Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Strange Transfers

Comments

• Options
    Who was the player the Redknapp signed at West Ham
    He spoke about him in a programme just before the World Cup

I think the story went they signed a player from Chile who had a good world cup, he was not enjoying life in London and wanted to go home but Redknapp wanted to keep him, so they put him up in a really expensive hotel and agreed to meet him there one afternoon to discuss his future, when they got there he jumped out of the hotel window and they never saw him again.
  • Options
    edited August 2014

I think the story went they signed a player from Chile who had a good world cup, he was not enjoying life in London and wanted to go home but Redknapp wanted to keep him, so they put him up in a really expensive hotel and agreed to meet him there one afternoon to discuss his future, when they got there he jumped out of the hotel window and they never saw him again.

Javier Margas, I think.
  • Options
    This, how that back and front keeps getting a job is beyond me!
  • Options

Marco Boogers.
  • Options
    Joey beauchamp Oxford - west ham, didn't play a game then a month late joined Swindon.

David unsworth west ham to villa, no games and transferred a month later to Everton.

West ham seem to feature quite a lot in this thread.
  • Options

Javier Margas, I think.
    Very weird... http://www.tribalfootball.com/articles/tottenham-boss-redknapp-recalls-margas-nightmare-west-ham-239143#.U_367jJdUnU
  • Options

Javier Margas, I think.
    Very weird... http://www.tribalfootball.com/articles/tottenham-boss-redknapp-recalls-margas-nightmare-west-ham-239143#.U_367jJdUnU
    That was it, I remember him talking anout it earlier this year, he was laughing as he was saying it so he must find it funny now, but I bet he did not at the time
  • Options

Javier Margas, I think.
    That was it, I remember him talking anout it earlier this year, he was laughing as he was saying it so he must find it funny now, but I bet he did not at the time
    laughing all the way to his dog's bank.
  • Options
    BenHammer99 to Charlton Life. Never understood why he left Palace.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Marco Boogers.
    think it was him that then left and went to live in a cave in an Austrian?? forest as a hermit.

Unusual move for a footballer but can't blame him having to work for Arry
  • Options

Marco Boogers.
    think it was him that then left and went to live in a cave in an Austrian?? forest as a hermit.

Unusual move for a footballer but can't blame him having to work for Arry
    There was an interview with him in Four Four Two recently. He now has a company in Chile that recreates taboo places that people like to have sex, but can't and charges by the hour, i.e a hotel room that looks like a plane. Mental.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Lol I read that as well. Was that Boogers? I cant remember

retract my earlier comment about the hermit lifestyle, reading now it seems that was a bullshit promulgated by the total BS merchants at the Current Bun
  • Options

Lol I read that as well. Was that Boogers? I can remember

retract my earlier comment about the hermit lifestyle, reading now it seems that was a buckshit promulgated by the total BS merchants at the Current Bun

I thought he ended up living in a caravan or was that Gary Ablett?
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Lol seems Arry and his fleet street boys did a job on him because that was a rumor as well

He is now DOF at Dordrecht 90, whoever they are.

• Options
    Mikel Alonso to us always seemed strange to me.
  • Options
    Luke Varney loaned to Premier League Blackpool.
  • Options
    iaitch said:

Lol I read that as well. Was that Boogers? I can remember

retract my earlier comment about the hermit lifestyle, reading now it seems that was a buckshit promulgated by the total BS merchants at the Current Bun

I thought he ended up living in a caravan or was that Gary Ablett?
    Both have lived in caravans.
  • Options
    Clive Allen - signed by Arsenal but was moved on to Palace before the competitive season started.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Clive Allen - signed by Arsenal but was moved on to Palace before the competitive season started.

Quite similar with David Unsworth, signed with Aston Villa only to go to Everton after a month because he and his family didn't settle in Birmingham.

Also Didi Hammann signed for Bolton only to push through a move to City.
  • Options

Lol I read that as well. Was that Boogers? I cant remember

retract my earlier comment about the hermit lifestyle, reading now it seems that was a bullshit promulgated by the total BS merchants at the Current Bun

Yeah, it was him, although I can't seem to find it online anywhere.
  • Options
    Given that LVG wants to play 3-5-2 and Di Maria is never a wing back, his £60m signing is strange. That formation needs two holding players and they only have injured Carrick who is approaching his sell-by. Perhaps he will compete with Rooney, Mata, Fellani & Januzaj for no 10 slot?
  • Options
    Bebe to United is all kinds of dodgy/strange.

• Options

Yes, that's a good one from the vaults as is Unsworth!
  • Options
    Luther Blisett to AC Milan

As the rumour goes they got the wrong Watford player, intending to sign John Barnes
  • Options
    Ishmael Miller to Palace for about £3M was a good one.

The Spanish superstar kid they bought last year was also somewhat odd.

In fact, Palace buying so many players they had to release one or two they had just signed because they could not fit them in their squad was impressive stuff.
  • Options
    Sergei Yuran and Vassili Kulkov from Spartak Moscow to Millwall.
  • Options

Ishmael Miller to Palace for about £3M was a good one.

The Spanish superstar kid they bought last year was also somewhat odd.

In fact, Palace buying so many players they had to release one or two they had just signed because they could not fit them in their squad was impressive stuff.

quite, people forget this time last season palace were in an equally laughable situation. Mental how they're still a premier league side.
  • Options

Ralph Milne to Man Utd from Bristol City

You could also add Ralph Milne's transfer from Charlton to man utd
    We sold him to Bristol City though
    No wonder they threw bricks at us after the cup tie in '94