Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Strange Transfers

124»

Comments

• Options
    edited August 2014

Ralph Milne to Man Utd from Bristol City

You could also add Ralph Milne's transfer from Charlton to man utd
    We sold him to Bristol City though
    No wonder they threw bricks at us after the cup tie in '94

20 years ago! Remember it like yesterday, I was a young man then. :-)
  • Options

Clive Allen - signed by Arsenal but was moved on to Palace before the competitive season started.

i think they wanted Kenny Sansom and knew Palace wanted Allen.
  • Options

Luther Blisett to AC Milan

As the rumour goes they got the wrong Watford player, intending to sign John Barnes

Carl Cort (Wimbledon) to Newcastle for £5M.

Rumour has it they had seen Jason Euell, wanted him but got the wrong name off the team sheet.
  • Options
    Simon Church, to any professional Football Club.
  • Options
    Sheffield Wednesday's Andy Booth to Spurs (on loan). 4 appearances (1 of which was against Charlton at WHL if memory serves correctly) 0 goals.
    Derby's Grzegorz Rasiak to Spurs. 8 appearances 0 goals.

Quite possibly two of the worst footballers I've ever seen wear the Lillywhite shirt.

• Options
    JohnBoyUK said:

Sheffield Wednesday's Andy Booth to Spurs (on loan). 4 appearances (1 of which was against Charlton at WHL if memory serves correctly) 0 goals.
    Derby's Grzegorz Rasiak to Spurs. 8 appearances 0 goals.

Quite possibly two of the worst footballers I've ever seen wear the Lillywhite shirt.

From quite a long list, I imagine?
    ;-)

• Options

As the rumour goes they got the wrong Watford player, intending to sign John Barnes

Think the story was that wanted a striker so went after the top scorer in English top division which was Luther.

• Options

Carl Cort (Wimbledon) to Newcastle for £5M.

Rumour has it they had seen Jason Euell, wanted him but got the wrong name off the team sheet.
    I was about to say this! £8m worth of garbage they got
  • Options

Think the story was that wanted a striker so went after the top scorer in English top division which was Luther.

Indeed that's most probably the factual account but the rumour has definitely done the rounds.

Heard similar about Kleberson to United....all probably rubbish but they are funny.

The Euell/Cort one sounds the most plausible