Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Am I alone ...

Comments

• Options
    I'm sure there is an Andy Delort joke somewhere in here....
  • Options
    Never heard if him
  • Options
    I ain't heard of no one, and don't know nothing about anyone. Honest.

Do you all go round with your eyes and ears closed? Both actors have been in the news for respective films and award shows, they've been in the papers too. There was the Wimbledon Selfie for Gerard, the Oscar Selfie for Bradley, then they've both been in huge grossing films. For the snobs, you must have at least heard of 300??
  • Options

Do you all go round with your eyes and ears closed? Both actors have been in the news for respective films and award shows, they've been in the papers too. There was the Wimbledon Selfie for Gerard, the Oscar Selfie for Bradley, then they've both been in huge grossing films. For the snobs, you must have at least heard of 300??

The sequel to 299? Sure
  • Options
    He was very good as the lead part in Silver Linings Playbook. Ahem cough.
  • Options
    Is he that ginger fella that was in eastenders ?
  • Options
    Very good in limitless
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Butler:

Sink!!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    i don't know him by name but would probably recognise him. I've seen The Hangover and thought it was crap.
  • Options
    I hate you !
  • Options
    Sorry about the above, when I put it on it was underneath Reg Varney. Could this be my first abuse ?
  • Options

I have heard of Henry Cooper if that counts..
  • Options

...and Terry Cooper
  • Options

Is he related to Tommy Cooper by any chance?
  • Options

Apparently yes I do! I'm sorry if it offends your teenage sensibilities but I have more going on in my life than reading the gossip pages of the tabloids or knocking one out to celebrity pictures on facebook or trying to keep up with the latest fad/personality/fashion/film star, etc.

300 was a fine way to waste a couple of hours of my life but I really could not tell you, or care less who was in it. I'm afraid that that sort of mindless entertainment doesn't stay with me too long nor do I think about the finer points of the CGI/cinematography for more than about 30 seconds after the film ends.

As an aside I love films like that, I am a huge SF/fantasy fan albeit more into the books, graphic novels and comics than into the movies which in my view are generally dissapointing although Guardians of the Galaxy may at the moment be my favourite watch of the last twelve months - simply because it knows what it is and doesn't take itself too seriously.

Now if we want to have a serious discussion about films and film stars lets talk Ealing Comedies and the golden age of British Movies, most of which are in black and white and star people who I am fairly sure you have never heard of and could not care less about. Just accept that there are people older than you and that the current crop of celeb's will in my opinion be around and in the public eye for less time than it takes for them to be introduced into the Big Brother House.

Perhaps if Mr Cooper were to actually act in something that really interests me (see the Globe Theatre thread for more info) then I will sit up and take notice but until that time I'm afraid I reserve my right to ignore his doubtless fine canon of work.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    JWADDICK said:

Apparently yes I do! I'm sorry if it offends your teenage sensibilities but I have more going on in my life than reading the gossip pages of the tabloids or knocking one out to celebrity pictures on facebook or trying to keep up with the latest fad/personality/fashion/film star, etc.

300 was a fine way to waste a couple of hours of my life but I really could not tell you, or care less who was in it. I'm afraid that that sort of mindless entertainment doesn't stay with me too long nor do I think about the finer points of the CGI/cinematography for more than about 30 seconds after the film ends.

As an aside I love films like that, I am a huge SF/fantasy fan albeit more into the books, graphic novels and comics than into the movies which in my view are generally dissapointing although Guardians of the Galaxy may at the moment be my favourite watch of the last twelve months - simply because it knows what it is and doesn't take itself too seriously.

Now if we want to have a serious discussion about films and film stars lets talk Ealing Comedies and the golden age of British Movies, most of which are in black and white and star people who I am fairly sure you have never heard of and could not care less about. Just accept that there are people older than you and that the current crop of celeb's will in my opinion be around and in the public eye for less time than it takes for them to be introduced into the Big Brother House.

Perhaps if Mr Cooper were to actually act in something that really interests me (see the Globe Theatre thread for more info) then I will sit up and take notice but until that time I'm afraid I reserve my right to ignore his doubtless fine canon of work.
    Silver Linings Playbook was an oscar winning film, check it out. He's a very successful and talented actor. He was the voice of Rocket the Racoon in Guardians of the Galaxy. Just because there are rubbish films being made today, doesn't mean there was a time when there wasn't. There has always been awful films, but those that were actually very good (one or two are released every year) over a decade that builds up to quite a lot of quality films.
  • Options

JWADDICK said:

Silver Linings Playbook was an oscar winning film, check it out. He's a very successful and talented actor. He was the voice of Rocket the Racoon in Guardians of the Galaxy. Just because there are rubbish films being made today, doesn't mean there was a time when there wasn't. There has always been awful films, but those that were actually very good (one or two are released every year) over a decade that builds up to quite a lot of quality films.
    I'm not sure what point you are trying to make. I have said that I thoroughly enjoyed Guardians however, I did not memorise the cast list and the fact that he provided vocals for the racoon shows that I did not either notice nor care and surely adds to my point. I don't care!Yes there have been crap movies made in every period and not everyone likes everything, for example I cannot stand Chaplin although others will tell you he is a genius, but I love Laurel and Hardy, Buster Keaton and Harold Lloyd. As a result I pay far more attention to their films than I do to Chaplin's.

Thanks for the recommendation re Silver Linings Playbook, I will check it out as you suggest and if I like it I will be happy to say so but it does not detract from my original point that I, that's me alone, did not know that this person existed until yesterday, when it appears that all along he is the single most famous man in the world and the greatest actor since Garrick (Sorry Henry but I just love the David G).

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    JWADDICK said:

But he must bother you enough to start a thread on a Charlton forum.

Basically you just wanted to have a moan.
  • Options

JWADDICK said:

But he must bother you enough to start a thread on a Charlton forum.

Basically you just wanted to have a moan.
    Do you actually read threads before commenting? I refer you to my OP wherein I enquired as to whether I was alone in not knowing who he was. If you consider that to be a moan I suggest you marry someone and learn what real moaning is:). If it came across that way then I'm sorry but I was interested to find out why me coming back to the office saying that I'd just met the aforementioned Mr Cooper and enquiring as to who the hell he was, met with such disbelief and opprobrium from certain sections of our workforce.

As it turns out I am not alone however if you cannot be bothered to read the whole thing, carry on. Perhaps you just wanted to keep on Trolling.
  • Options
    They don't make movies or actors like they used too, we get it.
  • Options

You've never heard or seen the Hangover, basically the film made him famous.

I know who he is and genuinely didn't know he was in that.
  • Options

They don't make movies or actors like they used too, we get it.

Again please read before commenting. You are right of course they don't make films like they used too, Guardians of the Galaxy being a case in point. Gosh if only they could make films like they did way back in 2013/14:)
  • Options
    I don't know who he is either but then I am an old git and make no pretensions to be trendy and down with the kids.

Know what I mean blud?

C U L8 ER
  • Options
    Amazing in limitless.
  • Options
  • Options
    Never heard of him.
  • Options
    Wow flashback, whatever did happen to Mr Cooper?