Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
«1

Comments

  • Igor and the entire team look burnt out after about 60 minutes.
  • Why’s Bob panicking? We always have Simon Church as back-up.
  • Great :-/
  • Hmm not the news we wanted to hear I'd imagine. Definitely feel that we need to bring in one or two but if it's not to be then we'll just have to get on with it. And pray Igor stays fit.
  • Dissapointing nobody is coming in but good to see Bob mentioning the problem about us needing to be more positive for the entire game.
  • He said at the moment......I suspect that situation will change when we get to a position where-by a loan will last until the January window opens.
  • He's also got the option of giving one or two of Ahearne-Grant, Ansah etc a chance.
  • I'll search out my boots from the loft and get them buffed up...
  • Without a doubt Bob is looking for a strike partner for Igor. He's keeping it closer to his chest now though after things didn't work during the transfer window. That's my opinion anyway.
  • I'd definitely keep any possible signings on loan close to my chest at the moment. Given that we're doing better than most expected then we wouldn't want someone else to spike our guns for want of letting cats out of the bag.
  • Sponsored links:


  • Scoham said:

    He's also got the option of giving one or two of Ahearne-Grant, Ansah etc a chance.

    I wad thinking samething about Ahearne-Grant just like Gomes I would love to see him get his chance! After all he has nothing to lose as a striker
  • Not bringing somebody in now would be crazy.It would guarantee that we will not be challenging in January,and therefore not qualify for RD's criterion to bring somebody in then.
    Now when the club is challenging is the time to reinforce.
  • He said at the moment......I suspect that situation will change when we get to a position where-by a loan will last until the January window opens.

    This!
    The situation may also change depending upon results and injuries. With three points for a game, a team can move a long way in the table in just one month. The promise of January signings is on the table if we are in a good place so I suspect Peeters will want to be there if we can.
  • I don't think we will see a loan unless there are injuries.
  • My gut feeling is that under FFP and our current year budget, we can't take on anymore wages. The couple of potential deadline day signings might have signed for SL and loaned to us at low wages (given SL FFP position with the sale of Ezekiel, etc). I believe international loans are closed, correct?
  • its not just Bob who is looking for a striker,its most of the football league,thats why forwards are so expensive,well good ones
  • I get the feeling Bob is looking for players not positions... he'd like Example Player who is a (for example) target man, but not just any target man just because.
  • doronron said:

    its not just Bob who is looking for a striker,its most of the football league,thats why forwards are so expensive,well good ones

    And Delort
  • He is just doing what he is told, RD will not spend money if he thinks it ois not needed. He wants to make the club run from its own income.
  • Sponsored links:


  • But it is ridiculous to think any team in this league can survive with 3 strikers,2 of whom cannot score goals
  • There will be a new #9 sooner or later - let's be patient and enjoy the football while we wait.
  • As much as i'd love for us to bring in a Darren Bent or a Danny Graham if they are asking for wages we can't afford then its a different story and i agree we shouldn't put our financial state at risk. Any loans (not just strikers) from premier league reserves especially youth are risks as well and haven't worked out too well for us in the past (Eccelstone, Sinclair, Razak, Frimpong for example, although you do get the odd Song). If they are not likely to benefit us i'm more pro the idea of trying the likes of Piggott, Ansah and possibly Ahearne-Grant and developing our youth over paying for someone who possibly won't give a toss. Unless players are coming in with a view to permanent i'm not very fond of loans anyway especially attacking players. Any players coming in from below the Premier League on loan are more than likely only coming for fitness which i don't like either unless its with a view to permanent.

    Defenders seem to come with more determination to try (again though for every Costa there is a Seaborne) so its good to bring in experienced cover for injuries in that area. Not that its needed at the moment, just saying to show i am not 100% against loans.

    Ok i will be a bit nervous if Vetokele gets injured, but i think the likes of Tucudean, Gudmundsson, Buyens, Jackson, Cousins, Bulot and Harriott all have goals in them. I feel more confident of our team scoring goals this year than i did last year.
  • IF we did manage to get D.Bent back at the club, he would work his bollocks off for the club.
  • He said at the moment......I suspect that situation will change when we get to a position where-by a loan will last until the January window opens.

    This!
    The situation may also change depending upon results and injuries. With three points for a game, a team can move a long way in the table in just one month. The promise of January signings is on the table if we are in a good place so I suspect Peeters will want to be there if we can.

    After the Norwich game next Tuesday any loan could become permanent in the next window without a break. I suspect something might happen in the international break.

  • Grant Holt please!
  • Madz said:

    As much as i'd love for us to bring in a Darren Bent or a Danny Graham if they are asking for wages we can't afford then its a different story and i agree we shouldn't put our financial state at risk. Any loans (not just strikers) from premier league reserves especially youth are risks as well and haven't worked out too well for us in the past (Eccelstone, Sinclair, Razak, Frimpong for example, although you do get the odd Song). If they are not likely to benefit us i'm more pro the idea of trying the likes of Piggott, Ansah and possibly Ahearne-Grant and developing our youth over paying for someone who possibly won't give a toss. Unless players are coming in with a view to permanent i'm not very fond of loans anyway especially attacking players. Any players coming in from below the Premier League on loan are more than likely only coming for fitness which i don't like either unless its with a view to permanent.

    Defenders seem to come with more determination to try (again though for every Costa there is a Seaborne) so its good to bring in experienced cover for injuries in that area. Not that its needed at the moment, just saying to show i am not 100% against loans.

    Ok i will be a bit nervous if Vetokele gets injured, but i think the likes of Tucudean, Gudmundsson, Buyens, Jackson, Cousins, Bulot and Harriott all have goals in them. I feel more confident of our team scoring goals this year than i did last year.

    I agree with you on loans up to a point in that they are not ideal. However the problem is that without a holding striker Vetokele is going to get the s**t kicked out of him and we will be lucky to get 30 games out of him let alone 46. Then our strike force will be George and Church.
  • George and bungle !!!
  • Southbank said:

    Madz said:

    As much as i'd love for us to bring in a Darren Bent or a Danny Graham if they are asking for wages we can't afford then its a different story and i agree we shouldn't put our financial state at risk. Any loans (not just strikers) from premier league reserves especially youth are risks as well and haven't worked out too well for us in the past (Eccelstone, Sinclair, Razak, Frimpong for example, although you do get the odd Song). If they are not likely to benefit us i'm more pro the idea of trying the likes of Piggott, Ansah and possibly Ahearne-Grant and developing our youth over paying for someone who possibly won't give a toss. Unless players are coming in with a view to permanent i'm not very fond of loans anyway especially attacking players. Any players coming in from below the Premier League on loan are more than likely only coming for fitness which i don't like either unless its with a view to permanent.

    Defenders seem to come with more determination to try (again though for every Costa there is a Seaborne) so its good to bring in experienced cover for injuries in that area. Not that its needed at the moment, just saying to show i am not 100% against loans.

    Ok i will be a bit nervous if Vetokele gets injured, but i think the likes of Tucudean, Gudmundsson, Buyens, Jackson, Cousins, Bulot and Harriott all have goals in them. I feel more confident of our team scoring goals this year than i did last year.

    I agree with you on loans up to a point in that they are not ideal. However the problem is that without a holding striker Vetokele is going to get the s**t kicked out of him and we will be lucky to get 30 games out of him let alone 46. Then our strike force will be George and Church.
    If we can get one in then brilliant i just prefer people coming in with view to permanent because it means they are coming to earn a contract not just for fitness, but from what i am hearing the wages being asked are too high for any that are good enough.

    And in response to another reply yes i agree Bent would put effort in, I was more refering to youth reserves in Prem not giving a toss. The odd one does come out and impress when on loan, i think we just need to be careful who we would bring in. But it sounds like we're not bringing anyone in anyway..... "at the moment" as Bob said.
  • OK ok I've heard enough worries about Vetokele - has anyone noticed his flicks and how fast he is? His injury scare was from going for a 50:50 with the keeper FFS
    Bring back Bent or Kermorgant but only if its puts enough on the gate to pay for it!
    Else we continue with a new look squad advancing towards the play-offs in the next 18 months. These ex players mean a lot to us but sweet FA to Meire and Peeters. Unless there is a business case!
    If we lose both of the next two then loans more likely since October games look winnable - only just looked.
Sign In or Register to comment.

Roland Out!