Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England v India ODI's and T20

Comments

• Options
    I have given up caring
  • Options
    103-4 off 28 Morgan just out
  • Options
    We are so bad at 1 day cricket!!
  • Options
    173-6 off 42 Moeen Ali 48no off 36
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    make that 54 off 37 !!
  • Options
    Ashwin reminds me of Mr Bean !

194-7 off 45
  • Options
    The only excuse I can come up with for England, is that it is always difficult batting first in September, because of the moisture/damp and lack of warm sunshine.
  • Options

The only excuse I can come up with for England, is that it is always difficult batting first in September, because of the moisture/damp and lack of warm sunshine.

Afternoon CE. And what about the other two games?!

Moeen out 67 Eng 201-8
  • Options
    Dismal, and why drop Tredwell for Moeen? Why not play 2 spinners?
  • Options
    India 84-0, 15 overs
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    172-0, 27 overs
    need 35 to win
  • Options
    Have we even reached a World Cup semi final since 1992?

Its pretty poor going....

Suppose India are the World Champions but even so we are at home.
  • Options
    Abysmal. It's that bad, I can't watch & turned it off, when India reached about 60-0. I never do that !
  • Options
    183-1,
    Rahane c Cook b Gurney 106
  • Options
    200-1, 30 overs
    India require 7 from 120 balls.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    India finish it with a six & win by 9 wickets plus 117 balls to spare. Embarrassing.

Rahane 106
    Dhawan 97 n/o
    Kohli 1 n/o
  • Options
    I genuinely think one of the major issues of why we are so poor at One Day Cricket is that the way it is played has changed since the advent on T20, especially the IPL. The rest of the world competes in the IPL however in England we reward players for steering clear of it. KP wasn't wrong when he said that we there are top English cricketers sitting at home in England while average Aussie's are getting great experience in a very competitive enviorment, in front of huge crowds with some of the top coaching in the world.

England has two options to address this, that is manoeuvre the country calendar to allow English cricketers to go and compete in the IPL, or what would be more beneficial is to create an IPL-esq model here in the UK. That means separating T20 from country cricket and creating 8-10 city franchises, we already have 7 grounds in the country with 15,000+ capacities and day/night capabilities and Headingley will join that number in the next season. The founder of the IPL has already said that a similar model in this country could be even bigger and yet we're stuck in the dark ages of cricket.

Wake up, smell the coffee and stay ahead of the curve going forward. We can't afford to fail to do that in cricket in the same way we have with football.
  • Options
    Pathetic. India had nearly 20 overs to spare.

"The bowlers tried hard, but weren't able to find the right areas enough times, and we were punished... We didn't get enough runs on the board, which is disappointing, but we'll be working to sort it out and are confident we can turn it around... I fully believe I am the right person to lead England, the dressing room is united... blah blah"
  • Options

I genuinely think one of the major issues of why we are so poor at One Day Cricket is that the way it is played has changed since the advent on T20, especially the IPL. The rest of the world competes in the IPL however in England we reward players for steering clear of it. KP wasn't wrong when he said that we there are top English cricketers sitting at home in England while average Aussie's are getting great experience in a very competitive enviorment, in front of huge crowds with some of the top coaching in the world.

England has two options to address this, that is manoeuvre the country calendar to allow English cricketers to go and compete in the IPL, or what would be more beneficial is to create an IPL-esq model here in the UK. That means separating T20 from country cricket and creating 8-10 city franchises, we already have 7 grounds in the country with 15,000+ capacities and day/night capabilities and Headingley will join that number in the next season. The founder of the IPL has already said that a similar model in this country could be even bigger and yet we're stuck in the dark ages of cricket.

Wake up, smell the coffee and stay ahead of the curve going forward. We can't afford to fail to do that in cricket in the same way we have with football.

You are not trying to tell me that old school tie types in blazers are holding back the development of sportsmen in Britain for the sake of their own egos are you? ;-)
  • Options
    Time for a change in the way we approach fifty over games
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

"The bowlers tried hard, but weren't able to find the right areas enough times, and we were punished... We didn't get enough runs on the board, which is disappointing, but we'll be working to sort it out and are confident we can turn it around... I fully believe I am the right person to lead England, the dressing room is united... blah blah"

Usual bollox from Cook and Co. - how many times have we heard that over the years - they might as well roll out a cardboard cut-out and put the same cd on.
  • Options
    edited September 2014

Abysmal. It's that bad, I can't watch & turned it off, when India reached about 60-0. I never do that !

Me too !! Found myself watching Wheeler Dealers instead !

It was the Lambo Urrago !
  • Options

Me too !! Found myself watching Wheeler Dealers instead !

It was the Lambo Urrago !
    And this may be the only reason/catalyst for any change in the echelons of cricket - because if Sky finds that it is losing viewers because of Englands crap performances then they may well want to re-negotiate the financial elements - that would have the county chairmen scurrying around like cats with tails on fire !
    I really like the thought of a 7/8 city based franchise league , with
    1) North London (Lords) - Middx/Essex
    2) South London (Oval) - Surrey/Kent
    3) South (Rose Bowl) Hampshire and Sussex
    4) Midlands (trent Bridge) Notts/Leicester/Derby
    5) Birmingham (Edgbaston (Warks and Worcs)
    6) Manchester (Old Trafford) (Lancs)
    7) Leeds (Yorkshire)
    8) Durham or The West (bristol)

would be better quality crciket as the players would be better - play it on a fri night/Sat day - would be a huge crowd puller.
  • Options

Usual bollox from Cook and Co. - how many times have we heard that over the years - they might as well roll out a cardboard cut-out and put the same cd on.
    That quote was my bollox from Cook, the real bollox was slightly more apologetic, but didn't address the real issue, that we're not 10% away from being a decent ODI team, but that we are miles off it, and that a whole new mindset is needed.

The last few games in this summer have been pathetic, India dismal in the last 3 Tests, England dismal in the ODIs, perhaps we can find a format half way between where we might get a competitive match!
  • Options
    On re-looking at some of the dismissals, how many times do we get out to reverse-sweeps,sweeps and other x-bat shots ! Surely they must learn ?!
  • Options
    Buttler is a special player. His range of shots are amazing.

His reverse sweeps, pulls, laps etc etc are normal shots to him because he's played them for so long and not tried to learn them half way through his career. They are also a result of having played tennis, hockey etc etc. Yes he will get out to them occasionally but probably no more than some other batsman do playing orthodox attacking shots.

It also wouldn't surprise me if he doesn't captain England one day in ODI's at least.
  • Options
    294-7. Might have a proper game this time.
  • Options
    India 101-4 26 overs.

I didn't realise they were playing.
  • Options

Buttler is a special player. His range of shots are amazing.

His reverse sweeps, pulls, laps etc etc are normal shots to him because he's played them for so long and not tried to learn them half way through his career. They are also a result of having played tennis, hockey etc etc. Yes he will get out to them occasionally but probably no more than some other batsman do playing orthodox attacking shots.

It also wouldn't surprise me if he doesn't captain England one day in ODI's at least.

Yes, Buttler is a special player - Ganguly says he should bat at 5 - him and Morgan are probably the only players i can excuse for playing the cross bat shot because they are so good at it.
  • Options
    Rayadu out - India 135-5 off 31- England 'should' ...... no, i'm not gonna say it.