Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Georgie's booking

understand why he was booked but why wern't the other players who also left the field of play and went into the crowd?

Comments

• Options
    common sense?
  • Options
    Writers cramp
  • Options
    To be honest cant see why he was booked... He didnt dive into the crowd yet just stood on the edge, else you could say a Footballer is doing that by staying right on the edge of the pitch
  • Options
    What I don't get is his booking will go down as inciting the crowd (all he did was celebrate scoring in front of his own fans)
    surely what Lennon did at full time deserves a punishment as he was not celebrating a goal but was definitely inciting the crowd
  • Options

What I don't get is his booking will go down as inciting the crowd (all he did was celebrate scoring in front of his own fans)
    surely what Lennon did at full time deserves a punishment as he was not celebrating a goal but was definitely inciting the crowd

what did he do?
  • Options

understand why he was booked but why wern't the other players who also left the field of play and went into the crowd?

They only went to get him back as they knew he'd done bad
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:

what did he do?
    Was acting all ginger, the bastard!
  • Options
    Leaving the field of play to celebrate a goal is classed as a yellow card offence. However, why wasn't Lennon given his marching orders for once again leaving his technical area last night?
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:

what did he do?
    he got some stick as he left the pitch and before he went down the tunnel he turned to the north stand and started clapping (sarcastically)
  • Options

J BLOCK said:

what did he do?
    he got some stick as he left the pitch and before he went down the tunnel he turned to the north stand and started clapping (sarcastically)
    Oooo....
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Greenie said:

J BLOCK said:

what did he do?
    Oooo....
    Maybe its just me, but IMO doing that to the opposing fans is more inciting than celebrating scoring with your own fans
  • Options

Greenie said:

J BLOCK said:

what did he do?
    Oooo....
    Maybe its just me, but IMO doing that to the opposing fans is more inciting than celebrating scoring with your own fans
    If the fans were abusing him already, then he was hardly inciting them!
  • Options
    As constantly pointed out by @Riscardo over the years why is the home dug out not swapped round with the away one? If it was then our manager would be getting in the linesman's ear instead.
  • Options

In this case, the offence is not inciting the crowd, it is impersonating a footballer
  • Options
    Uboat said:

J BLOCK said:

what did he do?
    LOCK HIM UP!!!
    The nerve of the man, sarcastically clapping people who have been calling him a c**t for no obvious reason.
    Again my point is if George was booked for inciting the crowd when all he did was celebrate a goal IN FRONT OF HIS OWN FANS, NOT THE AWAY FANS, then how comes Lennon gets away with inciting the opposing fans.

my point is that what Lennon did is worse than what George did

not once have I said lock him up or anything like that, but I don't get why George was booked and Lennon gets away scot free

that's why it is on this thread and not the Lennon thead
  • Options
    Neither of them did any inciting. Did you feel incited by Lennon? I didn't, because I wasn't hoping to be, unlike some.
    Everyone knows players get booked for celebrating off the pitch with the fans, but if you're saying it's a stupid rule, then I agree.
  • Options
    Uboat said:

Neither of them did any inciting. Did you feel incited by Lennon? I didn't, because I wasn't hoping to be, unlike some.
    Everyone knows players get booked for celebrating off the pitch with the fans, but if you're saying it's a stupid rule, then I agree.

All my point is George's booking will go down as inciting the fans but if anything Lennon's was more like inciting because he was doing it to the opposing fans
  • Options

Uboat said:

All my point is George's booking will go down as inciting the fans but if anything Lennon's was more like inciting because he was doing it to the opposing fans
    It could be that Lennon was genuinely impressed by the quality of our home support and was rightly applauding it - or it could have been that he was having a pop.

Who knows what the ginger twat's intentions were?
  • Options

Uboat said:

Can someone else confirm it is for inciting the crowd, I thought it was for leaving the field of play.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Interpretation of Law 12 (as published by FIFA):

A player must be cautioned if:

• in the opinion of the referee, he makes gestures which are provocative, derisory or inflammatory
    he climbs on to a perimeter fence to celebrate a goal being scored
    • he removes his shirt or covers his head with his shirt
    • he covers his head or face with a mask or other similar item

Leaving the field of play to celebrate a goal is not a cautionable offence in itself but it is essential that players return to the field of play as soon as possible.

Referees are expected to act in a preventative manner and to exercise common sense in dealing with the celebration of a goal.

There is no specific offence of 'incitement' anywhere in the laws of the game, but a player can be cautioned for acting 'in a manner which shows a lack of respect for the game', and should be sent off for 'using offensive, insulting or abusive language and/or gestures', which I guess cover most such situations between them according to the severity.
  • Options
    Kap10 said:

Uboat said:

Can someone else confirm it is for inciting the crowd, I thought it was for leaving the field of play.
    1. Leaving the field of play,
    2. Hugging a minor.
    3. For making the cafc moaners happy for 2 minutes.
    4.The ref gave it for diving into the crowd. (had been warned to stay on his feet)

• Options
    George gets booked for celebrating an incredibly well taken goal.
    But that little scrotum jay spearing notches up foul after foul and gets nout.

I wonder if we could somehow make a banner to express our disdain against modern football!
    ;)
  • Options
    It's a safety thing.. modern football has to be aware of it. If Georgey comes into the crowd and people decide to bundle down the stairs to get to him and celebrate with him, you may crush someone or push someone down the stairs unwillingly... if Neil Lennon sarcastically claps the fans in the North Upper I don't think people are going to sprint down the stairs and dive off at him..
  • Options

It's a safety thing.. modern football has to be aware of it. If Georgey comes into the crowd and people decide to bundle down the stairs to get to him and celebrate with him, you may crush someone or push someone down the stairs unwillingly... if Neil Lennon sarcastically claps the fans in the North Upper I don't think people are going to sprint down the stairs and dive off at him..

If it was anyone else then maybe, but I think a few people would want to get at Neil Lennon lol
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Jodaius said:

Interpretation of Law 12 (as published by FIFA):

A player must be cautioned if:

• in the opinion of the referee, he makes gestures which are provocative, derisory or inflammatory
    he climbs on to a perimeter fence to celebrate a goal being scored
    • he covers his head or face with a mask or other similar item

Leaving the field of play to celebrate a goal is not a cautionable offence in itself but it is essential that players return to the field of play as soon as possible.

Referees are expected to act in a preventative manner and to exercise common sense in dealing with the celebration of a goal.

There is no specific offence of 'incitement' anywhere in the laws of the game, but a player can be cautioned for acting 'in a manner which shows a lack of respect for the game', and should be sent off for 'using offensive, insulting or abusive language and/or gestures', which I guess cover most such situations between them according to the severity.

Thing is about half our team joined him up there so should we have had 5 bookings? It's a ridiculous rule that needs to be rethought and probably removed from the game.

After giving the booking last night the ref shrugged his shoulders at the players as if to say "what else can I do?"
  • Options
    Interesting. So every time a player pulls his shirt over his head - which usually happens after a terrible mistake - he should be booked, as I don't recall this ever happening?
  • Options

Interesting. So every time a player pulls his shirt over his head - which usually happens after a terrible mistake - he should be booked, as I don't recall this ever happening?

The above interpretation relates specifically to goal celebrations.

Someone once told me that the rule about removal of shirts was put into place to ensure that sponsor logos remained visible during goal celebrations, which is often when the TV close-ups of players are seen, particularly in highlights shows such as MOTD and FLS. Not sure if it's true but would sort of make sense.
  • Options
    Jodaius said:

The above interpretation relates specifically to goal celebrations.

Someone once told me that the rule about removal of shirts was put into place to ensure that sponsor logos remained visible during goal celebrations, which is often when the TV close-ups of players are seen, particularly in highlights shows such as MOTD and FLS. Not sure if it's true but would sort of make sense.

That's how I always saw it as well
  • Options
    Dont really get why everyone hates Lennon .Or is it a Catholic/protestant thing?