Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Sheff wed takeover collapses

1235»

Comments

• Options

seth plum said:

We had it with Zabeel so I know how you may feel having all that money dangled then snatched away.
    Just have to rely on Semedo winning Euromillions I reckon.

Funny thing is we haven't really suffered as a result of it, Milan has/is still funding us.

Like i've said before, after it all came out in the wash I'm glad we dodged it myself.

Milan is still building up the Sheffield Wednesday debts. He and you have two ways out: find a buyer or get promoted. In our case our old owners found a buyer and either couldn't or wouldn't fund the club any more after we finished 9th, 18 months ago.
    By refusing to fund they pushed us into a relegation battle which in turn depressed the sale value. we were fortunate in that it took them just six months to find a buyer and a reasonable price was agreed.
    What I'm saying is that your interests coincide with Milan IF he has the money to push on OR he will take a haircut on the loans to sell onto another owner.
    Your club is simply not worth £50m and a shrewd investor will wait until the club and/or owner become distressed. Do you want someone who pays over the odds and then complains afterwards? Look at Fulham where I recall the new owner took on £200m of debt accrued by Al Fayed. Half of that to get from the fourth tier to the Premier league.

Fans always want more players and retain the best on higher deals. But it is the club that suffers not the owner.