Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Press Day Today (24th Aug, page 31)

Comments

• Options
    "I cannot influence them...."

Yes you can Carol old son, by packing your bags and doing one. That would have a very positive influence on all of us I would say.....
  • Options
    “I really hope that our home games are home games and that benefits the players."
  • Options
    shirty5 said:

The Gudmundsson comment could be the end of him (if he hasn't gone before) if Johann goes this transfer window.

I think Roly will do his best to keep him until after the Euros. If he has a good tournament it could be a money spinner.
  • Options
    Just watched it. Same old same old, Karel is less chipper than he usually is on these ones.
    It looks to me as if Bauer and Kashi will not play again this season. No mention of Moussa who remains a mystery. Igor playing 45 mins on Tuesday was mentioned (some kind of shop window I was thinking), and Diarra is basically injured, apparently in the normal sense as opposed to the Igor sense.
    Fraeye was understandably cagey, but I got the sense he wasn't cagey about letting opponents know anything, but letting us fans know anything, which given the communications diarrhoea of the past couple of days is probably 'politically' wise.

There is only one thing that will say anything from this regime, and that is about 15 league wins, and a trip to Wembley in the cup.

Sometimes I feel sorry for Fraeye watching him, but he has the Roland and Katrien comfort blanket to suck on, which he does enthusiastically.
  • Options
    And why are we in this situation old Grease head? .Because of the puppet master and his puppets .Even if we went the rest of the season I could never except you as our manager now piss off
  • Options
    Where is our regular updates on injuries we were promised by the club
  • Options

"If you’re in the bottom three, it’s impossible to be happy. When I arrived here I wanted to put smiles on the faces of fans..." #cafc

• Options
    Do they usually do one before the day of a match?
  • Options

shirty5 said:

The Gudmundsson comment could be the end of him (if he hasn't gone before) if Johann goes this transfer window.

I think Roly will do his best to keep him until after the Euros. If he has a good tournament it could be a money spinner.
    What did JBG say then, I must have missed it.

• Options
    edited January 2016
    PL54 said:

PRESSDAY: We will have live updates from today's pressday with Bob Peeters coming your way at around 1pm #cafc

Sorry.....not too sure who is in charge at the moment.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Do they usually do one before the day of a match?

Not normally for a midweek game. Only normally do them on a Thursday although that will be changing over to Wednesdays at some point soon.
  • Options
    Pinocchio is making a statement shortly, when she's finished taking her curlers out.
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    What a statement! Lowlights...Her offer of personal sex tours on the centre circle may bring in the punters but be warned Karel fills in for her on a Monday and Thursday afternoon...
  • Options
    So today then, no?
  • Options

So today then, no?

I believe they have said it will be Friday from now on
  • Options
    Can we throw out some questions we'd like to see answered if riga is there @LouisMend ? Worth a punt :)
  • Options
    I expect it to be cancelled, but we shall see.
  • Options
    Fairly confident I've seen it reported that there isn't a press day this week.

I'm BBC tomorrow so I'll get to do a post match interview with either Jason Euell or Wim de Corte I'm guessing if Riga doesn't take his place in the dug out (again not entirely sure if he will but the Fraeye sacking piece says that it will be Jason and Wim)
  • Options
    LouisMend said:

I'm BBC tomorrow so I'll get to do a post match interview with either Jason Euell or Wim de Corte I'm guessing if Riga doesn't take his place in the dug out (again not entirely sure if he will but the Fraeye sacking piece says that it will be Jason and Wim)

When have we ever believed what the club statements say though...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    LouisMend said:

I guess you mean the broadcasting organisation and not that you are doing same sex adult videos now.
  • Options
    LouisMend said:

Will all three of you fit into the laundry basket?
  • Options
    Cousins might be fit, Igor too, Jackson out for two weeks, Sonogo's got a bad back and might not play, Motta and Suk-young fit but need match time but as we've got three games in a week they will get some, Riga knows Poyet is a good player and he's in his plans. Team need the fans but up to the team to show something first.
  • Options
    Igor the most frustrating player I can remember, on his you'd argue he's our best player and biggest threat going forward. Looked to be getting back to fitness and against Rotherham I thought that's it he's back, then yet another injury!!
  • Options
    JR: "Yaya Sanogo has been experiencing back pain, so may miss out the next game." #cafc

Charlton Athletic FC ‏@CAFCofficial 49m49 minutes ago
    JR: "We have to adapt to our situation and play the team that fits at that moment." #cafc

Charlton Athletic FC ‏@CAFCofficial 50m50 minutes ago
    JR (on Poyet): "If there's one manager who knows about what a good player Poyet is, it's me. He is part of my future plans." #cafc

Charlton Athletic FC ‏@CAFCofficial 54m54 minutes ago
    JR: "Motta and Suk-Young have good fitness levels. They need game time, but we have three games coming up this week." #cafc

Charlton Athletic FC ‏@CAFCofficial 55m55 minutes ago
    JR: "Cousins is feeling better but, again, we will assess tomorrow." #cafc

JR: "Jacko will be out for around two weeks." #cafc

JR: "Igor has trained, but will be assessed tomorrow. He's close to being completely fit." #cafc

Charlton Athletic FC ‏@CAFCofficial 56m56 minutes ago
    JR: "We face three games a week and have young players so its important for the team to have backup." #caf
    Charlton Athletic FC ‏@CAFCofficial 56m56 minutes ago

JR: (On new signings): "It's important to have backup for each position." #cafc

Charlton Athletic FC ‏@CAFCofficial 57m57 minutes ago
    JR: "We do not have a team without supporters. But we must give first on the pitch." #cafc

Charlton Athletic FC ‏@CAFCofficial 58m58 minutes ago
    JR: "This is not the same situation as last time. My experience will be important, but we must also have new ideas." #cafc

Charlton Athletic FC ‏@CAFCofficial 59m59 minutes ago
    JR: "We need to be efficient defensively and master the game. We've shown in the last game that we are going in the right direction." #cafc

Charlton Athletic FC ‏@CAFCofficial 60m60 minutes ago
    JR: "Our goal difference shows we we need to be better defensively. We've started to build those foundations." #cafc

Charlton Athletic FC ‏@CAFCofficial 1h1 hour ago
    JR: "I don't like statistics or to say how many games we need to win. We must concentrate on the next game." #cafc
  • Options
    Glad we are going to be efficient. Think we've missed that from our game.