Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Addicks v's Huddersfield Match Thread 23/08/14

Comments

• Options
    this thread has a bad echo problem ;-)
  • Options
    Our FK to cousins and ball misses. and now corner, jacko, and tension, in, but side netteing.
    half Time and cuppa for me.
    0-0
  • Options
    Are we having more luck this season already?....................Or is it that we are just better?????????????
  • Options
    sasquatch said:

Wow, what happened?

Graham Souness ran onto the pitch and planted a flag in the centre circle..................
  • Options
    Are Huddersfield down to ten men or not.
  • Options

sasquatch said:

Wow, what happened?

Graham Souness ran onto the pitch and planted a flag in the centre circle..................
    "ran"
  • Options
    HT stats addicks first-:
    possession.............57% - 43%
    shots on................ 1 - 5
    shots off............... 3 - 2
    corners................ 3 - 5

GOALS................. 0 - 0
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    I've got a feeling Peeters will give a good half time talk, and our new found passing style could create Huddersfield a few problems with only 10 men.

I expect Huddersfield will put another defender on, possibly for a midfielder - pre match comments suggested they wanted a solid defence, and we know we're capable of causing problems up front..

So the next half will hopefully see less pressure on us and Huddersfield tiring themselves out a bit.
  • Options

Yes they are
  • Options
    off for a break..............back in time for 2nd half
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Yes -Wallace sent off - last man
  • Options
    edited August 2014

sasquatch said:

Wow, what happened?

Scooby doo unmasked the monster and it was the school janitor who would have gotten away with it if it wasn't for those pesky kids.

• Options
    LuckyReds said:

I've got a feeling Peeters will give a good half time talk, and our new found passing style could create Huddersfield a few problems with only 10 men.

I expect Huddersfield will put another defender on, possibly for a midfielder - pre match comments suggested they wanted a solid defence, and we know we're capable of causing problems up front..

So the next half will hopefully see less pressure on us and Huddersfield tiring themselves out a bit.

Has to be the plan... and again we have to be patient as Huddersfield will defend with all their might whilst they'll still have the pace of Nakhi Wells up front to ensure we dont go Gung Ho to try and score... Charlton have never been good against 10-men but this is a good chance to go top of the Championship
  • Options
    The odds have just reversed following the sending off. William hill have cut us from 16/5 to 11/8, and Hudders suddenly 10/3.
  • Options
    Pope should be a bit more confident this half after overcoming his shaky start and pulling off what sounds like a decent couple of saves.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Phew.... A nervy first half. Hope we will get better after Big Bob's half-time talk.

Must be careful because a ten-men side is not always easy to beat and there've been many examples of a red card being a blessing in disguise.
  • Options
    edited August 2014

LuckyReds said:

Has to be the plan... and again we have to be patient as Huddersfield will defend with all their might whilst they'll still have the pace of Nakhi Wells up front to ensure we dont go Gung Ho to try and score... Charlton have never been good against 10-men but this is a good chance to go top of the Championship
    Although saying that Colchester went down to 10-men and we beat them 4-0 lol!

Edit: Reckon it'll be Harry Bunn to come off...
  • Options
    Good half ... soaked it up ... pope got his confidence back with some good saves ... igor scares everyone and there last ditch hackery resulted in a red ... pass it about tire them out ... get on the front foot ... Nick a goal ... sit back soak it up ... hit them on the break for 2 and then go home ... thanks very much ...
  • Options
    Main concern is that there's only one shot on target and they've five... Going all out to test Pope I suppose?...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Ah - memories of the days of PP and the "10 men are difficult to beat" announcements after we had the advantage in two games on the trot.
  • Options
    Now we seem to be playing actual football and with Johann who can hit quick passes we should be better against 10 men than before.
  • Options
    Wiggins needs to be careful second half. You know how referees love to even things up
  • Options
    Will the referee look to even things up? Has been known.
  • Options
    cafc4life said:

Wiggins needs to be careful second half. You know how referees love to even things up

With his cynical foul just before the Red Card... Peltier needs to be careful as well... If he was stupid enough to get a Yellow card for that then hopefully he'll be stupid enough to do it again
  • Options
    How did they get the red card?
  • Options
    seth plum said:

Will the referee look to even things up? Has been known.

Surely not they're professionals...
  • Options
    We need to keep the ball and be patient. moussa has pace late on...well that's the theory.
  • Options

How did they get the red card?

Sounds like Vetokele got clear of the Defence and was hauled back (so last man)
  • Options
    teams on way back out
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!