Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

No Incoming Loans?

2»

Comments

• Options

OK ok I've heard enough worries about Vetokele - has anyone noticed his flicks and how fast he is? His injury scare was from going for a 50:50 with the keeper FFS
    Bring back Bent or Kermorgant but only if its puts enough on the gate to pay for it!
    Else we continue with a new look squad advancing towards the play-offs in the next 18 months. These ex players mean a lot to us but sweet FA to Meire and Peeters. Unless there is a business case!
    If we lose both of the next two then loans more likely since October games look winnable - only just looked.

Yeah, Igor's rubbish. Wow.
  • Options
    I'd buy a shirt with BENT on the back. Who else would ?
  • Options
    markmc68 said:

I'd buy a shirt with BENT on the back. Who else would ?

Let me stream off REZA first.

• Options
    Ah Reza we could get him back.
  • Options
    markmc68 said:

Ah Reza we could get him back.

Ok where's my sticky gum.

• Options
    worth bringing Polish Pete back maybe?
  • Options
    I love rolys network. We have so many other striking options. Reza , Polish Pete. Mighty joe. Lol.
  • Options

OK ok I've heard enough worries about Vetokele - has anyone noticed his flicks and how fast he is? His injury scare was from going for a 50:50 with the keeper FFS
    Bring back Bent or Kermorgant but only if its puts enough on the gate to pay for it!
    Else we continue with a new look squad advancing towards the play-offs in the next 18 months. These ex players mean a lot to us but sweet FA to Meire and Peeters. Unless there is a business case!
    If we lose both of the next two then loans more likely since October games look winnable - only just looked.

Yeah, Igor's rubbish. Wow.
    Not saying that at all! Just that 5-10 posters have stated that he's bound to get injured, taken out etc.
    If we had 25,000 in the valley every week then we might be able to afford more / better options.
    But we don't and the new owner is funding a far better squad by having far fewer senior professionals on the books and with one eye on resale value.
    I am supporting the current strategy of keeping it lean as far less noise from players not in the first 18 and cheaper and easier to improve when the time comes.
    If Igor does have to miss more than one game at any time then get a loan in asap. But have you seen the numbers quoted for premier league loan strikers?!
    I really hope the network scouts are looking for more players for January and next summer but in the meantime I'm enjoying what I watch after seven years of occasional decent games in the middle of a load of dross!
  • Options
    What are the numbers quoted for premier league strikers, SR?
  • Options
    I've heard between 15 and 30k per week or upto 1.5m a year. And that's for those not wanted. Perhaps a premier league club will pay some of that but still a lot of money.

Not seen the CAFC playing budget but guess that it's c. £6-7m a year out of total running costs of c. £16m.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The money's in the bank, I'd guess ....... well, the money Roland had put aside for Andy Delort.
    Bringing the right player in January is a financially sensible option, it would seem - although it's easy to pay too much in January.

I'd also guess, targets are already nominated and preliminary work maybe in process.

All well and good. Meanwhile, at the very least the team still needs that hold up player up to make the ball stick up front.

• Options
    by keeping sponge foot out the side will only make him hungry for goals then when given the chance,who knows who he will keep out of the side
  • Options
    I take it sponge foot is church he's never gonna get 20 goals a season but his work rate is what you wanna see from any player wearing a charlton shirt he give 100% every game I'd rather have church than a player who just wonders around doing nothing but take his pay cheque
  • Options
    Valley11 said:

doronron said:

by keeping sponge foot out the side will only make him hungry for goals then when given the chance,who knows who he will keep out of the side

Might just be me but the spongefoot thing is getting on my tits. Slag off opposition players, not our own.
    What is important, is that Church, Harriott or George are given 100% support when they are on the field.

On all football forums players get pelters if they have a bad run.

Simon have a goal scoring record of 1 goal every 10 league games.
    Do the business, and he can have the last laugh.

• Options

Valley11 said:

doronron said:

Might just be me but the spongefoot thing is getting on my tits. Slag off opposition players, not our own.
    What is important, is that Church, Harriott or George are given 100% support when they are on the field.

There's more chance of me doing the business with Kelly Brook!

• Options

Valley11 said:

doronron said:

There's more chance of me doing the business with Kelly Brook!

Don't give up Clem, she split up with her boyfriend, and is now looking for a more mature man, as long as he's got plenty of stamina!

• Options
    Valley11 said:

doronron said:

Calm down Simon there only messing with you!
  • Options

Valley11 said:

doronron said:

I was done with Church based on his performances last season, particularly the 2nd half of the season as he was dire. Based on the improvements we have made in the summer I would be open to give him a chance up top with Vetokele. I think the fans wouldn't get on his back straight away, but his performances previously don't give him much leeway if he were to have a bad game. I'm 50/50 at the mo, deep down I think he's not up to it, but the new players we have might make a difference.

That 1 in 10 league goals stat isn't great, it basically saying by the time he gets to 1000 games he'll have 100 goals....I hope those 1000 aren't with us
  • Options
    I'm starting a Chuchy - 100% thread.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I'll search out my boots from the loft and get them buffed up...

Whatever does it for you.
  • Options

Valley11 said:

doronron said:

Nah, the spongefoot thing gets on my tits.
  • Options
    Jonny Williams to Ipswich on 93 day loan very useful player would fit in well in our midfield maybe we looked at him but I have a feeling that perhaps Palace would want him back at the end of it and maybe we are looking for an option to buy in January sort of deal?