Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Tareiq Holmes Dennis on loan to Oxford

Comments

• Options
    Mark my words. This guy will be our first choice left back within 12 months, or he will go for a sizeable fee to a premiership club
  • Options
    Melrose said:

Mark my words. This guy will be our first choice left back within 12 months, or he will go for a sizeable fee to a premiership club

Great debut Tarieq ;)
  • Options

Melrose said:

Great debut Tarieq ;)
    You may mock, but we will see.
  • Options
    Have only see him once, via a live feed of a youth cup game against Man Utd.
    He was 1 or 2 years younger than anyone on the pitch, playing in the middle of midfield and imo stood out from everyone.
  • Options
    Melrose said:

Well the way Wiggins played today he can play Tuesday if he wants.
  • Options
    Better than Fox, and will be better than Wiggins
  • Options
    Melrose said:

Melrose said:

Great debut Tarieq ;)
    You may mock, but we will see.
    Nah just in a joking way... Want to see as many youngsters come through as possible, have heard good things for a while bout Tarieq so hope he makes it.

Could he be the link out on the Left of Midfield that we need? - Gonna be difficult as weve him, Daniel AND Edwards all coming through on that side of Midfield / Defence
  • Options
    Typical Charlton Forever. We seem to have an abundance of talent in certain areas, but a dearth of it in others. Think you're right, could play LM or CM.
  • Options
    Great to hear another of the kids doing well.. This is where loans spells really benefit!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited October 2014
    " Tareiq was brilliant at left back" Quote from the man with the beady eyes.
  • Options
    'The young man had a great debut. I can see why he is so highly rated
    on that display. Good on the ball, good size, decent in the air, gets stuck in
    and confident.'

• Options
    Pleased for him. Been very impressed every time I've seen him, left back or midfield.
  • Options
    Another win for Oxford last night and more glowing reports from their fans that went.
  • Options
    This could end up being the best outward loan since Parker went to Norwich and came back knowing how to tackle.

• Options
    Post by grenobleroad on 6 hours ago

I just like how he does everything with ease. If we can keep him longer I would fancy him to knotch a few and definitely get some assists .

Read more: http://yellowsforum.co.uk/thread/19309/tareiq-holmes-dennis?page=3#ixzz3GshtYDw4
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Post by ox1yellow on 6 hours ago

Signing this lad up for the season has to be a priority. Two starts, two wins. He's going to think this professional football thing is easy!

Read more: http://yellowsforum.co.uk/thread/19309/tareiq-holmes-dennis?page=3#ixzz3Gsi4ioo5
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

they seem to love him up there
  • Options

This could end up being the best outward loan since Parker went to Norwich and came back knowing how to tackle.

Sounds more like he'd have been fine had we played him in the first team without needing experience out on loan.
  • Options
    Scoham said:

Sounds more like he'd have been fine had we played him in the first team without needing experience out on loan.
    I cant remember who it was, but one poster said last year that THD was better than Fox.
  • Options

Scoham said:

I cant remember who it was, but one poster said last year that THD was better than Fox.
    DickPlumb i think.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited October 2014
    Scoham said:

you could well be right. but.......

If he comes in at left back, do you drop Wiggins, who had a couple of his best games at Rotherham and Norwich,
    but has been a bit hot and cold this season.

also let's not kid ourselves that the 2nd division widemen are anywhere near as good as the Championship.

If he comes thou a couple of months in the hard school of the 2nd division then he could well leapfrog the likes of wiggins and fox, or at least give Bob another option. Left mid ?
  • Options
    Great pride reading that Oxford forum, knowing he is one of our own.
  • Options
    C_A_F_C said:

Scoham said:

DickPlumb i think.
    I still think he is better than Fox. Tareiq Holmes- Dennis is a better footballer. Fox is very solid, but not as skilful.
  • Options
    Oxford have extended the loan of 18 year old defender Tareiq Holmes-Dennis from Charlton until January.
  • Options
    Dansk_Red said:

Oxford have extended the loan of 18 year old defender Tareiq Holmes-Dennis from Charlton until January.

Seems strange given the Wiggins injury
  • Options
    Clearly Bob thinks his education would be improved by keeping him at Oxford, rather than sitting on the bench for us.
  • Options
    Is he allowed to play in the FA Cup tomorrow?
  • Options
    According to an interview in the SLP he is allowed to play in the FA Cup.
  • Options
    Smart move from Bob. The lad will benefit from regular league 2 football and will come back a better player for the experience.