Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Transfer Deadline Day Thread - Rumours and Deals (8pm CAFC summary: meh)

Comments

• Options
    edited September 2014

JET would be a perfect foil for Igor I think.

Can we sign him to just sing Jet by wings please!
  • Options
    sammy391 said:

JET would be a perfect foil for Igor I think.

Can we sign him to just sing Jet by wings please!
    we'd sing it at 100 miles an hour just like that other Wings classic we royally feck up every time

• Options

wonder if Burnley will be looking to loan Sordell out

will you get a tattoo on your arris if he does?
    Na but I might get a T-Shirt
    I reckon a life would be better suited
    Come on mate if you cant take it, then dont give it
    I was joining in princess
  • Options
    Inner city sumo.
  • Options
    RedMist said:

Inner city sumo.

"Lynne could you call Bill Oddie and....That was something else"
  • Options
    So in summary. Sod all happening in relation to moves to Charlton so far ?
  • Options
    I don't think it was the fee in the end, more we were blown out of the water by Wigans wage offer.
  • Options
    Perhaps we did - and maybe they either were not interested in coming to the Valley, or had better offers elsewhere.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Why the bloody hell did we not get people lined up when it became clear Delort wasnt happening? Either that or lay the money down that Tours wanted as we know he wanted to come and the fee being banded about seems pretty reasonable frankly.

And as soon as it started going pear shape, switch to the other targets.

The need for another striker to compliment Igor is pretty urgent IMO. We can really push on with just one more forward.

I do agree with this actually. It was in hindsight fairly obvious that Delort had fallen through after Tours president said there was only a tiny chance he could join us. That was about a week ago?

Not impressed with JET when I've seen him play (for Ipswich, granted). Maybe he's come on a bit since with Bristol though.
  • Options
    Perhaps RD is waiting for this window to shut down and then pick up a loan when all the panic of other clubs kick in who need to move players on
  • Options
    Royston Drenthe to the massives.
  • Options
    If we don't get a other striker in today and Vetokele gets injured then we are screwed! Church and pigott(still young) or even Moussa (more a midfielder) are not in anyway gonna fill Igors boots!!!
  • Options

Why the bloody hell did we not get people lined up when it became clear Delort wasnt happening? Either that or lay the money down that Tours wanted as we know he wanted to come and the fee being banded about seems pretty reasonable frankly.

The need for another striker to compliment Igor is pretty urgent IMO. We can really push on with just one more forward.

Totally agree, but maybe something is on the cards? I can't see it being JET. I'm sure Bristol City wouldn't let him go, having just lost Baldock

• Options

How do you know that hasn't happened? I highly doubt we just sat twiddling our thumbs waiting for the Delort saga to conclude. We still have the loan window + our feeder club so let's not slit wrists just yet.
  • Options
    There's absolutely nothing in the rumours about clayton and jet, the young children on twitter require something to get excited about.
  • Options
    edited September 2014

How do you know we didn't have a plan B or C? Still 5 hours to go yet and then there is the loan window to come not mention any players who are 'free' agents and out of contract. It wasn't all about the transfer fee either with Delort it was about the best deal for both him and Tours, of which we do not know the exact details. BBB has indicated he was after another striker by expressing his disappointment at missing out on Delort but he also said he is happy with what the squad have achieved thus far.

No one wants to be challenging for a shot at the PL more than RD who will have a short, medium and long term plan, believe me, so let's wait and see what transpires before getting too frustrated or despondent. If no deals are done then so be it and we make the best of what we have until January and take stock again. People need to keep things in perspective and not expect to go from 0 to 60 in the blink of an eyelid just because we have made an unbeaten start as good as it is only comprises 3 away draws and 2 home wins. BBB is making good progress, probably better than what he had expected, his first aim is to get to 50 points!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Danny welbeck going to arsenal
  • Options
    Already seem to be 3 or 4 Northern European strikers coming over for what I assume is unlikely to be more than AD's £2.5m. I wonder if they were on our radar? Ignored or outpriced?
  • Options

Danny welbeck going to arsenal

Arsenal fans will be well excited about that.
  • Options
    So far....

Worst TDD ever!

I feel ashamed closing down the reliable and long serving Rumours thread for this bucket of sh*te.

However, it hasn't SLAMMED SHUT yet....
  • Options
    17:45 - Andrew Surman [Norwich - Bournemouth] Undisclosed

17:37 - Brian Montenegro [Nacional - Leeds] Loan

17:34 - Lewis Holtby [Tottenham - Hamburg] Loan

17:30 - George Donnelly [Rochdale - Tranmere] Undisclosed

17:26 - Benjamin Stambouli [Montpellier - Tottenham] Undisclosed

17:08 - Royston Drenthe [Reading - Sheff Wed] Loan

17:00 - Ryan Watson [Leicester - Northampton] Loan

17:00 - Jose Canas [Swansea - Espanyol] Free

17:00 - Bobby Olejnik [Peterborough - Scunthorpe] Loan

16:22 - Achille Campion [Norrby IF - Port Vale] Loan

15:58 - Abel Hernandez [Palermo - Hull City] Undisclosed
  • Options
    IF! IF! Wood leaves Leicester, Palace favourite for him
  • Options
    Huddersfield Town are poised to sign Cardiff City defender Mark Hudson.