Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

2014 Ryder Cup

123457»

Comments

• Options
    red_murph said:

Whoever decided to put Salmond up there wants a shoeing.

he got a lot of booing. nice trousers though!
  • Options

Riviera said:

Why this woman? She cocked up the opening ceremony now she's going to ruin the finale.

I didn't see it but I assume it was Di Dougherty (formerly Stewart). Used to be Johnny Wilkinson's girlfriend and Dec (as in Ant and Dec).

Has covered Sky golf for quite some time and as a result met Nick Dougherty who she subsequently married. Now also does Game Changers on Sky with Darren Campbell.

Not sure if all that helps answer your question but she can be hired to open your micro pub by contacting her here:

didougherty.com/corporate/corporate/
    Well I watch a lot of golf on Sky and have never seen her before. However I don't watch the European Tour, just the U.S. stuff.
  • Options
    Mickelson has basically blamed Tom Watson.
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

Mickelson has basically blamed Tom Watson.

Just watched the highlights on bbc2 as had to work today. Bizarre press conference where Mickelson just spoke about the USA captain at Valhalla and how good he was. As you say basically put blame on Watson rather than any of players.
  • Options
    Azinger showing his class on twitter.
  • Options

by saying what?
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    What a fantastic win, great viewing over 3 days...as for that idiot Salmond being there its just best to ignore him, like 55% of Scotland did!! Well done Europe an excellent performance all round, but have to specially mention Gmac who turned a 4-0 deficit into a 2 & 1 victory. Can we keep McGinley as the Captain for 2016?
  • Options
    After winning the majority of Ryder Cups over the past 20 years, shouldnt we be asking/telling the Yanks they need to include South Americans next time to make it more competitive.?!
  • Options

by saying what?
    In a spat about Patrick Reeds behaviour which boiled over to American behaviour in general, Micklesons bum buddy tweeted:

@PaulAzinger: @clarkedp We lack class right up until you need us most.
  • Options

After winning the majority of Ryder Cups over the past 20 years, shouldnt we be asking/telling the Yanks they need to include South Americans next time to make it more competitive.?!

Or we revert to GB & Ireland?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Good to see figjam exposed as the utter spunktrumpet he is. Total lack of class, blaming Watson for the fact that, two or three players aside (not including himself) they were shite.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    We were on the 9th green today so had Reed shortly after he'd given it to that crowd, he went into the water and Stenson won the hole and we just shushed him off completely.
    I liked his attitude though,it was very Poulteresque and made for good pantomime villain
  • Options
    Watson is a true gent a great golfer but I don't think he was able to motivate that team of players, you need to be less European in approach and more self indulgent and arseholey to be a winner of the American ryder cup team

Fig Jam will be their next winner
  • Options
    Had a fantastic weekend there - including being in the melee at the edge of the fifteenth when Donaldson won it. Superb sporting days - not quite up there with play off final etc, but not that far off. Genuine joy among all the European players - after the official ceremony as we were leaving going past the backstage area, happened to see McGinlay getting off his buggy clutching the Cup, only to be subsumed by all the caddies trying to snatch it off him - a lovely, spontaneous moment away from the eyes of the press. Such a contrast to the graceless Americans, Mickleson and Reed in particular - maybe if they weren't such bad losers, they might work out how to win a team competition...
  • Options

by saying what?
    In a spat about Patrick Reeds behaviour which boiled over to American behaviour in general, Micklesons bum buddy tweeted:

@PaulAzinger: @clarkedp We lack class right up until you need us most.
    Wow, what an absolute clown
  • Options
    Nothing against Reed or his behaviour. No different to poulter thumping his chest following a lucky chip in.
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

Nothing against Reed or his behaviour. No different to poulter thumping his chest following a lucky chip in.

He was trying to shush the crowd which was really a bit stupid.
  • Options

MrOneLung said:

He was trying to shush the crowd which was really a bit stupid.
    The knob who shouted 'have you been practising your putting Patrick?' on the first tee set the tone.
  • Options

It's all about the team. No Woods actually helps the USA but they still have an abundance of egos that will probably get in the way at some point or other.

Proof in the shape of the post defeat pointing of blame from those egos.
  • Options
    And Tom Watson deserves a bit more respect.

When Leftie and the others in his team can claim to have won eight Majors (and five times the hardest of them all, the Open) then, perhaps, we should listen. And yes I know Leftie has won five Majors to date but he's also finished second five times. Some people might say that's "first loser" five times.

Oh and let's remind us of Leftie's record in the Ryder Cup: 16-19-6. Yes Phil you've actually lost more matches than you've won. No doubt they were all your partner's/caddie's/Captain's fault1

Watson showed his class yesterday when asked what he thought of Leftie's comments and said "He has a difference of opinion. That's okay. My management philosophy is different than his."

Something his most experienced player could learn from.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Tom Watson is pure class a real gent, mickleson is not and that's why when he becomes their captain I hope we destroy them
  • Options
    The Ryder Cup is undoubtedly a great spectactle but the media really go over the top regarding the role of Captain, especially given virtually all of the initial team selection is taken out of their hands.

Selecting the pairs to go out to play (or the singles line-up) is not exactly rocket science - try to avoid pairing players who can't stand each other, put the best players at the start and end of the singles etc.

Compare the above to the amount that a football manager has to do for example (including needing to make decisions in 'real time') as well as coaching, tactics, scouting, player management etc.
  • Options
    Was never going to be like Medina and so it proved i.e. a walk in the park which most people who know about golf expected. Sorry to see the spat between Phil Michelson and Tom Watson taking place but that is the Americam mentality i.e. when something goes wrong look for somebody to blame.
  • Options

Was never going to be like Medina and so it proved i.e. a walk in the park which most people who know about golf expected. Sorry to see the spat between Phil Michelson and Tom Watson taking place but that is the Americam mentality i.e. when something goes wrong look for somebody to blame.

That's an American mentality? Thought it was just everyone's mentality.