Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Am I alone ...

13»

Comments

• Those photos aren't just saved on my phone btw

They're straight from your wank bank aren't they
  • Is it this bloke from Eastenders? Charlton supporter isn't he?

• Yea right
  • Bradley Cooper has also been support actor in the film Yes Man (Jim Carrey)

Failure to Launch (Mathew McConaughey)

Basically has appeared in lots of films --- He's Just Not That In To You -- etc.

Limitless & Silver Linings Playbook being as others have said the main character.
  • Fumbluff said:

Wow flashback, whatever did happen to Mr Cooper?

He got lynched.
  • One day Hamer Time, you too will be old, and even when you have heard of singers and actors ( even footballers ) a few weeks later they are gone from your ever shrinking brain. I have heard of Bradley Cooper, I have seen Hangover, I don't read newspapers that think one hit film is enough to warrant coverage ( if he looked like me they would have no interest in him either ). When he has an oscar or two this old head might start to register who he is, until then I wouldn't recognise him if he came up and gave me a haircut...

It's bloody annoying, once upon a time I could probably name every manager in the football league, the line up of every band in the independent chart, and every oscar nominated actor every year, now I can barely remember where I left me car keys.

To be fair he
    JWADDICK said:

I ain't heard of no one, and don't know nothing about anyone. Honest.

Do you all go round with your eyes and ears closed? Both actors have been in the news for respective films and award shows, they've been in the papers too. There was the Wimbledon Selfie for Gerard, the Oscar Selfie for Bradley, then they've both been in huge grossing films. For the snobs, you must have at least heard of 300??

Apparently yes I do! I'm sorry if it offends your teenage sensibilities but I have more going on in my life than reading the gossip pages of the tabloids or knocking one out to celebrity pictures on facebook or trying to keep up with the latest fad/personality/fashion/film star, etc.

300 was a fine way to waste a couple of hours of my life but I really could not tell you, or care less who was in it. I'm afraid that that sort of mindless entertainment doesn't stay with me too long nor do I think about the finer points of the CGI/cinematography for more than about 30 seconds after the film ends.

As an aside I love films like that, I am a huge SF/fantasy fan albeit more into the books, graphic novels and comics than into the movies which in my view are generally dissapointing although Guardians of the Galaxy may at the moment be my favourite watch of the last twelve months - simply because it knows what it is and doesn't take itself too seriously.

Now if we want to have a serious discussion about films and film stars lets talk Ealing Comedies and the golden age of British Movies, most of which are in black and white and star people who I am fairly sure you have never heard of and could not care less about. Just accept that there are people older than you and that the current crop of celeb's will in my opinion be around and in the public eye for less time than it takes for them to be introduced into the Big Brother House.

Perhaps if Mr Cooper were to actually act in something that really interests me (see the Globe Theatre thread for more info) then I will sit up and take notice but until that time I'm afraid I reserve my right to ignore his doubtless fine canon of work.
    teenage sensibilities? Haha what a stuck up post! Well done for cheering me up with that drivel. Why is it YOUR view on films is the right one? A serious discussion on films doesn't have to revolve around what you like and appreciate, many loved 300 so for you to right it off is poor form. You didn't enjoy it so fair enough, I'm not a massive fan of Sci-Fi as I find it a tad geeky, but if you enjoy it then so be it.

Cheer up, life isn't over for you because you walk round with the blinkers on mate.
  • LenGlover said:

I don't know who he is either but then I am an old git and make no pretensions to be trendy and down with the kids.

Know what I mean blud?

C U L8 ER

Lol.
    Len, I love the fact that I'm being told as an almost sixty year old man, I shouldn't be wearing a baseball cap, by a generation of people that can't do up the laces on their trainers or pull up their jeans. ;)

• edited August 2014
    Love Bradley Cooper. Been good in the films I've seen, and stretches as far back as Wedding Crashers, surprised you haven't heard of him.

I like Gerard Butler too, Law Abiding Citizen still in the top 10 of my favourite films, Jamie Foxx is good in it too.

I do buy that you had no idea who he was. My housemate at uni last year had no idea who Brad Pitt was, despite us watching World War Z just the day before. There's a J and B advert with Mila Kunis on screen talking about it and he says 'she's fit' and we all say 'yeah it's mila kunis..', he just responds 'who?'. Bare in mind this kid is 20.
  • One day Hamer Time, you too will be old, and even when you have heard of singers and actors ( even footballers ) a few weeks later they are gone from your ever shrinking brain. I have heard of Bradley Cooper, I have seen Hangover, I don't read newspapers that think one hit film is enough to warrant coverage ( if he looked like me they would have no interest in him either ). When he has an oscar or two this old head might start to register who he is, until then I wouldn't recognise him if he came up and gave me a haircut...

It's bloody annoying, once upon a time I could probably name every manager in the football league, the line up of every band in the independent chart, and every oscar nominated actor every year, now I can barely remember where I left me car keys.

To be fair he
    JWADDICK said:

Do you all go round with your eyes and ears closed? Both actors have been in the news for respective films and award shows, they've been in the papers too. There was the Wimbledon Selfie for Gerard, the Oscar Selfie for Bradley, then they've both been in huge grossing films. For the snobs, you must have at least heard of 300??

Apparently yes I do! I'm sorry if it offends your teenage sensibilities but I have more going on in my life than reading the gossip pages of the tabloids or knocking one out to celebrity pictures on facebook or trying to keep up with the latest fad/personality/fashion/film star, etc.

300 was a fine way to waste a couple of hours of my life but I really could not tell you, or care less who was in it. I'm afraid that that sort of mindless entertainment doesn't stay with me too long nor do I think about the finer points of the CGI/cinematography for more than about 30 seconds after the film ends.

As an aside I love films like that, I am a huge SF/fantasy fan albeit more into the books, graphic novels and comics than into the movies which in my view are generally dissapointing although Guardians of the Galaxy may at the moment be my favourite watch of the last twelve months - simply because it knows what it is and doesn't take itself too seriously.

Now if we want to have a serious discussion about films and film stars lets talk Ealing Comedies and the golden age of British Movies, most of which are in black and white and star people who I am fairly sure you have never heard of and could not care less about. Just accept that there are people older than you and that the current crop of celeb's will in my opinion be around and in the public eye for less time than it takes for them to be introduced into the Big Brother House.

Perhaps if Mr Cooper were to actually act in something that really interests me (see the Globe Theatre thread for more info) then I will sit up and take notice but until that time I'm afraid I reserve my right to ignore his doubtless fine canon of work.
    teenage sensibilities? Haha what a stuck up post! Well done for cheering me up with that drivel. Why is it YOUR view on films is the right one? A serious discussion on films doesn't have to revolve around what you like and appreciate, many loved 300 so for you to right it off is poor form. You didn't enjoy it so fair enough, I'm not a massive fan of Sci-Fi as I find it a tad geeky, but if you enjoy it then so be it.

Cheer up, life isn't over for you because you walk round with the blinkers on mate.
    Again please read the post you are responding to before commenting. At what point do I say that my view is the only or right one? I actually do say that there are some things that interest me and as a result tend not to take too much interest in stuff that doesn't. Also I did not say that I did not enjoy 300, actually I did but it is a couple of hours of my life that I won't get back and that's ok because it was fun while it lasted. Unfortunately it didn't last much after the film ended. As for your hero Mr Cooper, he seems a very nice chap but I won't be waiting with bated breath until his next cinematic masterpiece is released.

I am also happy that you believe mky life isn't over because I have never taken notice of this person before but please remember that life on earth did not begin when you first went to the Cinema nor is it likely to end because we don't all take notice of celebrities.

Finally,... oh what's the point?

Good Night Gracie.

(you probably won't get that reference either)
  • Sponsored links:

• Never heard of him or Gerald Butler - couldn't name a One Direction song, have never watched a minute of any I'm a Celebrity/Big Brother or pretty much any other reality program (ever). Last film I saw at a cinema was Borat! Would struggle to name a number one song in the Uk since that one that was there for ever (Wet Wet Wet or Bryan Adams - the Robin Hood one)...

I am about as out of touch as it gets....
  • You are not alone
  • edited August 2014

One day Hamer Time, you too will be old, and even when you have heard of singers and actors ( even footballers ) a few weeks later they are gone from your ever shrinking brain. I have heard of Bradley Cooper, I have seen Hangover, I don't read newspapers that think one hit film is enough to warrant coverage ( if he looked like me they would have no interest in him either ). When he has an oscar or two this old head might start to register who he is, until then I wouldn't recognise him if he came up and gave me a haircut...

To be fair he
    JWADDICK said:

Yeah, I do that forgetting what I was about to say in the middle of sentences thing too...
  • You are not alone

Thanks Dan, I have a warm glow all over now:)