what he means ... (lol). "the common thread". Actually, we're laughing are ass off, whenever we here Louis Van Gaal translating some typical Dutch expressions into English. It's usually all over the Dutch/Flemish media. I'm afraid this is the first one done by KF. If only someone could tell him ... (LVG couldn't care less though ... ).
    sorry , what did he mean "we had some red wires we worked with"
  • Options
    _nam11 said:

Who's LT?

Lee Turner, the goalkeeping coach?
  • Options

skywalker said:

Red wires: I know what he means ... (lol). "the common thread". Actually, we're laughing are ass off, whenever we here Louis Van Gaal translating some typical Dutch expressions into English. It's usually all over the Dutch/Flemish media. I'm afraid this is the first one done by KF. If only someone could tell him ... (LVG couldn't care less though ... ).
    sorry , what did he mean "we had some red wires we worked with"
    Apparently, "they/the club/the players/KF " established some main issues to adress. So they do lots of different stuff for one main goal. It could be fitness, tactics, a certain system ...
  • Options
    skywalker said:

Are ass ¿
  • Options
    He speaks so well and is able to be knowledgeable about us, the Championship, our opponents and the players etc.... I wonder why they did not just do a press conference in front of the media?
  • Options
    Macronate said:

wish him all the best.

this debacle is not his fault.

He is part of the debacle.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Leuth said:

God I can't wait for all this to be over so I can stop halfheartedly agreeing with PL45

You know I speak sense, not hysteria. You may also soon realise that in the scheme of things this doesn't matter.
  • Options
    sorry PL54, "our ass" : I stand corrected.
  • Options
    kentred2 said:

Macronate said:

wish him all the best.

how?

by association?
  • Options
    He's certainly easier on the ear than Luzon. I will give him that.
  • Options

If Luzon or Peters had given that interview I'd have been happy and would have praised them. I'm affraid I'm too far gone with Roly and Co. It reads as contrived rubbish. Feels like someone has picked through all criticisms levied and addressed them one by one:

What does he know about the Championship? - check
    What does he know about our next opponents? - check
    Does he understand the club and its history? - sort of check
    Appease supporters with known face (Euell) and big him up - check
    Will the players respect him? - check

I don't see the cynicism going away anytime soon and I still don't want him or his master anywhere near the club.

Hang on, if someone had deliberately told him to answer like that, why would you be happy with Peeters etc doing a interview like that?

Slightly Contradicted yourself there.
    The point being if Roly hadn't alienated me so much it wouldn't have crossed my mind (or bothered me) that the other two had been coached.
  • Options
    Good interview I thought. Sounded to me like he's been watching our games regularly, not unexpected seeing as he has been waiting in the wings for a while now. I was more impressed with that interview than any with Peeters or Luzon and I know hope he can deliver. Good luck Karel and 100% support from me.
  • Options
    Macronate said:

kentred2 said:

Macronate said:

wish him all the best.

how?

by association?
    I think so. He is part of the clique at the heart of RDs madness
  • Options

From the written version he knows the team and division, he's been watching us (on video?) And talks about Boro like he's heard of them.

He's saying the right things, has got Euell in and spoke well about Jase, he's talking up the players too.

Things like "toughen up" don't really mean much to me. All teams are tough but they also have to be talented.

Bottom line is that they are words. Well crafted, positive words but we've had similar from Luzon and Peters.

He has to be judged on results over a few months if he lasts that long.

I would hope he has seen a recording of the last few Boro matches & has a report on last nights game. Otherwise we really are struggling.
  • Options
    i think we can all be picky and find fault but i take some comfort from that video. He comes across well and i like the idea of getting our players to enjoy their football as this can help enormously. Whether that'll be enough we'll have to wait and see!
    Tough games to start though
  • Options
    He mentioned that he was at the club LAST week, a bit of backstabbing going on here methinks.

He then comes out with that he reckons he has seen ALL our games since he went back to Belgium in May 2014, load of s***.