Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

AFC Wimbledon get their revenge by beating the franchise from Milton Keynes

2»

Comments

• Options
    Looking forward to if and when Wimbledon move back to the London borough of Merton. Will they leave Kingstonian football club without a bucket to pee in or will they let them play their at an affordable rent and not them rot like they rightly think MK Dons did.
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

I used to go Selhurst - was shit, but better than having Charlton fold.

If Noades had he way we would have amalgamated with CP at Selhurst, that would not have gone down well
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    ross1 said:

MrOneLung said:

If Noades had he way we would have amalgamated with CP at Selhurst, that would not have gone down well
    Charlton Palace Athletic
  • Options
    Kap10 said:

ross1 said:

MrOneLung said:

Charlton Palace Athletic
    Think I'd rather have Charlton Pathetic if we had amalgamated.

• Options
    on the radio they said the fans "Where were you when you were us?"
  • Options
    edited October 2014

buckshee said:

MrOneLung said:

Would you have still done so if Charlton moved to MK though?
    And had Charlton changed their name to Milton Keynes Athletic...
    It would have been the MK Tons - has a ring to it actually.
  • Options

cafctom said:

cafctom said:

cafctom said:

Happy for Wimbledon with this result but it is a bit of an anti climax considering it took them three attempts, and by looking at the highlights nobody really bothered to show up for this one (ed - 4,400 attendance).

I remember the first time they played and how big a deal it was at the time. The sting seems to have gone from it now considering they've played each other 3 times in cup competition in the last year and a half in the most soulless stadium in the country.

If they meet at Wimbledon's ground it will be a whole different story.

Be interested to know how many AFC fans were in that crowd. I'm sure it meant a lot to them having bothered to go. Personally i wouldn't patronise anything to do with franchise football but point is it matters to those involved and we can only comment as bystanders as to what it means to those there or more closely connected. I have been in smaller crowds for Charlton games at the Valley. No less passion involved, perhaps more actually as you can feel you have a bigger stake in your club.
    OK, so the attendance when they first met was 16,500 (for a televised game in December 2012) - around four times the size of what it was last night.

It doesn't make it any less meaningful to those there though does it. Less of them of course the will to beat them wouldn't be any less among those there.
    Not to those there, no. But to the majority who really cared 2 years ago, they've clearly found ways of moving on from the initial importance of the first match between the two. Like I said before, the 'sting' isn't as prominent.
    Am pretty sure that first game was a weekend, and last night was not
    so people would not want to travel 60 miles for a Tuesday night game

and one was FA Cup and the other JPT
    Should things like that get in the way of what is supposedly such a huge grudge match? A 75% reduction in attendance?
  • Options

AFC Wimbledon were formed in 2002 (ish), yet they still claim the 1988 fa cup win as there own.
    When will they go the whole hog and claim the six fa cup wins by the Wanderers as there own?

Do you really not get it?
  • Options

AFC Wimbledon were formed in 2002 (ish), yet they still claim the 1988 fa cup win as there own.
    When will they go the whole hog and claim the six fa cup wins by the Wanderers as there own?

I thought they'd returned the Cup to AFC and don't have 1988 on their honour roll anymore since a few years ago ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Wimbledon + AFC Wimbledon = Same club.
    Wimbledon + Milton Keynes Dons = Nothing to do with each other

Is no different to Newton Heath becoming Manchester United
  • Options
    Great news.
  • Options

just been given the green light to return to plough lane.

Congratulations... But why were you banned from there @Palarsehater?
    very good!!
  • Options
    Just sent Erik Samuelson a congratulatory email!
  • Options
    Good news they're back, but gutted about losing the dog track.
  • Options

Wimbledon and AFC are not the same club. The club who lifted the 1988 fa cup are sadly no more.
  • Options
    PopIcon said:

Wimbledon and AFC are not the same club. The club who lifted the 1988 fa cup are sadly no more.
    Same fans, same soul, same (almost) location when they return to Plough Lane, same district name in their club name... So what's different ? Different owner, different players.