Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Press Day Today (24th Aug, page 31)

Comments

• Options
    LuckyReds said:

I really don't want them taking anymore risks with Igor. Next time he comes back in the team he needs to stay in. Another five or six games out could see us dead and buried. Cannot understand why Harriott hasn't been mentioned, he looked as fit as a fiddle v Forest and was a constant threat, with confidence sky high after doing so well at Colchester. I hope being frozen out hasn't ruined all that momentum he returned with.
    Where is Ahmed Kashi?

Kashi was absolutely quality, and I'm prepared to throw it out there that had he remained fit then we wouldn't be in this mess. His role in those first two games was pivotal to our game play, his tackling was superb and he could mop up a lot of threats before they hit our back four and then distribute the ball out wide for counter attacks. (Although, Bauer in the back four also gave us some additional confidence)

As for Harriott, I think I heard someone say he was having a fitness test on the pitch before Cardiff? I didn't see it myself, but that could be a worthy explanation as he looked good against Forest and he looked like he had a good relationship with Riga during the last spell together. I feel gutted for him actually - he came back from a successful loan where he was well received by the fans, played an absolute blinder and seemed to thrive on his newfound confidence... and he's vanished.
    What I saw of Kashi I rated him incredibly highly, and we desperately missing his ability to win the ball and his energy.

Callum was apparently struggling with a knee injury before the Cardiff game and didn't pass a fitness test.
  • Options
    PL54 said:

Oggy Red said:

Riga saying all the right things.

Let's hope the team turn up at Fulham.

We were excellent on the break vs Rotherham and showed signs of it in the last 10 mins on Saturday. I actually think we're better setup right now to play away from home and may find we pick up more points away from SE7. Need to start on Saturday.
    It may be that the support away is better than at home as well. Not necessarily louder but more positive and nobody sitting on their hands until they are allowed to hold up their bit of A4.

Let's see on Saturday.
    Our away form is worse than our home form.

Home: won 3 drawn 7 lost 6
    Away : won 2 drawn 3 lost 10

• Options
    you can see Riga has got us more organised and harder to break down, but the 14 or what ever games they let KF stay has cost us and i think we may just fall short of staying up.

Roland OUT.
  • Options

PL54 said:

Oggy Red said:

We were excellent on the break vs Rotherham and showed signs of it in the last 10 mins on Saturday. I actually think we're better setup right now to play away from home and may find we pick up more points away from SE7. Need to start on Saturday.
    It may be that the support away is better than at home as well. Not necessarily louder but more positive and nobody sitting on their hands until they are allowed to hold up their bit of A4.

Let's see on Saturday.

Another way of looking at it is: we've drawn lots of games at home we needed to win, so maybe our chance will come - on the break- away from home. Turning the stat around, 2 of our magnificent haul of 3 wins since August have come away from home.
  • Options
    It's hard to say whether Igor has been rushed back too soon because he looked really fit in his two games (unlike the previous time he came back). His injury might mean he's now one of those players who can only play the matches and not train too much.
  • Options

PL54 said:

Oggy Red said:

Let's see on Saturday.

It was the negativity of the fans that saw us get spanked by three or more at at Blackburn, Palace, Boro, Burnley, Huddersfield and Hull.
    What a ridiculous insult to the travelling fans.

Anyway, the crowd is only ever at best the 12th man, the other 11 have to pull their weight as well. The manager has to know what he is doing. The owners have to buy the right players at the right time.

• Options
    Uboat said:

We don't use medicals when we make signings these days, so it's a fitness lottery when we sign someone. I heard from a club employee that having signed Sanogo they found out he wouldn't be fit for six weeks.

Seriously? Players we sign haven't undergone a medical?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Uboat said:

We don't use medicals when we make signings these days, so it's a fitness lottery when we sign someone. I heard from a club employee that having signed Sanogo they found out he wouldn't be fit for six weeks.

Well, why would you spend that kind of money???? It's so much better to be known as the nicest footballing rest home in London.

"Cry"
  • Options

Uboat said:

What I was told by a club employee, who seems to know what's going on.
  • Options
    Utterly ridiculous but very little surprises me anymore.
  • Options
    Southbank said:

PL54 said:

Oggy Red said:

Let's see on Saturday.

It was the negativity of the fans that saw us get spanked by three or more at at Blackburn, Palace, Boro, Burnley, Huddersfield and Hull.
    What a ridiculous insult to the travelling fans.

Anyway, the crowd is only ever at best the 12th man, the other 11 have to pull their weight as well. The manager has to know what he is doing. The owners have to buy the right players at the right time.

Whoosh.
  • Options
    Uboat said:

Uboat said:

Surely that would void any insurance?
  • Options

Uboat said:

Uboat said:

Maybe Roland is driving Charlton uninsured?
    Seriously though, it's what I was told and I mentioned it here as it seemed relevant.
  • Options
    Uboat said:

Uboat said:

It is completely shocking that they would sign a player without a medical. What the f@ck are they playing at?!?!

But it would go a long way to explaining why Ms Meire said she didn't know what she was going to get when she signed a player. She really doesn't know!
  • Options

SDAddick said:

Nicholas said:

Igor the 50/50 man. Motta and Suk-Young need game time no shit sherlock. Riga obviously doesnt like Fanni either and Sanogo another player with no match fitness gets game time and is injured straight away. Some old shit different manager same twats running the club. Its so boring and predicatable, and they wonder why were pissed off as fans customers,

Other teams sign loanees and they are straight in the team e.g Watt & Graham at Blackburn, Burke at Rotherham, Tomlin at Bristol City, Ramirez at Boro, Forster-Caskey at MK Dons, etc etc.
    We sign 4 players on loan and none are fit to play, plus Poyet who is largely overlooked. We have no cohesive policy on bringing in players, permanent or loan, and that is a large part of our problem. Shambles.

To be fair, Forster-Caskey was at MK Dons earlier in the year, then went back to Brighton (can't remember if loan ended or if he was injured), and has since gone back.

I really rate him, and he's the type of young player that, if we had a proper scouting network and Director of Football, I'd like to see us get in on loan at the start of a season, with potentially a clause to buy. He is technically very good, has good vision, and a sweet left foot. A midfield three of him, Cousins, and Poyet, although all are barely past 20, sounds like a decent team to me, and JFC and Cousins played at England youth level together.
    Have you heard something regarding Diego's future plans, SD ? Are we likely to be in for him at the end of this season ?

I'm somewhat underwhelmed with the lack of fitness of our incoming ...Really expected more from Jose's wish list, if it was his to start with.

All we can hope is that when we have more bodies available and less on the treatment table, we're still in with a shout of edging away from the relegation zone.

I do have some faith in Jose and by all accounts, he seems once again to have the players on side.He's by far the most able manager of the Belgian contingent , but I fear he's being forced to play several sub standard lads due to the injury situation AGAIN.

If he had all the squad players fit & raring to go at this stage, then I'd be confident in his ability to choose a strong, settled team to do us proud.

We'll be there on Saturday and at PNE on Tuesday evening to cheer on the lads, with fingers & legs crossed too.

Onwards & upwards....hopefully.

You are one inspirational Fanny !
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Missed It said:

Uboat said:

Uboat said:

It is completely shocking that they would sign a player without a medical. What the f@ck are they playing at?!?!

But it would go a long way to explaining why Ms Meire said she didn't know what she was going to get when she signed a player. She really doesn't know!
    That is the rub though isn't it, it is not shocking anymore.

The current owners do not want to spend anymore than they have too, so no medical is a saving. Plus they are showing on a weekly, if not daily basis that they know little about football and how to run a club.
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    Uboat said:

Uboat said:

Uboat said:

Seriously though, it's what I was told and I mentioned it here as it seemed relevant.
    Did you hear that through a third party ?
    Or is that a comprehensive answer from a reliable source.
    No Medicals ?
    That would explain why there are so many disabled stickers on the new players cars.
  • Options

Uboat said:

Uboat said:

Uboat said:

Did you hear that through a third party ?
    Or is that a comprehensive answer from a reliable source.
    No Medicals ?
    That would explain why there are so many disabled stickers on the new players cars.
    The medicals are being done but done on the cheap at the NHS Call centre at The Valley. KM had already made this clear in a street interview which she gave a few weeks ago and which appears on a West Country fans web site.
  • Options
    Igor must be some kind of insurance write off?? It's like you've got a Porsche in the garage but you only paid a grand for it so any more than a Sunday run out and you've got to go back under the bonnet. Sell him for scrap. Get a nice little run-around.
  • Options
    Charlton Athletic FC ‏@CAFCofficial 28m28 minutes ago
    Fans can see Russell Slade's press conference in full later this afternoon. #cafc

RS: "Ricky Holmes is also in contention after a bruised foot." #cafc

RS: "Jacko is still a doubt for Saturday. Novak is back training and could possibly return." #cafc

RS: "I was looking to get one more player in, but I didn't want to press the button on something that wasn't the right fit." #cafc

RS: "We wanted them at the club because they are important to what we want to achieve." #cafc

RS: "We rejected some substantial offers for both Lookman and Fox on deadline day." #cafc

Slade on Ulvestad: "He's a really fit lad. Lots of energy. He improves the group and there's a possibility he could make his debut." #cafc

• Options

Charlton Athletic FC ‏@CAFCofficial 5m5 minutes ago
    PRESS DAY | Assistant Manager Kevin Nugent has arrived... #cafc

Charlton Athletic FC ‏@CAFCofficial 4m4 minutes ago
    KN | "We've been on the training ground and have been getting some really good work in over the last 10 days or so. #cafc

Charlton Athletic FC ‏@CAFCofficial 2m2 minutes ago
    KN | "As a coaching staff, we've had a bit more time to really have a look and analyse where we need to improve and get better. #cafc
    0 replies 0 retweets 0 likes

KN | "We were getting too many draws before, and we were hoping to turn them into three points. It hasn't quite gone that way of late. #cafc
  • Options

KN | "We need to make sure that we are hard to beat again and also be a little bit more creative in that final third. #cafc

KN | "Saturday is a big game, as they all are, and it is one that we are all really looking forward to. #cafc
  • Options

KN | "Coventry have just got their first win and we know that it is going to be a very tough game. #cafc

KN | "We aware that there are going to be protests. Hopefully the fans can be behind us for the 90 minutes and we can get them a win. #cafc
  • Options
    Charlton Athletic FC ‏@CAFCofficial 2m2 minutes ago
    KN | "We've got a few niggling injuries to contend with. But hopefully come Saturday we'll be strong enough to earn the three points. #cafc