Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Fernando Torres

2»

Comments

• Options
    dizzee said:

Can't see him doing well at Liverpool, they'd be better off giving Borini a run.

Or better still, playing with 10 men.
    Borini is a scapegoat. A bit like Balotelli has been. Two very good players. Did you not see Borini at Sunderland. He might not be top 4 quality, but he is a lot better than he gets credit for.
    Unfortunately I saw quite a bit of Borini last year, fine against the 'big' teams, or in 'big' generally poor and disinterested against the likes of stoke, west brom etc. Saying that wouldn't mind him being up top with Igor!
  • Options
    dizzee said:

Halix said:

It's very sad when a young precocious talent doesn't quite go on to attain his anticipated world beating success, it's a bit like what happened to Joe Cole or Kevin Lisbie!.

Saw Torres as a seventeen year old playing for Athletico Madrid score a superb hat-trick and totally destroy Real Majorca, and thinking there's going to be no stopping this kid.

Are you comparing Torres to Joe Cole? This is a prime example of the media bigging up English players. When Torres was at his best he was 100x the player Joe Cole could ever dream of being.
    Ah I didn't think that was a direct comparison, more so a pair of players who both promised more than they delivered, in their own ways. Cole has had some special moments but could've had many, many more. Im not even sure I blame the media for overhyping him - his style of play got me excited. But I guess it flattered to deceive.
  • Options
    Would not be Surprised if Torres signed for Spurs next year and Juan Mata the year after that. They seem like classic Tottenham signings in the pipeline.
  • Options
    ashley said:

Would not be Surprised if Torres signed for Spurs next year and Juan Mata the year after that. They seem like classic Tottenham signings in the pipeline.

Would be all over that like a rash. Heard the other day that Torres was available on a free soon. If thats true then you can see Daniel Levy donning his kippah and rubbing his hands together with glee.

• Options
    I can't see Juan Mata signing Fernando Torres, what's he going to do with him?
  • Options
    I'd have him on loan if scousers paid the wages
  • Options
    Why would the scousers pay the wages, he's a Chelsea player.
  • Options
    Lots of talk here about him returning to Atlético. Legend there - the fans would be ecstatic if it happens.
  • Options
    We could do with another striker...................Roland.
  • Options
    Such a shame what's happened to Torres as it tarnishes the memory of a player, when at his peak at Liverpool, was an absolute joy to watch and on of the very best around. Not sure if its injuries or attitude or both, but he often looks Cchampionship standard at best these days.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Getting his mojo back? On a hat-trick against Real Madrid currently.
  • Options
    Cheers callum, just tuned in, Bale to Ronaldo 2-2
  • Options
    Indeed. Athletico doing a "real" job on the oppostion. Two attacks in the first minute of each half and Torres scores from both though keeper could have done better with the second.

2-2 now and Real have to score three times in the last 35 minutes or so to go through.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    Substituted in the 57th minute. Those two attacks left him a spent force.
  • Options
    I hear Chelsea are lining up a £50m bid for the in form striker
  • Options
    Heading out to Atletico v Real in a couple of weeks. Will be interesting to see what he is like. Always seemed that a loss of a yard of pace and a big drop in confidence has completely finished him, would be nice if he could rediscover some form with them.
  • Options

could be set for a return to Anfield, I still think there is a player there if the right manager can find him
    Jose never had faith in him and Torres seems to be the sort of player who needs love and to feel special then he will perform

Diego Simeone could be that man, still early days but the old Torres looks back
  • Options
    Scored great goal inside first minute against Barcelona tonight and looks well up for it. The crowd love him!
  • Options
    After his Chelsea wilderness, I almost forgot how good he was for Liverpool. Anyone else needing a reminder, here's all 81 of his goals for them.

Not only had quick feet, but also great in the air too.............

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W5VuEvBdWOc