Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

2014 Ryder Cup

Comments

• Options
    10-6 over night then, same score as two years ago but in reverse...

Surely we can't lose from this though? You'd expect 4 of 12 to win tomorrow?
  • Options
    We had a little bit of momentum back then though with Poulter, that fightback from Rose and Kaymer has kept it with us.

Think we'll tonk them.
  • Options

I don't think Kuchar's grin is plastic. I think he's just an idiot. Like a 'proper' idiot too. IQ somewhere south of furniture.

Never met the guy or heard him speak much so can't comment on his intelligence but his perma grin is something else. Good call by me on the Foursomes front though :-) all we have to do now is seal the deal in the singles ..................that's all. :-0
  • Options
    What an amazing afternoon's golf. Dubisson and Donaldson are understated hero's.
  • Options
    Singles matches announced, think it could be a lot tighter than the current score suggests. Think that draw suits the yanks more than us...

11:36: Graeme McDowell v Jordan Spieth
    11:48: Henrik Stenson v Patrick Reed
    12:00: Rory McIlroy v Rickie Fowler
    12:12: Justin Rose v Hunter Mahan
    12:24: Stephen Gallacher v Phil Mickelson
    12:36: Martin Kaymer v Bubba Watson
    12:48: Thomas Bjorn v Matt Kuchar
    13:00: Sergio Garcia v Jim Furyk
    13:12: Ian Poulter v Webb Simpson
    13:24: Jamie Donaldson v Keegan Bradley
    13:36: Lee Westwood v Jimmy Walker
    13:48: Victor Dubuisson v Zach Johnson
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    cafcpolo said:

Singles matches announced, think it could be a lot tighter than the current score suggests. Think that draw suits the yanks more than us...

11:36: Graeme McDowell v Jordan Spieth
    11:48: Henrik Stenson v Patrick Reed
    12:00: Rory McIlroy v Rickie Fowler
    12:12: Justin Rose v Hunter Mahan
    12:24: Stephen Gallacher v Phil Mickelson
    12:36: Martin Kaymer v Bubba Watson
    12:48: Thomas Bjorn v Matt Kuchar
    13:00: Sergio Garcia v Jim Furyk
    13:12: Ian Poulter v Webb Simpson
    13:24: Jamie Donaldson v Keegan Bradley
    13:36: Lee Westwood v Jimmy Walker
    13:48: Victor Dubuisson v Zach Johnson

It wasn't difficult to predict what Tom Watson was going to do, they're 4 points behind and they needed to front end load. We can't afford to let them get any momentum going so McGinley has anticipated well and matched like with like IMO. We still have some strong players towards the back as do the Yanks, promises to be a cracking days golf. And don't forget we only need 4 points to retain the cup..............famous last words. :-)
  • Options
    Mickelson ducked Rose by not going fourth.
  • Options
    Note to Paul McGinley. Can we stick it to them early in the afternoon and give them a proper gubbing? I hope that's not being too greedy.
  • Options

Europe, on all known recent form in the Ryder Cup and the Majors, should win comfortably.

But form can go out the window when it comes to this event especially as momentum is everything.

Have still backed 16-12 & 15.5-12.5 to Europe.

6-6 tomorrow will do nicely ;-)

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Watching the highlights on BBC 2 now.

Bet Justin Rose didn't want today to end !
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Makes me laugh, all the plastics on here throwing insults,Walker is not arrogant just a seasoned professional in the twilight of his career finding some form and living it. To m any people on here who don't follow golf for the rest of the y ear who only pipe up during a major or Ryder cup.. Speight, Fowler,Reed,Walker are playing very good,it ain't over yet.
  • Options
    Can't see us losing it from here, yesterday afternoon was the key and I would now expect a European Win by around 16-12.
  • Options
    Could still be a few twists and turns yet. Can't wait for today.

Poults chip in and putt were Ryder Cup magic but he is massively out of form and was carried for the most part. Hoping he can do the job today and that Stenson's back holds out.

I actually think this is a likeable US team and it's been played in a great spirit. A lot of respect between the two sides alongside fearsome competition and some wonderful golf under huge pressure.
  • Options

Makes me laugh, all the plastics on here throwing insults,Walker is not arrogant just a seasoned professional in the twilight of his career finding some form and living it. To m any people on here who don't follow golf for the rest of the y ear who only pipe up during a major or Ryder cup.. Speight, Fowler,Reed,Walker are playing very good,it ain't over yet.

Walker's only 35 Steve! He's got another 10 years at the top.

Bradley I hate though!!

• Options
    Depends on the pin moves today, I hope the gap is not too big for Europe to be fully focused on the job in hand,

This time two yrs ago we were all convinced it was done and dusted no way back

It's going to be a great afternoon of golf and it will be a lot tighter at the end than the gap currently indicates

Can see it being 10 10 and then a tight afternoon for all
  • Options
    Is it a coincidence that, on Ryder Cup final day, the only PL game today is WBA v Burnley?

Not much of a TV clash there.
  • Options

Is it a coincidence that, on Ryder Cup final day, the only PL game today is WBA v Burnley?

Would sky really think like that? :-)
  • Options

Depends on the pin moves today, I hope the gap is not too big for Europe to be fully focused on the job in hand,

This time two yrs ago we were all convinced it was done and dusted no way back

It's going to be a great afternoon of golf and it will be a lot tighter at the end than the gap currently indicates

Can see it being 10 10 and then a tight afternoon for all

The Americans love fourball as they are naturally attacking and one of each pair can birdie a hole. In matchplay, singles, around this course. Not a chance. I expect the top matches to give them some hope but we'll annilhate them in the bottom half of the draw!

• Options
    And off they go...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Really think USA plus 3.5 matches at 6/4 is a good bet,have only got to win 5 singles matches.Plus Kuchar to beat Bjorn at EVS
  • Options
    Kuchar to beat Bjorn is nailed on
  • Options
    McIlroy is on fire. 5 up on fowler after 6 holes!
  • Options
    Fair play to the yanks they are having a real go at the moment
  • Options
    Rory seven birdies and an eagle - dormie five and will be a great early point for Europe to put us 11-6 up.
  • Options

Would sky really think like that? :-)
    Big teams playing in Europe this week aren't they?
  • Options
    Momentum definitely with Europe now with US now only one winning one match by more than one hole.
  • Options
    McIlroy wins 5&4. :-)

11-6
  • Options
    Rory McIlroy is now 1/7 fav for BBC Sports Personality of the Year.
  • Options
    McDowell makes it 12-6.

Time for the US to pack their bags.