Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

New Look England Squad...

Comments

• Options

Poyet in England u20 squad

…until Uruguay come calling.
    Ross said:

No recognised right back in the squad. Why Colback and Delph are in is anyone's guess. They will get the customary 10 minutes at the end of the match, have ni impact because the games is pretty much over, and then never return again like Shelvey and Zaha.

Chambers and Phil Jones can play at right back.
    I agree, but we need a proper right back. We have never replaced Gary Neville.
  • Options
    Oh dear the future of English football, Rose,Delph, Henderson, Colback, Welbeck.
  • Options
    dickplumb said:

Oh dear the future of English football, Rose,Delph, Henderson, Colback, Welbeck.

Is this the best of youngsters coming through, Oh dear?
  • Options

Addicted said:

Rose is only in cause Shaw is injured. Who else can we pick at LB?

Gibbs?
    Also injured I believe till early Sept
  • Options
    World beaters, that lot. I can't wait until Euro 16 ... If we qualify
  • Options
    Solly without injury and with the recognition he deserved could have been the next Gary Neville.
  • Options
    Meaningless squad for a meaningless game. Let's see how brave Hodgson is with his squad and team selection when it comes to the competitive games.
  • Options
    Kap10 said:

Surely Shelvey should be given a chance and not because he is our youth product.

Would take Shelvey ahead of Colback
  • Options
    They might not be superstars but do you know what? They might just wear the shirt with pride.

They could pick a pub team but I'll always back my country. Come on England.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Surely we have someone else who can be captain other than Rooney?
  • Options
    Danny Rose? hahahahahahahahaha.
    Oh my, has Uncle Roy actually seen him play?

An absolutely shocking full back. How on earth he managed to get a 5 year contract out of Levy is beyond me. I honestly thought we was going to move him on, not keep him.
  • Options

Meaningless squad for a meaningless game. Let's see how brave Hodgson is with his squad and team selection when it comes to the competitive games.

The squad is for one friendly against Norway and one qualifier vs Switzerland. So not entirely meaningless.
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:

An absolutely shocking full back. How on earth he managed to get a 5 year contract out of Levy is beyond me. I honestly thought we was going to move him on, not keep him.

I expected Ben Davies to replace him at Spurs, but interestingly Rose has kept his place (in the league)
  • Options
    Be prepared for the lowest Wembley crowd in yonks next week - they're not even opening the top tier.

And not because of this squad although it doesn't exactly help.
  • Options

Hart/Cahill but not too many options?

The squads show up our real lack of depth.

• Options
    Delph is very under rated for me.
  • Options
    That squad looks awful, Colback? ouch, what a toilet inclusion.

Clyne and James Chester should be given a chance, both been decent performers over the past season.
  • Options

Hart/Cahill but not too many options?

The squads show up our real lack of depth.

Cahill should have been made captain and Rooney dropped forever.

That would show intent of building a new era.

Cahill is a brilliant CB and doesn't have the mentality if being auto picked.

Hart

Clyne
    Cahill
    Jagielka
    Baines

Walcott
    Oxlade
    Henderson
    Lallana

Sterling
    Sturridge

This is the future.
  • Options

JohnBoyUK said:

I expected Ben Davies to replace him at Spurs, but interestingly Rose has kept his place (in the league)
    You're not the only one, believe me. Was shocked to see his name on the team sheet for West Ham. Was bewildered to see his name in the starting XI for the QPR game. Davies is head and shoulders a better player than Rose.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    JohnBoyUK said:

JohnBoyUK said:

You're not the only one, believe me. Was shocked to see his name on the team sheet for West Ham. Was bewildered to see his name in the starting XI for the QPR game. Davies is head and shoulders a better player than Rose.

But to be fair you haven't conceded yet have you...hard to change it.
  • Options

JohnBoyUK said:

JohnBoyUK said:

But to be fair you haven't conceded yet have you...hard to change it.
    Nope, very true. Am not complaining too much, honest. I'd rather trust Pochettino's judgement rather than my own lol. He looks like he knows what he's doing :)
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    The usual stuff from the England rollercoaster and the public:
    England have a poor tournament...public demand changes are made...few players retire...next squad is announced with a load of fresh faces....public demand to know wtf (insert name) is doing in the squad.

And so begins the next 2 year cycle.
  • Options
    Have the Switzerland squad been announced yet for obvious reason. How many current internationals have we got, other than Church
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    ross1 said:

Have the Switzerland squad been announced yet for obvious reason. How many current internationals have we got, other than Church

Gudmundsson, Ben Haim, Vetokele, Gomez, Fox.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Play players in form

Rose
    Colback (spelling)
    Chambers
    Delph

All in form why not

I am fed up.with the same shit players finding harder to get out of the team than in it regardless of how shit they play

Good riddance to Gerrard terry lampard cole ferdinand etc you have been shit for years for England now Fuk off to USA
  • Options
    I am surprised Shelvey didn't get into the squad. I don't know much about this Newcastle player read he was 25 so surprised he is suddenly in the squad.

But I am in favour of giving youth a chance

• Options
    Vardy and Austin just included in the England squad for two upcoming fixtures.

Austin deserves it, but Vardy???
  • Options
    Goalkeepers: Rob Green (Queens Park Rangers), Joe Hart (Manchester City), Tom Heaton (Burnley),

Defenders: Ryan Bertrand (Southampton), Gary Cahill (Chelsea), Nathaniel Clyne (Southampton), Kieran Gibbs (Arsenal), Phil Jagielka (Everton), Phil Jones (Manchester United), Chris Smalling (Manchester United).

Midfielders: Ross Barkley (Everton), Fabian Delph (Aston Villa), Jordan Henderson (Liverpool), Adam Lallana (Liverpool), Ryan Mason (Tottenham), James Milner (Manchester City), Raheem Sterling (Liverpool), Andros Townsend (Tottenham Hotspur), Theo Walcott (Arsenal), Jack Wilshere (Arsenal).

Forwards: Charlie Austin (Queens Park Rangers), Wayne Rooney (Manchester United), Jamie Vardy (Leicester) Danny Welbeck (Arsenal).
  • Options
    Lack of available other options upfront I guess with Sturridge injured, and Kane, Berahino etc with the U21s.

Surprised someone like Defoe or Lambert weren't preferred though.