Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Addicks v's Huddersfield Match Thread 23/08/14

edited August 2014 in General Charlton
Afternoon all and welcome to this afternoons match thread. Can I start with a polite reminder not to post Premier League scores on this thread as there are many people who follow the thread but don't want to know the scores until they see the games on MOTD. Talking of MOTD, 50 years old now, how many of us can remember the first few years? I certainly can as I was nearly 10 years old when it started.
However moving on to the present day, The Addicks have started the season well, with 7 points from a possible 9, two good wins against pre-season promotion and play off favorites and a point on the opening day.
Today we should be able to see if we can keep the momentum going against a manager-less Huddersfield side, who just happened to win away during the week against Reading 2-1.
I reckon we can get another 3 points here and really make other teams sit up and take notice, I'll bring you the team news as soon as I get it.............COYR's!!!

Comments

• Options
    amazing stuff @redmidland many thanks in advance!
  • Options
    F*ck, 1 down already.
  • Options
    COYRs! Just one request @Redmidland, if you could just bung in the Transfermarkt valuations next to the name of every player you mention I think that would help to give a fuller picture of what's going on. Ta!
  • Options
    Louis Mendez of the News Shopper has just tweeted that its Nick Pope and Dillon Phillips out warming up with no sign of Henderson
  • Options
    Good afternoon Red. Good afternoon all. I have seen all four matches so far but today I am here on match day duty. My intention as always is to update from a 'home team' perspective.
    Today of course it is Huddersfield Town. I would prefer these days to be on our commentators as they're brilliant compared to what we had before, I may even be driven to switch depending on technology and how good/dire the Huddersfield lot are.
    The aim is to provide an 'as others see us' perspective, and also as Red and I will be following from different sources there is a chance our updates will be complimentary rather than conflicting or repetitive.
    I am getting older and slower so apologies for that, and for the typos that I will inevitably fall victim to.
    I want to say in advance massive respect to the 500 or so travelling Addicks there on our behalf. The rest of us will have to make do with it here.

My abbreviations are likely to be:

'town'- Huddersfield

'tbh' - Tal Ben Haim
    'yoni' - Yoni Buyens
    'johan' - Johan Gudmussen
    'george' - George Tucudean
    'igor'- Igor Vetokele'
    wiggy'-Rhoys wiggins
    'jj' Johnnie Jackson
    'morro' Michael Morrison

COYR
  • Options
    One change for Huddersfield apparently.
  • Options
    Apparently it will be a 'bold' selection for Huddersfield. Peltier is in for Hogg.
    They warn about Yoni.
    'Charlton are one of the big stories of the Championship season so far' they say.
  • Options

Afternoon all and welcome to this afternoons match thread. Can I start with a polite reminder not to post Premier League scores on this thread as there are many people who follow the thread but don't want to know the scores until they see the games on MOTD. Talking of MOTD, 50 years old now, how many of us can remember the first few years? I certainly can as I was nearly 35 years old when it started.
    However moving on to the present day, The Addicks have started the season well, with 7 points from a possible 9, two good wins against pre-season promotion and play off favorites and a point on the opening day.
    Today we should be able to see if we can keep the momentum going against a manager-less Huddersfield side, who just happened to win away during the week against Reading 2-1.
    I reckon we can get another 3 points here and really make other teams sit up and take notice, I'll being you the team news as soon as I get it.............COYR's!!!

Sorted that error for you Wally. ;)

• Options
    Afternoon @sethplum.....thanks for the opposition perspective as always......apparently its peeing down at the stadium currently
  • Options
    Mark Lillis says 'it won't be Neil Warnock (next Town manager)...'
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Afternoon @sethplum.....thanks for the opposition perspective as always......apparently its peeing down at the stadium currently

Grim up North mate...will our continental fancy dans be able to cope?
  • Options
    Pope, Solly, Wiggins, Bikey-Amougou, Ben Haim; Gudmundsson, Cousins, Buyens, Jackson (c); Tucudean, Vetokele
  • Options
    Pope, Solly, Wiggins, Bikey-Amougou, Ben Haim; Gudmundsson, Cousins, Buyens, Jackson (c); Tucudean, Vetokele
  • Options
    Solly back for Gomez
  • Options
    Charlton subs: Phillips, Fox, Gomez, Wilson, Harriott, Moussa, Church
  • Options
    No Morrison, injured?
  • Options
    Huddersfiled Smithies; Dixon, Lynch, Wallace, Smith; Coady, Peltier (c); Bunn, Butterfield, Scannell; Wells
  • Options
    Morrison doesn't even make the bench?
  • Options
    subs Joe Murphy, James Vaughan, Danny Ward, Adam Hammill, Jonathan Stead, Matt Crooks, Radoslaw Majewski
  • Options
    The team are getting to know each other, but the shock omission is Michael Morrison. Injury?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited August 2014
    Charlton: Pope, Solly, Wiggins, Bikey-Amougou, Ben Haim; Gudmundsson, Cousins, Buyens, Jackson (c); Tucudean, Vetokele 
  • Options
    So there are the teams......whats the verdict?
  • Options
    Vox Pop with Town fans who would be positive if they got Chris Powell. If Chris did pitch up there, would Michael Morrison possibly follow...just a thought?
  • Options
    seth plum said:

Vox Pop with Town fans who would be positive if they got Chris Powell. If Chris did pitch up there, would Michael Morrison possibly follow...just a thought?

Wonder if there'd be a few who may follow Chris up there... One good thing is that Morrison is under Contract so wont be going for free
  • Options
    This is a big test and could send a real signal if we get a result .... COME ON YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU REDDDDDDSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    30 mins till ko........................COYR's - 3 points would be most welcome
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Morro obviously just been overtaken by Gomez for a bench spot. Also for a sub, JG offers better versatility I would guess. If something happened to TBH or Bikey I would guess Morro would still start.
  • Options
    LoOkOuT said:

COYRs! Just one request @Redmidland, if you could just bung in the Transfermarkt valuations next to the name of every player you mention I think that would help to give a fuller picture of what's going on. Ta!

Huddersfield line up vs Reading (where they had four shots on goal) £576K per player
    CAFC £824K

:)

• Options
    To my ‘orse,
    To my ‘orse,
    Sayin’ goodbye to my ‘orse,
    And as I was sayin’ goodbye to my ‘orse,
    SAYIN’ GOODBYE TO MY ‘ORSE
  • Options
    Glad that Pope is in, gives him the managers backing...
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!