Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Phobias. Any good ones?

edited September 2014 in Not Sports Related
Excuse to post a piccie that made me laugh. However, My wife will run mile from spiders or needles. My son will faint at the sight of a beating heart on telly. I'm not big on piranha fish or lifts. All standard stuff though. Anyone got any odd ones?

Comments

• Terrified of Death but strangely doesnt stop me from doing things like Sky Diving... ParaGliding etc...

Not much else bothers me
  • Pigeons. Cant fucking stand them. They can sense my fear, approach me and then tease me. They all need wiping out.

Ive also got a phobia of people biting towels. Really weird, but event the thought of it makes me shudder.
  • Terrified of Death but strangely doesnt stop me from doing things like Sky Diving... ParaGliding etc...

Not much else bothers me

I'm not afraid of death, I am of dieing.

Not much else bothers me

I'm not afraid of death, I am of dieing.
    Yeah thats what I meant sorry
  • edited September 2014
    Not my fear but anatidaephobia is an interesting one. Anatidaephobia is defined as a pervasive, irrational fear that one is being watched by a duck. The anatidaephobic individual fears that no matter where they are or what they are doing, a duck watches.
  • Swimming pool changing rooms, specifically the floors, and this has led onto any bathroom floor other than my own, and since I travel quite a lot staying in hotels etc, I spend more time than is sensible overthinking what I'm walking in.
    But the changing room floor thing is still king!
  • kimbo said:

Frogs

My sister also has a phobia about frogs.
  • Snakes
    Public toilets

• Sponsored links:

• Wooden lolly sticks. Just typing that made me feel a bit sick. Can't even bear to touch a wooden lolly stick.
  • Vegetarian cheese.
  • Pigeons. Cant fucking stand them. They can sense my fear, approach me and then tease me. They all need wiping out.

Ive also got a phobia of people biting towels. Really weird, but event the thought of it makes me shudder.

Under what circumstances do people bite towells ? What about pillows ?
  • edited September 2014
    PL54 said:

Pigeons. Cant fucking stand them. They can sense my fear, approach me and then tease me. They all need wiping out.

Under what circumstances do people bite towells ? What about pillows ?
    I did say it was weird. See someone do it once, cant remember where or why, but its scarred me.
  • Polystyrene is one of the most evil things, clenching my teeth just writing it.
  • "Jelly, I don't trust the way it moves."

• I once saw a programme about phobias and there was a woman who had a terrible phobia about barns. Now, not to poke fun at her condition or anything, but I'm pretty sure you could live a long and happy life without once ever entering a barn.
  • hawksmoor said:

I once saw a programme about phobias and there was a woman who had a terrible phobia about barns. Now, not to poke fun at her condition or anything, but I'm pretty sure you could live a long and happy life without once ever entering a barn.

Depends if she was a Farmer I guess...
  • Sponsored links:

• Im ya standard wasp hater that doesnt like rollercoaster rides and heights.

Not great with insects they p!ss me off
  • Pigeons - Rats with wings
  • I used to work with someone who had an intense fear of oranges. Couldn't enter a room if she could smell one.
  • PL54 said:

I used to work with someone who had an intense fear of oranges. Couldn't enter a room if she could smell one.

Good job she never worked with @tangoflash‌ then. :-)
  • PL54 said:

I used to work with someone who had an intense fear of oranges. Couldn't enter a room if she could smell one.

Seen that. Woman went berserk once because someone peeled an orange in the office.
  • edited September 2014

PL54 said:

Seen that. Woman went berserk once because someone peeled an orange in the office.
    Women are not too keen either when you get past three when counting the skins as you peel a banana. :-0
  • My son's like that with bananas. Being the understanding dad that I am, I used to chase him round the house holding a banana and laughing my head off.
  • Dogs. Other than heights, Dogs are the only thing I'm scared of.

I also have a hatred of dog owners who say to me "Don't worry, he/she is lovely, he/she wont bite"