Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Addicks v's Norwich Match Thread 30/9/14

Comments

• Options
    at least seeing the subs at half time, ive actually got to witness 3 passes to a red shirt in succession. ;)

cant believe its still 0-0. totally dominated by Tettey and Johnson in midfield.

our CBs are a cut above and playing this park the bus brand of football, they need to be. still, take a point against this very good Norwich side, just cant see us hanging on for another 45.
  • Options
    Remember how we caved in during the second-half at Rotherham? Push up more, lads - what is Bulot doing? Vetokele can't fill our yawning gap from midfield to the front: he needs help.
  • Options

For anyone there; id cousins in the centre or are we persisting with Buyens and Jacko?

On the stream it looked like 4-4-1-1 with Cousins in behind Igor.
  • Options
    Charlton 2014/15 seems to game by game morphing into Charlton 2013/14.

Norwich will be right up there at end of season though so would happily take another point at the end of this. Sounds like we've got our work cut out though
  • Options
    Push Bikey up front put Morrison at the back give them something to think about.
  • Options
    Don't start going backwards - We see enough of that at The Valley. Who is our midfielder getting forward at Carrow Road?
  • Options
    Teams on way back out for 2nd half
  • Options
    Bloomin heck Totti has still got it. I've been meaning to watch the Charlton stream but I can't leave the TV watching him. He's like an attacking Pirlo. He's got vision, skill, finishing, and surprisingly doesn't look abnormally slow for 38. And my goodness is he a good looking fella. I'm starting to worry about myself.
  • Options
    off we go...city kick off
  • Options
    they play across the back.....buyens wins it...but back with city
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    they come forward.....bikey......cuz....wilson...crosses......jj jumps they clear
  • Options

For anyone there; id cousins in the centre or are we persisting with Buyens and Jacko?

oh no not the man in the hole tactic. Pritchard and harriot failed in that position. can't see cousions being any different.

why cant we just play him in centre midfield?
  • Options
    bikey to cuz....gomez.....cuz....bulot.....city win it.....and come forward.....shot comes in....henders saves....bikey clears...cuz gets it
  • Options
    Great save Henderson!!!!
  • Options
    now with henders......bulot..jj...bulot.....jj tries to find bulot again but city throw
  • Options

oh no not the man in the hole tactic. Pritchard and harriot failed in that position. can't see cousions being any different.

why cant we just play him in centre midfield?
    seems more 4-2-1-1 to me with 2 fellas in CM totally AWOL.

another superb save from henderson there, another unchallenged runner coming between the midfield and defence
  • Options
    they come forward and switch wings.....but addicks throw
  • Options
    wiggy has it.....sends it long....but addicks throw.....wiggy takes it....igor...buyens....back to igor......but ball back with city keeper
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    dizzee said:

Bloomin heck Totti has still got it. I've been meaning to watch the Charlton stream but I can't leave the TV watching him. He's like an attacking Pirlo. He's got vision, skill, finishing, and surprisingly doesn't look abnormally slow for 38. And my goodness is he a good looking fella. I'm starting to worry about touch myself.

fixed for you.

• Options
    he sends it out....wiggy to buyens....city throw....but buyens wins a throw.....wiggy takes....bikey to henders....cuz to bulot.....addicks throw.....wilson....gomez....tbh...henders..........jj tackled....city come forward.......wiggy concedes a corner
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    should be time to bring ahearne-grant on soon :-)
  • Options
    Don't let them dictate from midfield. What are we doing - Cousins, Buyens, Jackson, et al? Get stuck in, win the ball and advance.
  • Options
    corner taken.......bikey clears......they pick it up and we push them backwards......now they attack.....cross comes in.....they miss it but get a throw...now they attack again..buyens holds them up......they play keep ball......cross comes in...wilson clears....and we make them go backwards........bikey now wins it...wilson....gomez...wilson....jj..bulot......they clear from 6 yd box.....attack and we hold them up again
  • Options
    We do need to relieve the pressure or something will give.
  • Options
    wilson has it.......back to henders.....city corner......in it comes.....jj clears....city throw
  • Options
    Out of interest, is our possession in double figures yet ?
  • Options
    edited September 2014

Don't let them dictate from midfield. What are we doing - Cousins, Buyens, Jackson, et al? Get stuck in, win the ball and advance.

buyens is too slow for games like this this division and is a total passenger at the moment. chasing shadows

Redmond is unplayable but to be fair to Wiggins, is probably the best winger in the division
  • Options
    who's on the bench that could help?
  • Options
    Moussa on? Who would come off?
  • Options
    This is so painful to watch - are we interested in winning the ball in midfield?
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!