Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Dougie Freedman leaves Bolton by 'mutual consent'

Comments

• Options
    lols
  • Options
    They are a mess and in massive debt (albeit supposedly friendly debt)

Next appointment will be crucial to them
  • Options
    What a contrast in fortunes to when he walked away from Palace. For me it would've been hard for a lot of managers to take the reigns up there given the debt etc, however they had a few decent players the immediate season they came down from the Prem.

Unfortunately they could have a new manager in place by the time we play them.
  • Options
    Stunned........absolutely stunned........never saw this coming at all.
  • Options
    Mutual consent sacked. No surprise. Even with the debt, with the players they have he should be doing better there. Foolish to leave Palace.
  • Options
    heard they are going to set up a five man committee including Fish and Jensen plus an ex-PL chairman and take their time to get the right man ;-)
  • Options
    I suspect he went for a pay rise. Looking back it was a shocking mistake. I'm not saying Palace would have gone up with him at the helm, but he could be managing a Premier League club now, or at least have done so last season.

Just goes to show that money isn't everything - even though I suspect he has a nice big pay off!

I can't see why anyone would want that job now. They must be ever so close to having a transfer embargo and their squad is clearly not good enough to get them promoted where with the Premier League money they would only be in serious financial trouble. Relegation and they could be another Portsmouth!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

heard they are going to set up a five man committee including Fish and Jensen plus an ex-PL chairman and take their time to get the right man ;-)

Which involves a new man coming in on the 20th October winning their next match 5-0... Same with Magath, why cant these clubs wait until weve played them before sacking their useless manager!!
  • Options
    Nearly everyone would have expected this, as we all know Bolton are "not playing" for him or he is mis managing them.
    I don't think he was foolish to leave Palace, on the basis that he got a massive pay rise.
  • Options
    edited October 2014

Jimmy Phillips 5/2
    Malky Mackay 12/1
    Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink 12/1
    Mike Phelan 14/1
    Tony Mowbray 16/1
    Brian McDermott 16/1
    Neil Lennon 20/1
    Garry Flitcroft 20/1
    Chris Hughton 20/1
    Gary Rowett 20/1
    Ole Gunnar Solsksjaer 20/1
    Gianfranco Zola 20/1
    Nicky Butt 25/1
    Glenn Hoddle 33/1
    Neil Redfearn 33/1
    Roy Keane 33/1
    Chris Coleman 33/1
    Stelios Giannakopoulos 33/1
    Fernando Hierro 33/1
    Paolo Di Canio 33/1
    Tim Sherwood 33/1
    Alan Curbishley 33/1
  • Options

Nearly everyone would have expected this, as we all know Bolton are "not playing" for him or he is mis managing them.
    I don't think he was foolish to leave Palace, on the basis that he got a massive pay rise.

That assumes that he would rather have more money for a short while than what he might have had if he'd stayed - which could have been promotion and a season (or more) as a Premier League Manager.

You are right that one can only make decisions based on the information available at the time, but with hindsight, it's not worked out for him and I think he will find it harder to get work now that he would have done without this episode on his CV.
  • Options
    It used to be that clubs sacked their manager after they lost to us...
    Another possibility for Riga?
  • Options
    Powell should have held out - he'd be brilliant up there
  • Options
    Who's Jimmy Phillips?
  • Options
    Look at the players they have been putting out and there is no surprise he is gone as he can't get anything from them.

Massive job for whoever comes in....hopefully they won't be on a revival by the time they play us.
  • Options

Who's Jimmy Phillips?

Their academy manager who played over 300 games for them - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jimmy_Phillips_(footballer,_born_1966)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    what is Ivan Campo up to these days
  • Options
    Swisdom said:

what is Ivan Campo up to these days

Visiting Stig Tofting in the slammer with a bowl of Fernando Hierro's famous paella.
  • Options
    Hmm, left the club where he had semi-legendary status for more money, at a club going backwards...
  • Options
    I presume Lennie must have gone as well as I believe Phillips is in charge for Saturday
  • Options
    Shouldn't it read "mutual contempt" ?
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Spoke to a Bolton fan this week who said he wasn't going to be sacked as they couldn't afford to pay his contract up and get shot of him , i know its been well documented they are in the do do financially , the Bolton fan thought they were nailed on for relegation.
  • Options
    Gary Rowett would be a great shout for them.
  • Options

Peter Kaye, Dave Spikey, paddy mcguinness, Vernon Kaye and some Comedian will be the 5th committee man.

• Options

Gary Rowett would be a great shout for them.

Possibly but not sure they would be a great shout for Gary Rowett.
  • Options
    Other then purely for the money, which is why Freedman went to them, i can't see why an upcoming younger manager would take that job, surely they will be stuck with either promoting from within or one from the manager merry go round of eternal veteran failures.

Can't see anything but a fresh start in League 1 in Boltons future, like us and so many other former Premier League teams have had to do.