Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Press Day Today (24th Aug, page 31)

Comments

• Options
    Murray Burnell ‏@Murray_Burnell 31m31 minutes ago
    Karel Fraeye tells @BBCLondonSport that Bournemouth are unwilling to let Yann Kermorgant leave. #CAFC
  • Options

Murray Burnell ‏@Murray_Burnell 31m31 minutes ago
    Karel Fraeye tells @BBCLondonSport that Bournemouth are unwilling to let Yann Kermorgant leave. #CAFC

Go back again in January then... Makes sense them not sending him on loan at the moment because of the Callum Wilson injury
  • Options

Murray Burnell ‏@Murray_Burnell 30m30 minutes ago
    Fraeye also says "in football, every manager is an interim manager. It's only a title". #CAFC

Nice to see the bollox and bullshit running through every management level of our club.
  • Options
    Don't miss the comedy sketches particularly the Monty Python's, very interesting reference to Belgians !
  • Options
    jams said:

seth plum said:

I have just watched the whole nearly 12 minute press day interview.
    My main conclusion is that Karel Freye has written off the Sheffield Wednesday game. he repeatedly went on about making evaluations which come after the Wednesday game and the two week international break will (presumably) be a chance to get the players fit and conditioned and then he will take it from there.

Lots of talk about working hard and wanting it, put me in mind that bit of a singer with no talent pleading with the X Factor Judges that they will really really work hard because they really really want it, they just want to be given a chance. Having nothing credible to back up a work ethic and a desire to win, such as some kind of talent, some sense of organisation, some sense of purpose, some sense of context is what seems to be lacking.
    We are clearly going to virtually play a makeshift team....and it was very telling when Karel was contemplating the player availability problem said we will have eleven players on the pitch, and seven substitutes, and we will have that all season.
    That being about it, fulfil the obligation to list a starting eleven, and list the subs and that will suffice to meet the demands of the competition.
    It was also telling that when describing the Middlesbrough performance as terrible, he went on to say 'we didn't expect that'. Ahem oh really? So you watch all our games, pour over the statistics, have the data telling you what to expect, pick the team from the eleven plus seven, and surprise surprise it didn't work.
    Never mind we'll think up a cunning plan during the international break.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AsXKS8Nyu8Q

We lose tomorrow and Fraeye will be gone, so he'll be on an extended break.
    Not too sure about that...

Edit - I'm an idiot, interpreted gone in the wrong way
    Hmmm, I reckon I wrote that before the Wednesday game.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    They are a team that performs very well away from home. They struggle a bit at home and, as I have read from their manager, they have a particular style of play that is very organised.

“They have a lot of pace on the counter attack and I think we know how the game will develop. As a home team, people expect you to be more dominant and go for the wins but they always play in a similar way, whether that be home or away, and it is working for them.”

Eh
  • Options

They are a team that performs very well away from home. They struggle a bit at home and, as I have read from their manager, they have a particular style of play that is very organised.

“They have a lot of pace on the counter attack and I think we know how the game will develop. As a home team, people expect you to be more dominant and go for the wins but they always play in a similar way, whether that be home or away, and it is working for them.”

Eh

• Options
    Calm, confident and appears in control.
  • Options
    I must say I rather like him.
  • Options
    i suppose the bottom line is that it's not his fault is it. He's hardly likely to have knocked back the chance of managing us (even as interim). You might argue that he has been behind some pretty odd signings for us but are we 100% certain he's completely to blame ? Again it's not really his fault he's walked into a shitstorm either.

I think he was the wrong choice for anything other than short term caretaker but since he's here I wish him well.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

i suppose the bottom line is that it's not his fault is it. He's hardly likely to have knocked back the chance of managing us (even as interim). You might argue that he has been behind some pretty odd signings for us but are we 100% certain he's completely to blame ? Again it's not really his fault he's walked into a shitstorm either.

I think he was the wrong choice for anything other than short term caretaker but since he's here I wish him well.

In time, how short I do not know, I think we will see he is out of his depth.
  • Options

In time, how short I do not know, I think we will see he is out of his depth.
    Depends how quickly he grasps the job and whether the team are on board with him.

• Options

Eh

Huh?
  • Options
    Anyone is a step up from Luzon.
  • Options

Who also shouldn't have been appointed in the first place. The same as Peeters, and the same as Fraeye.
  • Options

Who also shouldn't have been appointed in the first place. The same as Peeters, and the same as Fraeye.
    But they happened, he happened ... Support the team and he manager, not the owners.
  • Options
    edited November 2015

Karel Fraeye tells @BBCLondonSport that Bournemouth are unwilling to let Yann Kermorgant leave

Go back again in January then... Makes sense them not sending him on loan at the moment because of the Callum Wilson injury

and unlike us they are a well run club