Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England v India ODI's and T20

124»

Comments

• Options
    You could have said exactly the same thing about Dave Warner, and yet look how he has flourished at test level since he was given the chance.

It's almost like younger players now, are mastering the shorter game first, and then can try and adapt to test cricket - it used to be the other way round of course!!
  • Options
    edited September 2014

Jason Roy is a good player against mediocre county players, never England level arrogant shit, who tried t o give it the biggun at Beckenham a couple of years ago and was quickly borough down a peg or two, Slurry twat.

How do you know he is only good against County players? He hasn't had a chance to play international twenty twenty cricket yet, apart from yesterday. When you hit the ball as cleanly and as far as Roy does he is going to get England off to a flying start. It is a high risk strategy so sometimes he is going to fail. Why is he an arrogant shit? Pieterson was arrogant he wasn't a bad player. I think Roy, given a good chance, will do well in international twenty twenty.

• Options

You could have said exactly the same thing about Dave Warner, and yet look how he has flourished at test level since he was given the chance.

It's almost like younger players now, are mastering the shorter game first, and then can try and adapt to test cricket - it used to be the other way round of course!!

That's a great point, I had a chat about this the other week to one of the senior coaches at my Cricket club here in Brisbane, the bloke in question is a fully qualified coach and has played first-class Cricket.

He said that he thought 20/20 could actually be a great training ground for Test players because "every ball matters" and there are no "dead periods" like you get in 50 over games.

His rationale was that in 20/20 players had to be able to handle playing under constant pressure and had to adapt their game to different situations, things that he argued were also critical in Test match cricket.

His bottom line was that the key test of a Test match player is their ability to execute their skills under massive pressure and that in 20/20 you get to see which batsmen and bowlers are able to do this and which are not.

I think he is pretty much spot on with this analysis, of course there is a world of difference between scoring an eight-hour Test double hundred and whacking 50 off 30 balls in 20/20 - but the common denominator is that you are doing both under huge pressure.

The bottom line is that if a young player comes into 20/20 and plays well then he is going to get a chance in the 50-over side and then ultimately if he carries on doing well he will get a shot in the Test side, you can't necessarily say the same for someone scoring runs in Country cricket.
  • Options
    one thing that has been picked up from the t20 game that I thought was disgraceful was the booing of Mooen Ali. Mooen has reportedly not wanted to take the matter further but when watching live I thought the booing of him was totally out order.